Viewing 14 posts - 161 through 174 (of 174 total)
  • Show us your super bike (MTB)
  • phil56

m1kea – Member

phil56

Which Devinci is that?

I’ve been pleased with my Dexter but the lure of CF is always there.

seanthesheap – Member

@ phil56, what travel forks are you using? Thinking about one of those for myself.

It’s the Devinci Atlas Carbon. The forks are 140 travel Fox float 34 fit CTD. The rest of the spec is XX1 groupset, Sram Rise 60 carbon wheels, Avid four piston XO trail brakes, Reverb and mainly Loaded Components bars, stem etc.

Stevelol
    Free Member

A ‘superbike’ (HORRENDOUS term btw) can be a ‘superbike’ regardless of how old it is, that Scott Genius up there is amazing considering the spec and weight.

Some of those carbon singlespeed hardtails are winning it for me at the moment though 😀 They’re so incredibly fast looking.

flange
    Free Member

Ps: Flange is now winning IMO!

Huzzah!

(Just a shame I can’t ride it eh!)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    aracer
    Free Member

that Scott Genius up there is amazing considering the spec and weight.

Thanks!

As orangeboy says, that crank/BB setup is lighter than any mainstream outboard bearing setup available at the time – and actually still lighter than a current XTR double. I did consider putting some Claviculas on, but decided I really couldn’t justify them. Despite the poor reputation of ISIS I find the bearings in that last far longer than the Octalink I had before (and when they wear out you can just replace the bearings), all I read suggests that HT2 is even less durable, so I’m quite happy with my “obsolete” setup.

2×9 is all very well if you don’t need a low bottom gear – even with 2×10 I’d lose the bottom gear which I do regularly use.

njee20
    Free Member

Ooo, I used to lust after Claviculas! Must admit though they shot themselves in the foot somewhat by introducing a double with a 104mm BCD, so you had to run a 32t inner!

so I’m quite happy with my “obsolete” setup

a) You know I’m only kidding anyway as we’ve had plenty of ‘lightweight FS-offs’ over the years and b) not denying it’s a great set up, but it wasn’t ‘cutting edge’ 6 years ago.

This was what I was riding in 2007, weight was almost exactly the same as yours:

passtherizla
    Free Member

2×9 is all very well if you don’t need a low bottom gear – even with 2×10 I’d lose the bottom gear which I do regularly use.

eh? surely that just depends on what size rings you use on a 2 ring set up.

for example if I had a 44/32/24 and removed the 44 and replaced with say a bash guard, I have lost no Low gears.

aracer
    Free Member

it wasn’t ‘cutting edge’ 6 years ago.

Most of it was – and even those cranks were if you were bothered about weight (ignoring Claviculas). The cranks and brakes actually came off the previous build though, so are a bit older.

for example if I had a 44/32/24 and removed the 44 and replaced with say a bash guard, I have lost no Low gears.

In which case you’ve lost the high gears I also use regularly. I’m assuming nick was using a 42/29 double setup or something very similar.

njee20
    Free Member

On the Epic there it was just a 44/32 double. Then became a 42/30, then a 40/28 as I got more rubbish 🙁

The cranks and brakes actually came off the previous build though, so are a bit older.

Which was my sole point! It’s still among the lightest FS bikes on here after all!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I hate candodavid.

There was the other guy who posted up asking if he should sell his Covert or his Ibis. Bit like asking should I dump Scarlet Johansson or Rachel Weisz. STW should be ashamed of itself.

…initiating flounce

Will_Lockie
    Free Member

Better late than never 😉 May scrape in. It feels even better to ride since jedi taught me to jump it properly last week! Has a dropper post now too..

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Heres mine. Not exactly a superbike but i think it looks and rides great!

martinh
    Free Member

Seems to me the hardtail page so

Sam

Five pages in to a superbike thread and no tubulars…

giantx4
    Free Member

Oh yeah!

Viewing 14 posts - 161 through 174 (of 174 total)

The topic ‘Show us your super bike (MTB)’ is closed to new replies.