Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Shrubbery proof xc summer gloves pls
  • towzer

Hi,

As a map based xc explorer and having just been where the hand of man has clearly not set foot for a while I’ve just been nettled/brambled/rosed/etc senseless in my new endura gloves so I’m after recommendations for a thin palm summer glove but with reinforced back of hand esp on outside edges/back of fingers, which is as shrubbery proof as possible. Ta

Drac

Neeee!

seriousrikk

Sorry no recommendations, just following the suggestions with interest because I am tired of picking bramble barbs out of my hand.

towzer

Fao seriousrikk, I’ve fitted my gfs old breezeblockers which she didn’t like (*as a winter keep hands warmer solution), sort of a mtb version of off-road motorbike handguards/bark busters which is a sort of small plastic shield that goes on front of the grips. I’ll see how they work.

I don’t think they’re available any more – https://www.denniswinter.com/cycling-c3/parts-c67/handlebars-stems-headsets-grips-c169/breezeblockers-storm-matt-black-cycle-handguards-p30372

So FYI – similar from motorcycle world(*there are lots and lots and lots)

https://www.denniswinter.com/off-road-c1/parts-c91/handguards-c277/acerbis-uniko-vented-handguards-with-universal-fitting-kit-white-fluro-p151551

I think they also do mtb ones Sam Hill ??

Cheers

thecaptain
    Free Member

You are joking I presume. Hard enough to find shrubbery-proof heavy duty gardening gloves.

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

I have enduro hand guards for this reason

BenjiM

Neeee!

Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing!

jamesfts
    Free Member

Yeah, I hate wearing gloves and as much as I think they’re the single ugliest, dumb looking thing you you can fit to a bike I run AVS hand guards this time of year for local trails. Easy to fit so remove them if riding elsewhere but genuinely make a massive difference.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.