Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 2,459 total)
  • Sick of the incessant snow updates
  • m0nster2
    Free Member

Settling nicely in this part of Cov now Wolfenstein

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Snow settling here on the Wirral

dazh

Sleeting here in Tod. Trying to work out whether to send the extended family’s cars to the bottom of the hill. They’re due to leave tomorrow and such is my cabin fever the last thing I need is for them to get snowed in 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Unsurprisingly, nice effing cold rain here in Brizzle. 🙂

simmy
    Free Member

It’s been snowing about an hour and now it’s sticking.

I’m in Bolton.

dannyh
    Free Member

One and a half inches of very sticky snow here in, wait for it, Leicestershire.

Already built a snowman with the kids by torchlight!

dazh

Snow on the ground now. My brother’s and brother-in-law’s cars have been moved to the bottom of the hill as a precaution. Looks like an off-road ride tomorrow then rather than a road ride.

joat

Settling in Newark, big big flakes.

MoreCashThanDash

Been snowing and settling here near Derby since 5pm. Good proper inch of it so far.

A bit concerned as I’ve ridden 4,939 miles this year, never yet done 5k in a year, really need this snow to be a one day wonder….and leave no ice 🙄

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Nearly 25 mm squally rain here in Eastbourne…..

Hound 1 took one look at the back door and huffed.

Hound 2 did her best “it burns” impression before slinking back to her mat to destroy the remnants of the xmas cardboard.

jeffl

Snowing and settling in Chesterfield since 6pm. Couple of inches so far.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

A bit concerned as I’ve ridden 4,939 miles this year, never yet done 5k in a year, really need this snow to be a one day wonder….and leave no ice

im 100 off 7000 and had a century planned for tomorrow,

woody21
    Free Member

Around 6 inches in the hills above Bakewell

Although DCC don’t think there is a problem

http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/transport_roads/roads_traffic/road_maintenance/snow_info/latest_update/default.asp#9/53.1085/-1.5752

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

There was a chilly drizzle here earlier. Temperature needs to drop a few degrees before we get snow though.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Around 4 inches in the hills around Matlock, I clearly need to get closer to Bakewell!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Interesting, it started as rain, now snow, so the snow is sticking to everything ie cables etc and not falling off. The wind is getting up, and a massive conifer in the garden opposite has partially fallen down due to the weight of snow and the effect of the wind. Made one hell of a noise!

I bet there will be a few powerline’s down later

zippykona

Wet and warm darn sarf. Traditional Christmas weather.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Finally stopped just outside of derby. Boxing Day hilarity with the outlaws has resulted in a few “extras” staying over as there’s no way at all if driving home. I need to get ours tomorrow to go pick up my new addition to the family!!!!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Yesterday’s sleet and snow has come to nothing in South Shropshire.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

No snow in Saltburn but I’m seeing cars drive past with snow on them.

dazh

Just enough snow in Tod for some pre-breakfast sledging. I’m now hoping the road down the hill thaws enough so all my visitors can get home and leave me in peace 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Very little snow in evidence on the Black Mountains, from a distance at least.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Travelling between Congleton and Sheffield last night took 11 hours! Never had a journey like it. Trees blocking the road, abandoned cars everywhere, driving sideways/drifting round corners using only the steering wheel, just trying to stay roughly on the road without going over the side. And everyone helping out to push each others cars up the hills. In the end most people gave up and just slept in their cars. It was an eerie sight seeing a line of traffic stretching into the distance with no lights on, just the glow from mobiles etc.

hora
    Free Member

We packed two sleeping bags and blankets as backup and almost had to give them away yesterday

wrightyson
    Free Member

Travelling between Congleton and Sheffield last night

Not being funny but did you have to make that journey? Knowing what that area is like at the best of times I would have sacked it clean off! Fetched our new dog from Wirksworth yesterday and knew it’d be bad so decided to walk the last half mile.

honeybadgerx

Just thought I’d trudge this up. Light dusting on the car by the Pentlands at 6.30am this morning, also a bit nippy.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Massive dump of rain in West Wales.. If only it were 8 degrees colder

molgrips
    Free Member

I just prepped my bike for a quick spin, opened the garage door back up and it’s filthy cold sleet.. great..

scotroutes

That’s our third snowfall of the past 10 days or so. Each one has been swept away by wind and rain. I’d like to think this one will stick around for a while but there are more heavy winds forecast tomorrow evening.

rusty90
    Free Member

Massive dump of rain in West Wales. If only it were 8 degrees colder

Heavy snow settling here in Brechfa, currently 2C.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Heavy snow settling here in Brechfa, currently 2C.

I can see some more coming on the horizon.

john_drummer
    Free Member

we (Baildon, West Yorks) were threatened with some for last night on high ground. I didn’t go up to Queensbury to check it out, but there’s none here now. not even particularly cold

dirtydog
    Free Member

Nothing here.

iainc

Can hardly believe that a forecast 2-5cm of snow for Central Belt gets top slot on Reporting Scotland, with live coverage from a gritting depot 🙄 jeez, its winter, in Scotland……

iainc

Oh, and yes, we do have approx 5mm of white stuff in East Kilbride, the frozen tundra that it is 😀

piemonster

Bit of snow this afternoon

image by piemonster, on Flickr

andy8442
    Free Member

[/we (Baildon, West Yorks) were threatened with some for last night on high ground. I didn’t go up to Queensbury to check it out, but there’s none here now. not even particularly cold]

I can see Baildon moor from here, I can confirm there is no snow…..yet. Will keep looking.

bearnecessities

West Yorks now; send in the army!

scotroutes

Up to around 20cm in the garden now

bearnecessities

What are you doing in my garden?

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 2,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.