Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shutoff valves for ghetto tubeless inflator?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve got some 5mm tube, which is perfect for over the top of my presta valves, but I’m struggling to find valves (I’d rather have a valve than use mole grips or the likes) there are 5mm ones on fleabay for irrigation systems, but the ID of the hose is 5mm, so I’m not confidant in that having a tight enough fit to hold pressure.

Anyone seen/got anything?.

Cheezpleez

I just use a v strong spring loaded clip, like a mega bulldog clip, to kink the tube. Came from B&Q I think. Not what you’re after but it works a treat

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ll probably end up using the likes of that, I’d just rather have a proper valve.

Cheers.

YoKaiser
    Free Member
    P20

I’ve just been doubling the hose and holding it with the flat section on needle nose pliers. I’d be interested to see what people come up with

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Christ klaus! Yer talking nearly 8 quid there man! That’s not in the ghetto ethos!. I’ll be just using a taped bottle at first, then see what I can get my hands on. Irony is that I took a perfectly good wee gas bottle to the tip last week. #whatadick.

Anyway, probably time you stopped sleeping on the night shift and put your undoubtably awesome manskills to use by rattling one together!.

oldnpastit

I just kink the tube and then stand on it. Never had a problem!

ratherbeintobago

(I’d rather have a valve than use mole grips or the likes)

Yes, but mole grips work.

The thing that makes mine not work as well as planned is I’m struggling to get a decent seal round one of the valves. Any suggestions as to what to use ?Araldite.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I plan on getting a wee o ring and some silicon in there, and then letting it cure.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Microbore ball valve fits the tube I used.

Mole grips work perfectly well, however.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shutoff valves for ghetto tubeless inflator?’ is closed to new replies.