Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Show us your winter road bikes
  • Bregante

Hopefully it’s only temporary but the weather over the past week has had me looking towards winter. I couldn’t resist a bit of an eBay bargain this weekend and took the plunge on a Charge Juicer.

Fitted with functional but not fancy kit I reckon I’ve done OK for £300. Just needs some full length mudgauards and I’ll be ready for the worst that August can throw at me 🙂 .

Rides lovely too.

So anyone else fancy showing us their winter roadies?

nemesis
    Free Member

Chinese carbon with raceblades added for winter.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice those. Nemesis, white bar tape on a winter bike 😯

Here’s a not very good photo of mine…

An old Trek 1200 SL brought from a mate for about 250 quid. Set of full SKS guards. It’s had some new 105/OpenPro wheels. New 105 brakes with Salmon pads. Conti 4 season tyres with some thick tubes. Also had new saddle and bars since that photo. Got a new chainset to put on at some point too.

nemesis
    Free Member

Deda white carbon tape – it’s my CX bike too and you’d be amazed how easy it is to clean with just a hose.

will
    Free Member

I like that alot. Like you say full guards, and a mud flap and you’re laughing!

Here is mine:

Bregante

Thanks will. I am rather pleased with it 🙂

For a minute I thought yours didn’t have a saddle! How low profile is that!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice Will, what frame is that?

will
    Free Member

It’s a 2003 Giant TCR ONCE frame, with the stickers removed for a sealth, parking on the street kind of look.

And yes, quite a low position…

crispycross
    Free Member

It’s been resprayed since this photo was taken and used for nice summer rides, but the mudguards are going back on for the winter.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Crispycross, now that is a winter bike!

beej

Kaffenback = Tank

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I need a proper winter road bike this year (preferably with discs), no way I’m suffering through another day let alone season of **** Crud Guards if I can help it! Probs need to sell a kidney though.

Bregante

See above monkeyfudger. Admittedly no discs but you can get something decent for a lot less than you think.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Monkeyfudger, those cruds are indeed useless!

Can definitely pick something up cheaply from the classifieds. Weight isn’t really an issue and lower end group sets are still plenty good enough. Usually just need to sort out the contact points. Never really felt the need for discs, koolstop salmon pads are plenty good enough for me.

Haze

(will have ‘guards back on)

dickie
    Free Member

Frame here[img]http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/img/uploads/images/blog-images/Shimano%20Equilibrium%201.jpg[/img]

Not mine, but my frame turned up yesterday. Takes full mudguards.
    Genesis Equilibrium. The paint work is beautiful & it even came with a bottle of touch-up paint.
    All for £329 delivered with a free installed headset from Paul Milnes Cycles, Bradford.

chakaping
    Free Member

Don’t put an Ultegra chainset and deep section carbon wheels on yours please Dickie!

dickie
    Free Member

No I wasn’t planning on the deep section wheels, but whats wrong with the chainset? Modern style on classic lines?

chakaping
    Free Member

The “stealth bomber”design looks completely wrong for the bike to my eyes.

New 105 comes in silver, I’d go for that (or old 105).

Or ignore internet fannies like me and just put what you want on it.

😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Show us your winter road bikes’ is closed to new replies.