• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by will.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Show your SS road bikes.
  • ds3000
    Free Member

Just took posession of a Beer Components BB30 eccentric bottom bracket and plan to build a SS road bike using a Caad10 frame and donor parts from the bits vault.

I will update with the build progress, in the meantime I’d like to see what’s out there, be it road, cross, monster or anything else.

Eccentric BB30:

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Ok go on then. Commuted 25 miles a day on this thing across London for 5 years till moving about 6 months ago and I haven’t ridden it since. Was thinking of hanging it in the hallway and pretending its art but SHE say NO.

main by TheBrownDogBiking, on Flickr

ssboggy

Specialized Langster commuter

Bregante

Oops

Bregante

I had a Spesh Singlecross for a few years and loved it but ended up flogging it when my commute became impractical. Things have changed and it’s now an option again, so I’ve just bought this off here.

Photo 1 - 2013-10-30

Plan to make a few changes to it before I take my own pics

breadcrumb

My Langster. Its guarded up now, used 10 miles a day.

Muke
    Free Member

Anyone run 28c tyres on a Langster ?

RoganJosh
    Free Member

A beer component in a caad10? That sounds RIGHT up my street, make there are plenty of pictures, and then sell it to me if it’s a 58.

huws
    Free Member

My thoroughly impractical commuter. Now replaced with a geared road bike and ‘relegated’ to pure track use. My back thanks me every day.

Dyffers
    Free Member

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

SS is for people who don’t have the balls to ride fixed.

sandwicheater

Gone now and never really got on with it. Don’t mind SS for MTB but just found I always wanted to race into/from work and always wanted to go faster than the single gear could provide.

Salsa Casserole

[/url]
    Untitled by sandwicheater, on Flickr
    [/img]

Dyffers
    Free Member

SS is for people who don’t have the balls to ride fixed.

Both of mine above were fixed. Fixed teaches you the skill of pushing a high cadence smoothly.

On the 1km of 7% downhill on my commute home my knees often wished I had ‘just’ a singlespeed 😀 When I finally accepted defeat, the gears went back on along with the freewheel.

kcal

Not sure if this is what you mean! Has less leccy tape and nicer bar tape now —

nedrapier

Love that Salsa.

Here’s this one again. I put a cassette on the back for a Downs link + SDW ride, and it stayed on after we moved house and the commute got hillier. I really enjoyed riding SS, and I probably wouldn’t have bothered setting up my mtb SS without the experience. The commute now would be perfectly doable SS, but gears are too handy, and bar end shifters make swapping to SS and back a pain.

will
    Free Member

Love mine, ideal winter bike and commuter. 49:16

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Show your SS road bikes.’ is closed to new replies.