Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Show us your older road bikes….
  • RustySpanner

Ah, horizontal top tubes, nice straight lines, quill stems, jumpers for goalposts, rickets, diptheria etc…….

1996 Trek 1400:
    Pretty much only the frame remains original. 🙂

Weighs a ton & the most uncomfortable bike I’ve ever owned – bonded aluminium, no flex or give whatsoever. 😀
    Still love it though.

Not our garden, btw. 😛

Any more?

sharkattack

1996? I can beat you by about ten years there Sonny Jim…

Owned this for about five minutes. A car jumped through a give way line and left me for dead. Five days in hospital with a list of broken body parts dampened my enthusiasm for road riding somewhat.

maccruiskeen

I’ve got an early sixties Viking SS frame in the shed that I keep meaning to build up as something daft. Its suffered a lot of indignity in its former life, it has two different dropouts fitted – one vertical on the right and forward sliding one on the left- and someone has made space for a triple by belting the chain stay with a hammer. A lot.

So I’m not planning to go down the authentic renovation route.

DezB
    Free Member

My Coppi has just been retired. No pics of it, so have this instead.
    I know the whereabouts of the lovely lady (me mum) in the pic, but not the bike I’m holding 🙂

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Nice matching haircuts

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I dug out my old peugeot elan from my folks garage. I had it when I was about 15 or 16, I’m 40 now.

Cleaned it up, redished the rear wheel for a fixed cog, couple of rolls of bar tape and some new brake blocks.

rusty90
    Free Member

I used to have a Super Record equipped Merckx pretty much identical to this one. Sadly marriage, work and children meant it was sold. (Sobs nostalgically)

DezB
    Free Member

Nice matching haircuts

It was the only haircut available in 1975

Markie
    Free Member

MKM Dominator from 1977.

mattbee

My ’70’s LeJeune,not sure what steel but Campy dropouts and lovely cutaway bb shell. Mafac/Weinmann brakes and Simano 600 ‘Arabesque’ drivetrain.

Wife’s Zini. 80’s South African hand brazed 501 steel.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Show us your older road bikes….’ is closed to new replies.