Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Shraeder shock valve leaking air
  • Aus
    Free Member

Looks like the schraeder valve on mate’s rear shock is leaking air slightly – is this common? Fixable? How?

Cheers

devs
    Free Member

Is it really? Or do you just think it is because the pressure is down when you connect the shock pump?

Aus
    Free Member

Pretty sure it is … put a little water in and hadd bubbling … altho seems rather intermittent. Shock’s not fully deflating

sturmey
    Free Member

Call in to a tyre centre and ask if you can borrow their valve removal tool. Tighten the valve in the centre and see if it cures it. You can buy a tool from a car spares place if they wont lend you one.

BadlyWiredDog

Just replace the valve core – you can buy replacements at car accessory places along with cheap valve core removers which simply unscrew the valve bit, it probably has either a damaged seal or seat or there’s some grit holding it open.

Aus
    Free Member

sounds like a simple fix – many thanks

devs
    Free Member

Halfords sell the tools and spare valve inners if you can’t get them anywhere else. Sounds obvious but make sure it is fully deflated before you play with the valve inner. I know someone who nearly lost an eye!

stumpy01

Could just be a bit of grit in the valve. Happened to me on a pre-ride adjustment at Thetford – cue no air in my shock at all.
    Drove from Brandon to High Lodge and took bike to Bike-Art. Blokie blew it out with an air line to remove the grit and off we went, no problems.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Shraeder shock valve leaking air’ is closed to new replies.