Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ShowerTrackWorld
  • sadmadalan

Ok – so I am now very bored, so am looking at what needs sorting out in the house.

We have a shower with a pump, but the pump has died. Simples, I thought, just replace the pump with something similar and all fixed. The inlet pipes have vales fitted so I don’t even have to drain the tanks to make it work.

Then my better half chirps up that she ‘prefers’ the non-pumped version as it does not dry out her skin as much. I’m not going to argue about this, I don’t have enough time left in the universe and I will lose. So my thoughts are can you get a shower pump where the amount of force that pump delivers depends on how much you turn the shower on/off value. I’ve done some searching, but I will admit that I am well outside of my knowledge, so can’t work out if what I am after is actually available and if so what it would be called. I don’t want to change the existing shower mixer and head – just the pump.

So given the collective knowledge in STW – can anyone educate me about this?

joshvegas
    Free Member

This is easy. A similar approach can be taken with thermostats*

Put it in with pump don’t say you have.

*Put thermistat connected to nothing on the wall and everyone can adjust to their preferred temp.

joebristol

It sounds like a faff. I’d just stick another normal pump in there and tell her it’s a lower pressure one.

As if the force the water is pumped at makes a difference to how dry your skin is. Women ffs!

Edit – or put a nice higher pressure one in there and tell it has a water softening filter in it for softer skin*

* clearly this a lie but whatever!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    martinhutch

Fit new pump. Leave a jug in the bathroom for her to use if her skin gets too dry.

The alternative is one of those ‘rainshower’ type heads with a switch to convert it to a skin-destroying jet.

leffeboy

The alternative is one of those ‘rainshower’ type heads

Is the correct answer but fitting a ‘low pressure’ pump is an amusing idea

wobbliscott
    Free Member

We used to have a 2 bar shower pump and it was like a torrent. We replaced our system with a non-vented one and now have a good bar and a bit pressure which is basically mains around us, and it is more than adequate, so just get a 1bar pump or 1.2 bar or something like that then you’ll have something that is similar to mains pressure. you wouldn’t want less than mains anyway.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ShowerTrackWorld’ is closed to new replies.