Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Show us your Superlights! And what fork 100 or 120mm?
  • JoeBones
    Free Member

Heres mine, a 2007 with a TALAS on her 120mm……….perfect.

JoeBones
    Free Member

Not all at once like!

plecostomus
    Free Member

with magura durin 100R

JoeBones
    Free Member

Sweet as

Terra

100mm Rebas but considering something longer.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Now got white Syncros 23 rims, and a white i-beam FX saddle on it, but I run the Revs between 100 and 120 – never more, just doesn’t warrant it.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Apologies for the low grade photo – it’s the first pic I’ve posted here. Will try harder next time. 😕

nukeproof
    Free Member

Dirty mare…

Andy

Joe bones – which Talas length range is that you are running? If its the 100-120-140 how do you get on with that?

Heres mine with 100mm Rebas

And again!

Rolls
    Free Member

Building mine up at the moment…
    Full XTR group set / brakes, Reba Race forks, thomson post / stem..
    Don’t know what wheels and bars to go for though…

shinsplints

Terra – that full breakfast in a roll for £2.50 sounds good !

gripper
    Free Member

Anyone running more than 100mm travel on an older superlight ? is it worth trying or will it upset the handling too much?

jimw
    Free Member

Could I ask what sizes people are running compared to their height- I am looking at buying a frame and I think an XL is best for me at 6’2″ – any helpful suggestions?

Andy

Mine is an XL, I’m 6’2″. Normally top tube is more important for me, but being a bit leggy I need a seat tube minimum of 20″ C-T and the large was only 19″ at the time. The XL is just right for me, which was a bit of a surprise.

Swapped forks to 120mm ones for a while. Have today just swapped back to 100mm rebas and will stick with them from now on. I think the bike suits them so much more for heads down blasts on Singletrack. I may be jey as well but I’m sure i can tell the difference the lighter fork makes!

JoeBones
    Free Member

I run the TALAS at 120mm, I had F32 100RLC but the nose was too low, felt like I was going to go over the bars. the Rebas are a no brainer, take the spacer out and they will go to 115mm, perfect at no cost.

I run my 100 Reba SL’s at 115mm on my Scandal, the Superlight climbs better though 🙂

JoeBones
    Free Member

Any other Superlights?

Here is mine on the summit of Mount Keen.

Phil
    http://www.scottishmountainbikeguides.com

shortcut

if it helps i am 6’2″ tall and am running a 19″ frame (large). It fits beautifully. If I were any taller though i would definately go with a xl.

jad
    Free Member

Just built with temporary shock:

Out where it’s meant to be:

I’m using a 130mm Revelation which is slightly outwith Santa Cruz’s recommendation. Once the sag’s set in, it’s fine and works well.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Here is my old girl with 120mm fox on

JoeBones
    Free Member

Brilliant Bikes

AndyP
    Free Member

Brilliant Bikes
    aye. not half as nice as when they had straight top tubes though…

JoeBones
    Free Member

Nonsense!

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

There will be one more in a week or two, I have just bought a frame second hand. It’s grey in large and will be running a 100mm Tora initially, this might change in the future if i have spare cash.

Can someone here have a read of my post about the bushes on a Superlight? How do you know when they should be replaced? Title: Pivot Bushes/Bearings on a Superlight

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

I had 100mm sids on mine but put the 120mm fox on took it to afan sunday & its so much better.

JoeBones
    Free Member

I had the same experienc with mine I ran a Fox F 32 RLC 100mm after fitting the TALAS and running it at 120mm it transformed the bike.

Sorry if I am repeating myself 🙂

bumbly1
    Free Member

Heres mine,in the French Alps this autumn also running 130 Revs and no problems. Some SC publicity material did suggest that 125 was fine.

JoeBones
    Free Member

A Superlight in the Alps 😯

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Whats up with that?

MrNutt
    Free Member

**** me The-milkybar-kid those are some lovely wheels! (they’ve got some in my LBS and I’m hypnotized by them ..must ..resist!)

xcstu
    Free Member
    xcstu
    Free Member

opps

zaskar
    Free Member

Nice frames!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Latest shot of the Superlight – just had a fantastic time on it today around Edale in the snow. Looking a bit cleaner here than it did earlier!

slowrider
    Free Member

my old man runs a 120mm qr15 float on his and has a fairly light build but nothing ridiculous; still uses 2.35 tyres, no carbon bits, hope brakes and his is 26.5lbs. its a great xc trail bike, really flatters his strengths-smooth, flowy, pedal all day type stuff.

my brother has an older one (my dads old one) and absolutely canes it. not sure how long it will last, he has taken it to the alps, snowdon etc and definitely pushes it to its limits; dented frame, stretched bb threads, new pivot bearings regulary etc. but he cant afford to replace it and with a short stem, too long fork and wide bars he has changd it in to a bit of a play bike anyway.

basically its a very versatile bike!

billy_barker
    Free Member

KT1973
    Free Member

Nice

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Show us your Superlights! And what fork 100 or 120mm?’ is closed to new replies.