Viewing 40 posts - 1,521 through 1,560 (of 2,459 total)
  • Sick of the incessant snow updates
  • beej

A throbbing 1 cm or so in deepest darkest Newbury.

My CrossClimates + Quattro will laugh in the face of such adversity on the 3 mile trip to drop off MsBeej, unless she decides to walk to work like last year. Me, I’ve stocked up on hot chocolate for a hard day working from home.

Kryton57

managed to get into the Jamaica Inn for a couple of pints and then set off again

Maybe you should give him a call and tell him to get back in off the road and stay the night for everyone elses sake.

Daffy

Over an inch here in the Cotswolds and its still falling.

scotroutes

A wee bit chilly on tonights ride (-10C)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2dqaG5m]2019-01-31_11-32-31[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

bikebouy
    Free Member

On the coast, we have a light smattering of snow. My neighbour had made some rather fetching car tracks in the cul-de-sac, looks a bit Bridget Riley’esque….

I expect the whole of the South to become gridlocked in about 11mins.

🤷‍♂️😵🚶‍♂️

wordnumb
    Free Member

All white then.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i see the police are begging those with renault zoes to come out and help keep england moving.

oh no the other one

Drac

A wee bit chilly on tonights ride (-10C)

Looks like it caused you to blow a seal.

nickjb
    Free Member

A good few inches in Bristol overnight. Might be a sledging day.

votchy
    Free Member

I am dismayed by the inability of this country to cope with a little snow. The one that made me laugh was it was too dangerous for the kids to go home from that college in bodmin but the asda delivery driver managed to deliver supplies to them to make their overnight stay more pleasant!!!

weeksy

LOADS of snow in Oxfordshire… staying home and Zwifting today.

IHN

Over an inch here in the Cotswolds and its still falling.

About six inches now in Cirencester, and still falling.

Where’d you live Daffy?

kilo

Virtually nothing in South West London

#fakesnowmageddon

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Still falling in Brizzle. The city will go mad!!

Parked our car yesterday evening before it snowed. Had a call from a neighbour to say someone had T-boned it. Guy was leaving a note – all ok and sorted amicably. I thought I’d move it to the top of the road to avoid any more T-boning. And then this morning, this 😂

Whoever’s been driving the white 1-series has just given up and left it there. They’re great in the snow aren’t they. 😀

Daffy

About a mile from Castle Combe, IHN.

We’re at about 4” at the moment and it’s falling steadily.

Stoner
    Free Member

jeez that’s a lot of snow DD. Do you have a snorkle?

Houns

Sweet FA here in Stourbridge 😏

wallop

Maybe you should give him a call and tell him to get back in off the road and stay the night for everyone elses sake.

Maybe she wasn’t the one doing the driving 🙄

11 hours to get from Exeter to Hayle!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

-6 on this mornings run, bit parky, but nice n grippy underfoot tbh!

perchypanther
    Free Member

11 hours to get from Exeter to Hayle!

Typical Saturday in August?

petec
    Free Member

LOADS of snow in Oxfordshire

We’ve had 5-6″ in Streatley. More than I’ve seen here for some time. The hill is already packed

wallop

Typical Saturday in August?

Haha yes! 😄

Kryton57

Travelling to Brum on the train.  Walking locally – in London – I put my Merrills on to walk through some mild slush to the local train, clear roads no issues.  Got 10 mins outside Euston and WTF its a lot of snow.

Weirdly, the kids school has closed.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m about 6 miles from Streatley (North Moreton) and thanks to differing topography we’ve only got a couple of inches (“It must be the cold darling. Sorry.”) but still the village pub will be packed at lunchtime with villagers who work in ‘town’ saying they had to take a snow day despite boring us with their 4×4 stories all year round. Olly meanwhile will have his 20 year old landrover outside, will have been working on the farm since 5.00 and will be trying to stop his raised eyebrows from ripping his forehead off.

theotherjonv

The one that made me laugh was it was too dangerous for the kids to go home from that college in bodmin but the asda delivery driver managed to deliver supplies to them to make their overnight stay more pleasant!!!

Err…. you are aware that it’s about 200m from the Asda to the College, on a main road. Whereas as the news has shown, you don’t even need to be on back roads to run into difficulties in Bodmin and the area last night. I think one driver (one who drives for a living as well) doing a few hundred yards on a main road vs lots of drivers out travelling who knows what distances on minor roads, many of which will have been ungritted and on gradients – I think it’s an eminently sensible shout.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

We are snowed in here in Hemyock, Devon. OH had to abandon her car 100 yards from the house on the last incline.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well for mild south coast Hampshire, where we’ve barely had anything and all the roads are clear..

Theyve closed the schools.

….

Despite the kids getting there ok, because there’s no snow.

Honestly.

Even next doors kids are complaining “why have we been sent home, makes no sense” I was told..

welshfarmer

Cold here, but not a lot of the white stuff really. Though it is blowing away into drifts pretty quickly. Took the van to check on the sheep this morning as the quad would have been a bit chilly 🙂

matt_outandabout

Is it me, or do any sheep with texel blood in them look like they are about to start a fight after you tipped a pint on them…?

beej

10 cm! 10 cm in Newbury!

I’ve had to make cheese and parma ham on toast.

Bunnyhop

Fossy – whereabouts in Marple are you?

Definitely 7cms (we’re at a high point near the ridge). Children making snowmen, igloos and sledging down the road. Still lovely and white out there now.

bikebouy
    Free Member

“Alexa”!!

Defrost the car 🚗 🥶😱

bigjim

Is it me, or do any sheep with texel blood in them look like they are about to start a fight

yeah they look like rottweilers or something!

I’m greatly amused by the UK grinding to a halt and rolling live news coverage of a couple of inches of snow from here in Denmark. They don’t even get as much snow as the uK here or grit the roads anywhere near as much but everyone is on snow tyres or amazing public transport and everything just keeps going as normal.

Drac

A bit of heavy fall through the night so it’s a sledging kind of dah.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That car in my photo ☝️ is still there. 😂

honeybadgerx

Well. Just popped out to the garage and turns out it’s decided to fair tank it down with snow on the Borders/Midlothian DMZ. Freya to blame maybe?

breadcrumb

It’s laying here in North West Cumbria, which is surprising as it was very wet earlier.

scotroutes

A ride, hike and ride in search of some VV squares and completing a little project of mine. I’ve now been up every summit I can see from my house (or from Aviemore in general).

We’ve had a wee bit of snow over the past few days too.

DSC_0198 by Colin CaddenFlickr2BBcode

matt_outandabout

Looks like some fresh snow Saturday early for some of us.

willard

20cm overnight in Åre last night apparently.

Sadly, I’m stuck in Stockholm, so my girlfriend will have to enjoy the fresh snow without me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,521 through 1,560 (of 2,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.