Show us your tandems!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Show us your tandems!
  • Premier Icon schmiken
    Subscriber

Having just put some new tyres on the tandem to replace the ageing Conti Verticals, I decided it was a good excuse for a thread.
    The bike is a slightly old Ventana El Conquistador de Montanas (just as well it has a long TT!) with Fox 36s, Middleburn cranks , Magura Louises (that I want to get rid of and swap for Saints), and DT/Magic wheels. Rides brilliantly and is so much fun!
    Last ridden at Battle on the Beach, and now clean and ready to ride:

shermer75

Slam that stem!

Looks great πŸ™‚

shermer75

Is that some kind of puncture repair doohickey attached to the stoker’s stem? And who operates the rear v-brake?

Don’t have a tandem, always fancied one! πŸ™‚

Premier Icon schmiken
    Subscriber

Yeah, it’s a can of sealant, placed ready for BotB that I hadn’t removed. The rear Vbrake is attached to a thumb shifter which the captain operates – you can see it by the LH grip in the second picture.

tjagain

In full on expedition mode
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/SVZPD5]IMG_2657cropped[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

Posing by the beach[url=https://flic.kr/p/c2cH7h]07 beach and bike[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

Might be up for sale soon as we don’t really use it much any more. πŸ™

[url=https://flic.kr/p/acEFYh]110813_132922[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

shermer75

‘Multispeedstu’ πŸ˜†

thecaptain

Ours is like schmiken’s, just a slightly/substantially older version. Still the same blue though, and still going strong πŸ™‚

Wonder if this will work?

umop3pisdn

Crossing the line at the Ride London 100 last year

It’s a blue Ventana love-in tonight on STW!! Here’s Nancy-

She’s had a shorter stem since that photo. Homebrew drivetrain using 22t timing rings for max ground clearance, and a DIY remote lockout on the RP23 driven off a gripshift on the stoker handlebars (because Sandy can’t reach the Propedal lever!).
    And a wee run down the Glentress freeride park-

Rob & Sandy – who are pretty gutted Tweedlove won’t let tandems enter the Enjoyro πŸ™

tjagain

rob and sandy – claim disability discrimination? πŸ˜‰

ontor

Here’s our Hase at Lydford castle a couple of days ago…

Kieran

Road:

Off-road for a change to the blue ECDM’s:

Our mtb one in its current guise, ready to be ridden in the Surrey Hills last weekend, Rohloffed with 29plus front with a 2.6 Nobby Nic on the back, our fourth mtb tandem, love it in this setup.

No pictures of our roadie tandem but stock Dawes but with Avid BB7s front and back.

upshift

@Schmiken – what’s the thinking behind running two brakes on the back? And how do you operate it with the lever – does it click through steps like a shifter or is it more gradual?

tjagain

bugpowderbust – single sided drive with the rohlf? I couldn’t get this to work on ours – the chains clashed if I put the two rings on the middle and outer position and I didn’t want to use tiny granny ring timing rings – also the chainrings covered the bolt for the front wedge eccentric – how did you get around this?

Tjagain – can still get to the eccentric bolt as using a direct mount ring on a race face aeffect crank then same setup on the rear but with a 3x spider on the same crank and then narrow wide rings. It’s tight and some foliage gets wedged in the gap but works really well.

Premier Icon schmiken
    Subscriber

@upshift – the stock brakes tend to heat up and fade rapidly when dragging the brake downhill to scrub speed, so a V brake just applies some drag force to slow us down as the wife can be a bit nervous. Works really well and isn’t indexed.

thecaptain

Here’s our Hase at Lydford castle a couple of days ago…

I heard they had low gears but didn’t realise they could literally climb walls πŸ™‚

upshift

@Schmiken – I figured as much. Not seen it before but makes perfect sense!

ontor

I heard they had low gears but didn’t realise they could literally climb walls

No idea why it’s displaying like that. Awesome toy though.

Another ECDM
    [img]https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5650/22025416096_cdc13b6ae8_c.jpg[/img]

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.