Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 2,456 total)
  • Sick of the incessant snow updates
  • honeybadgerx

Looking like a good dusting so far here.

scotroutes

I can confirm that we have snow.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Snowing near Brechfa.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    perchypanther
    Free Member

I can confirm that we have snow.

I’m just waiting for the meltdown….

…when globalti realises it snows here

FB-ATB

That’s mean, but funny tho. Maybe the cold snap will kill the meeces- or drive them indoors!

iainc

An icy and white morning here so bit the bullet with some new rubber 😁

perchypanther
    Free Member

Oooh! Oooh! I have those.

Dropping the kids off at school the morning, and saw my first snow accident of the winter within two minutes of leaving the house.

Post Office van – v – Graveyard wall

nstpaul

I can confirm @scotroutes confirmation for 10 miles south also 😊

Sna

oldtennisshoes

I put the winter tyres back on my car yesterday and ordered some for Mrs OTS’ car for fitting on Saturday. That’s probably bolloxed any chance of decent cold weather or more snow now.

welshfarmer

Tops of the hills are white here this afternoon in the Black Mountains. Snow line about 1800 foot 🙂

birky
    Free Member

😀

joat

Post Office van – v – Graveyard wall

Cuts out the middle men I suppose.

Eastern East Midlands here, nothing to report.

matt_outandabout

…when globalti realises it snows here

I bet the house isn’t designed for it.

Sadly the dusting this morning melted quicker than a Brexshit promise.

yetidave
    Free Member

must have snowed a little last night, tried to melt then froze hard here. Never got above freezing all day. Watching the comic driving in my estate was great fun. I have a site visit tomorrow on top of a hill in the Lammamuirs which will be fun.

Houns

Snow on the Wrekin this afternoon

Northwind

Started here about 2am I think, very nearly went out for a walk in it since it was pretty wet and I didn’t think there’d be anything but slush by the morning. Glad I didn’t, because it turned out pretty nice- still reasonable cover down where I am at lunch time, and very pretty if a bit thin and slushy (and very slidy) up in the hills.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Don’t think I rode the fatbike even once in snow last year.

scotroutes

Sensible man has sensible mudguards!

scotroutes

A lot more “filling-in” needed up high. Looks pish tomorrow so maybe Saturday…

Northwind

scotroutes

Sensible man has sensible mudguards!

I did- about 2 minutes after I took that photo, all the cable ties broke on the rear one, the front followed suit a bit later. Ended the ride looking like I’d been dipped in shit.

ElShalimo

We had an hour of wet snow here in W Yorks at 225m. It didn’t stick though☹️

sweepy
    Free Member

snow
    Managed to get a bit of snow beneath my tyres, fingers crossed for more

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Eastern East Midlands here, nothing to report.

was it clear on the tops?

andy8442
    Free Member

A light dusting on Baildon Moor, barely worth the effort.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

No sign of snow in Southampton, but the current rain and the “feels like” -1C until after 0900 tomorrow might make for some slippy fun… Could well be worth fitting the Gravdal ice spike tyres for the next few days or so.

johndrummer
    Free Member

A light dusting on Baildon Moor, barely worth the effort.

Nothing on Station Road. Just rain

Scapegoat

Been snowing here at Scapegoat Hill, about 1300 feet, for a few hours now. White over, several inches building up on the car.

NZCol

Woken up at 04:30 in Edinburgh with thunder and lightning , looked out window to a good couple of inches of fresh snow. Looks lovely but now drizzling on it a bit.

MoreCashThanDash

Tops of the hills are white here this afternoon in the Black Mountains.

I’d be reporting that to advertising standards!

fasthaggis

@NZCol ,that will be the ‘thunder snow ‘they are banging on about on the radio 🙂 concerned Edinburger folk phoning the polis about explosions/alien invasion ..#thundersnow 😉

We just have sleety porridge that is gluing car doors shut .

iainc

couple of inches of fresh stuff on top of yesterdays remnants here in the heights of South Lanarkshire – unfortunately back to back Teams calls from 0830 for most of the day so unlikely to get out for a play 🙁

matt_outandabout

We just have sleety porridge that is gluing car doors shut .

Indeed. Looks like some giant sneezed frozen goo last night.

ElShalimo

@Scapegoat – I drove past the Pennine Manor last night at about 7pm. It was windy, foggy, 20m visibility and snowing like mad. Proper grim and pretty nasty driving conditions and it made Clough Road even more silly than usual.

Meanwhile in Stainland the inch or so we had at midnight has all but gone now.

FWIW, I reckon your at about 350m  ‘cos the little service reservoir is at 350m (~1150ft).

Scapegoat

FWIW, I reckon your at about 350m ‘cos the little service reservoir is at 350m (~1150ft).

Yeah, I was going off the trig point at Wholestone Moor, at 380M .

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

The thunder was pretty impressive – my cats were up at the window looking out to see what it was and normally they don’t care about anything weather related. Under a second between lightning flashes and the thunder so was right on top of us in the city centre

whitestone
    Free Member

We’re near Skipton and at 200m and there’s snow at about 50m higher. Won’t be anything other than pretty as the ground wasn’t frozen.

ElShalimo

@Scapegoat – have you got any left? If so the trees near the top of Round Ings Lane will look lovely. They usually look amazing when the light is good

Scapegoat

@ElShalimo Some of it is thawing, but there’s still a covering, and being wet it’s stuck to the trees. Round Ings…..everybody’s winter motoring nightmare, but yes, the tree covering always makes it look stunning. I tend to go past that turning and come into Scape via Quebec if there’s snow on the ground….. too many people get stuck going up or down.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Chaos through the sprawling Metropolis that is Torphichen yesterday.
    A combination of temp traffic lights, snow and ice on the roads and peoples inability to drive to the conditions. Resulted in a 3 car shunt.

Had to take my eldest to work at 5:30 this morning, witnessed the lightening/thunder snow.
    It was belting it down in Bathgate by the time we were at Newbridge it had turned to rain.

Looking forward to the forecast of heavy rain over the weekend.
    Hopefully the ski centres will get some good accumulations, might get a pre-Christmas ski in!

johndrummer
    Free Member

Nothing on Station Road. Just rain

It’s snowing now though. Baildon, West Yorkshire

headfirst
    Free Member

It’s coming down in the suburbs of Huddersfield, not far from but a bit lower than scapegoat.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 2,456 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.