Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Shred raceface-circus-of-dirt-mega-enduro Sat 3rd Sept
  • Clink

Can anyone tell me more about this? http://b-xs.myshopify.com/collections/featured-items/products/raceface-circus-of-dirt-mega-enduro Info on site not very descriptive…

I’m presuming that it’s a trail/dh focused event??

Perhaps I should stick to the enduro or xc on the Sat instead http://b-xs.myshopify.com/products/copy-of-raceface-circus-of-dirt-round-5-entry

ollieT
    Free Member

I’m going, probably Sunday. It should be pretty good the shred guys know what they are doing.

Clink

Hi Ollie – so not a DH focus on Sun then?

zoomajay
    Free Member

Ignore Ollie – he’s a perennial bike breaker!
    The format for the weekend is this –

Saturday – fun enduro (1 or 2 hour) at 10-00. Cross country (usual format) at 13-00, including south west champs and military champs.

Saturday evening – Downhill. 2 up eliminator racing. Do it on your xc bike for max respec’, and free Commando Hoofin ale for spectators.

Sunday – Mega Enduro. Mass downhill start, 3 laps of a combination of xc loop and exmoor wonder. DH lines will be fully open for the fearless, with chicken runs for the sensible. Don’t bring your DH bike or singlespeed, there’s a leg breaking amount of climbing per lap.

Hope this clears things up.
    Strength and Honour.

Jay
    Shred Events

ollieT
    Free Member

I’ve nearly broke as many bikes as you have bones over the last couple of years. What distance is it Sunday? I feel another warranty claim coming on.

Hareydan
    Free Member

I’m registered for the Sunday event, I believe it’s 60k? I have to say I haven’t had much info through yet… I’ve seen some dh racing there though and I’m looking forward to seeing what the course is like!

wrecker
    Free Member

Sounds like a brilliant event. Is the fun enduro for mortals? Armour/fullface recommended?
    Can you turn up and race?

Clink

Don’t bring your ….. or singlespeed

Or dear!

Only have a singlespeed! Oh well I can always walk 😀

jam-bo

It’s a dirty big hill.

The DH track is fun. Around 3mins long at race pace.

zoomajay
    Free Member

It’s a rough 60km, measured in country miles.
    The last downhill on the lap is 0.8 miles long with some sections that will turn your bowels to water – but there’s always an alternative line.
    Entry on the day available, pre-enter to get a Circus of Dirt t-shirt.
    It’s a full-on xc course – armour if you’re taking on the gap jumps and doubles, lycra if not.

Jay
    Shred Events

Clink

It’s a full-on xc course – armour if you’re taking on the gap jumps and doubles, lycra if not

Ideal for my rigid ss then!! 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

The 1 or 2 hour enduro is 60km? 😯

Clink

The 1 or 2 hour enduro is 60km?

That’s on Sat
    60km Enduro on Sun

Info on site isn’t very clear or expansive though….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Shred raceface-circus-of-dirt-mega-enduro Sat 3rd Sept’ is closed to new replies.