Viewing 36 posts - 161 through 196 (of 196 total)
  • Sick Bikes and welding
  • crankrider
    Free Member

Any comments on my non slagging post Jordan? I notice you are straight on FB to drum up support / slag off people on here?

ransos
    Free Member

Really ransos?

Yes. You blamed stw. On this occasion, I think blame is mostly with Jordan and his ludicrous over reaction to measured and equivocal comments.

scaredypants

how do you get “glory” out of craghoppers ?

… asking for a friend

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andyrm
    Free Member

Fair play to Jordan coming on and responding to some of the usual suspects.

Regardless of anything else, I’d always side with a guy who’s put his cock on the block and is doing it, rather than the armchair generals who criticise from their safe non-risk position.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Its OK, seems we’ve been beaten up. With a huuge stack of magazines.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HbAaPH]Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 13.10.50[/url] by John Stanley, on Flickr

nuke

I do blame stw and its usual suspects in this one, yes Jordan over reacted, but all it needed was for someone to calmly point out that no slight was initially intended and steer it back to a positive discourse.

Agreed but then Jordan himself could have steered it back? After all, he had the most to gain…it just makes good business sense to not alienate any potential future customers whether you like them or not. If any company is going to use social media/forums to promote their brand, they’ve got to play it very carefully as its a potential minefield…this thread demonstrates that very well

ogden
    Free Member

This thread is gold!

andytheadequate
    Free Member

Jordan, you really aren’t coming across well in this thread. I quite like your bikes and think you’re t-shirts are great, but it’s not very professional to start slagging off an entire forum due to a few people making slightly negative remarks. A forum is a place for discussion so it’s entirely reasonable for people to discuss your bike on here instead of directly emailing you. It’s cool that you want to answer some of your critics, but make sure you do so in a reasonable way. I can’t imagine singletrack would be that impressed with you insulting their user base whilst you’re featured in their magazine.

Although I agree that the people moaning about your branding and choice of language need to get a grip. If they don’t like it then they’re probably not the target audience. Not all brands can appeal to everyone.

ransos
    Free Member

Regardless of anything else, I’d always side with a guy who’s put his cock on the block and is doing it, rather than the armchair generals who criticise from their safe non-risk position.

I’ve re-read the first page and all I can see is some pretty balanced commentary, until Jordan waded in. Is there a subtext or history I’m missing?

jordanchaos
    Free Member

It’s the lyrics from a song –

I think I made it clear
    Why is it up to me to steer it.

This is your ship

But anyway – why am I mocking you on social media?

I dislike the stupid way you act

I’m going to mock you

I’m going to continue to do it.

I’ve been racing bikes for 30 years and STW passed me by until I was manufacturing

And once again please do come chat face to face

See you at bespoked and london bicycle show

We’ll have a good time

ransos
    Free Member

But anyway – why am I mocking you on social media?

Because you are not a nice person.

tazzymtb

Does a screen shot from Facebook really add anything constructive? or is it purely to reinforce an us and then mentality, the fact that folks have had to go off forum to try to carry this on surely makes it a bit of a witch hunt now?

Yeh you don’t like the guy, he’s clearly not a fan of some of you, but really? Fb stalking? Are you going round to peer through his letter box later and post a passive aggressive note

Honestly you guys, maybe a group hug would help?

remember you can disagree without being disagreeable 😀

ransos
    Free Member

a screen shot from Facebook really add anything constructive? or is it purely to reinforce an us and then mentality, the fact that folks have had to go off forum to try to carry this on surely makes it a bit of a witch hunt now?

Again, Jordan is the instigator.

bearnecessities

He started it Miss!

tazzymtb

Is “he started it” like a 4 year old the best you can do? For God’s* sake man have some dignity!

*pick a god, any god, I’m quite partial to Odin

oldtalent
    Free Member

Typical stw bellends being bellends (as usual). I hope sick withdraw any potential advertising from the site as that the only language the owners of this place seem to understand.
    He would probably be better off advertising on a mountain bike site.

ransos
    Free Member

He started it Miss!

Precisely: Jordan started by being juvenile, and the following exchange reflects that.

ransos
    Free Member

is “he started it” like a 4 year old the best you can do? For God’s* sake man have some dignity!

Why don’t you pop over to Facebook and give Jordan a reach around? It seems clear to me that pandering to his narcicism is completely counter productive.

Meanwhile, I’ll treat people how I find them.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Jesus H if getting in the four shitest magazines? in publication is an acievement end me now.

I’m loathe to believe anyone in any industry would employ these people , lets see some references eh?

30 likes

8 likes

10 likes

What do likes make , er nothing

And then the delusion that he’s mocking , mocking who its like a self flagilation

I’ve been racing bikes for 30 years and STW passed me by until I was manufacturing

List of people that give a shit probably on a par with sales of stuff they never manufactured but bought from chinese.

Yet more veiled threats of come and talk to my face. As said previously it only works till someone knocks you clean out and then your bully mentality stops.

http://twinkletush.com/ here you go

dovebiker

I’ve seen apprentice metal fabricators do a better job – they’d never get that job past production – have to grind it off and start again. Gapping in the braze results in inclusions that weaken the joint.

funkmasterp

I thought this place was populated by middle aged men, turns out it’s full of surly teenaged posters and bike manufacturers.

tazzymtb

Why don’t you pop over to Facebook and give Jordan a reach around? It seems clear to me that pandering to his narcicism is completely counter productive.

Nah, he’s got tattoos and long hair and probably smells a bit funny, I would expect that his gentleman’s sausage may be bit to beefy in odour for my tastes.

And again, really chap? Your level of animosity towards a stranger is a little odd and please don’t think I’m picking you out in anyway, I certainly don’t mean to come across as having a negative response to your posts it just seems a little weird from an objective perspective how much you are desperate to keep on at Jordan.

ransos
    Free Member

again, really chap? Your level of animosity towards a stranger is a little odd and please don’t think I’m picking you out in anyway, I certainly don’t mean to come across as having a negative response to your posts it just seems a little weird from an objective perspective how much you are desperate to keep on at Jordan.

All I have to go on is this thread, which tells me that he is a narcissist, bully and internet stalker. No desperation on my part, more sadness that people continue to defend someone demonstrating such unpleasant behaviours.

jordanchaos
    Free Member

But hang on you have anon accounts and I don’t

I state how you can contact me.

So now the threat of ‘getting my teeth knocked out’
    Interesting.. but not my first rodeo. Ok

Charity boxing match then?

Seems to be a line forming

I’m keen.

tazzymtb

Ahhhh but I’m not defending his behavior either, and as I said earlier no one comes cleanly out out of this *apart from those in crag hoppers*

ransos
    Free Member

Ahhhh but I’m not defending his behavior either, and as I said earlier no one comes cleanly out out of this *apart from those in crag hoppers*

I don’t agree. I can only assume we have completely different interpretations of the first page of this thread. Unfortunately Jordan then came in all guns blazing.

But really, we should all be unequivocally condemning Jordan’s behaviour. Stalking people FFS.

tazzymtb

Seems to be a line forming

Only one thing left to do*looks for billy ray Cyrus album*

giantalkali
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member
    how do you get “glory” out of craghoppers ?

Let it run out the specially designed Glory Hole?

everyone
    Free Member

Hang on, is there any proof here or is it the usual “well my mate knew a bloke down the pub that said that his dog told him about it”?

jordanchaos
    Free Member

I’m not stalking people.

Someone came on to the page with an anon account.
    They threatened me personally. That deserves a response.

You condone bullying to brands or people but no reprocussions to actions because it suits the grotesque way the forum is running.

Also I’m not your role model I’m not a buisnessman with my little corporate empire. I can do what I like and I am.

I’m sticking up for myself agains a wave of abuse and you don’t like it. Tell you what. Keep my name out of your mouth. And I’ll be gone.

Don’t threaten me I’ll be gone

With luck without the forums support my brand will fail and you will have successfully completed your task

I don’t even WANT to be here I have nothing in common with you guys at all. But I will protect myself.

When I clearly answer a question no one reads it.

Like a broken pencil mate.

ransos
    Free Member

Hang on, is there any proof here or is it the usual “well my mate knew a bloke down the pub that said that his dog told him about it”?

On their FB page wasn’t it? Jordan thinks it’s ok though.

ransos
    Free Member

Also I’m not your role model I’m not a buisnessman with my little corporate empire. I can do what I like and I am.

The flip side of that attitude is that people can say what they like about your company. You don’t seem to like that very much, as you throw your toys out of the pram following the slightest hint of criticism.
    For someone who claims to not be bothered it’s interesting that you keep coming back.
    If you care to reread page 1, you’ll see a legitimate enquiry and commentary from at least one expert. Your reaction was completely over the top.

nuke

If we aren’t your target market (you are correct of course as ive never seen any slack ti/steel hardtails even mentioned on this forum) & you have nothing in common with us (im sure you’re not even close to the white middle aged male cyclist that is so prevalent on stw) im wondering where your market/fan base is? 😕

philxx1975
    Free Member

Also I’m not your role model

Thank god for that

Secondly it’s you that seems to be suggesting the rock up and talk to me like a man attitude buddy, I personally am only marginally interested if anything you have said is actually true. References or it never happened.

Go and play the victim on Facebook.

If we aren’t your target market (you are correct of course as ive never seen any slack ti/steel hardtails even mentioned on this forum) & you have nothing in common with us (im sure you’re not even close to the white middle aged male cyclist that is so prevalent on stw) im wondering where your market/fan base is? why your still here other than to be an argumentative cockwomble

bigjim

Typical stw bellends being bellends (as usual)

+1

can’t do anything about the STW Approved Trolls sadly

tazzymtb

I think its a bit like kiora, its too orangey for crows. Or as mentioned earlier sort of a brewdog for bikes….if you don’t like overly hoppy stuff you are clearly a mincer of epic proportions….still works well for them so there is always a market for stuff outside of the norm and folks do like a niche 🙂

Viewing 36 posts - 161 through 196 (of 196 total)

The topic ‘Sick Bikes and welding’ is closed to new replies.