Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shrewsbury for a few days
  • grantyboy
    Free Member

In Shrewsbury for a few days on business. What’s to do in the evening and where are the good restaurants etc. Staying in the town center.
    Cheers!

hatter

Can definitely recommend the Peach Tree if you want a nice meal in the evening.

nevisthecat
    Free Member

Boathouse next to Welsh Bridge, and Theatre on Severn is an institution. Great food amd atmosphere.

Bit more hairy arsed is the Admiral Benbow or the Salop by the river.

Check out what film is on at the Old Market Hall. Its the former guildhall and dates from the 16th century. Has a coffee shop and bar and little cool cinema.

Other places are the Shrew for good pub grub and the Fishes for decent beer.

doris5000

The Coach and Horses (just along from the aforementioned Benbow) is usually a good atmosphere (chilled) and has some decent ales. The Boathouse is particularly nice on a sunny afternoon! (i would mention that it’s actually next to Porthill footbridge, mind)

Food-wise, the Golden Cross is very good too (just behind the high st)

nevisthecat
    Free Member

Yeah – definitely the Golden Cross. Good call.

We went there a few weeks ago, and my girlfriend, pointing at the large black “picture” in an equally large gilt frame said “That’s crap – I could have painted that”.

I pointed out it was the specials board.

If the OP goes via Welsh Bridge they can pop into Trailhead or Dave Mellor’s to buy shiny stuff…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shrewsbury for a few days’ is closed to new replies.