Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Show us your clocks
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Following on from the very popular Watches n+1 thread, another opportunity to screen your horological curios.

My Bulova Willet’s clock is an adaptation of the art glass living room windows in the Prairie-style Ward W. Willits House, Highland Park, Illinois, 1902-03. Frank Lloyd Wright is recognized as one of the greatest architects of the twentieth century.

This is a big (350mm dia.) bold railway style clock by NexTime.Looks grand on my office wall. The second hand is a smooth non-hacker.

I realise clocks aren’t as popular as wristwatches but if you’ve got anything interesting, let’s have a look.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Edit. Misread the title. Apologies for the photo earlier*

qwerty
    Free Member

Whats da time……………. ?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2eWn3nU]2019-03-03_03-51-12[/url] by martinddd, on Flickr

Two ta one!

qwerty
    Free Member

Post CFH, but meh….

tthew

This is in our hall. It had lived at my Grandma’s house for years stopped, she thought it was broken. I had a bit of a tinker and got it going for her, then it came to live with us when she died. The chiming is loud and very worn, so we don’t wind that side.

Drac

derek_starship
    Free Member

Wow, a cockclock.
    I bet it’s not yours Drac!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Iv’e got an old marine timepiece made by John Harrison (whoever he is)
    I just use it as an egg timer.

bob_summers

I bet it’s not yours Drac

Nope, because his iPad tells the time perfectly

spooky_b329

This lives on my sideboard, I like quirky clocks. Currently in the garage waiting for a donor clock mechanism and the stand to be glued back on…

Drac

I bet it’s not yours Drac!

Mine’s much bigger.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I like the first clock in the thread… 👍

MrPottatoHead

I have one of these…

Clock Kit

Sadly it’s far too noisy.

regenesis
    Free Member

Clock

Oh.. you said clock….

Rockhopper
    Free Member

tomhoward

OP better hope 42 isn’t still lurking…

funkmasterp

Argh! Hateful things. I can’t sleep if there’s one in the house. Don’t know if it’s an actual condition, but I can hear them from anywhere in a house. If I’m staying over somewhere I have to hunt them down and remove the batteries.

Evil

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think of it more as a statement than a regular time piece, it’s a look deeper into the sole of the modern house

tjagain

esselgruntfuttock

Iv’e got an old marine timepiece made by John Harrison (whoever he is)
    I just use it as an egg timer.

Seriously? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harrison

there is a nice clock on the building over the river from my flat – thats the one I look at most. My parents have a Blakeway long case – made by my great great great grandfather.

avdave2

This time next year tj………

Rockhopper
    Free Member

😀

tthew

I like that one Rockhopper, very jolly/nautical.

Argh! Hateful things. I can’t sleep if there’s one in the house.

Really? There’s nothing more soothing than our wall clock up there ticking out it’s 1/2 second beat. I miss it if I try to get to sleep and I forgot to wind it.

Edit – sorry Rockhopper, I looked again and saw the RAF motif 😳. Is there a story behind that?

notlocal
    Free Member
    andy4d

I read🍆🍒 but you mean 🕰. Was nearly a totally different thread.

walleater

“OP better hope 42 isn’t still lurking…”

That’s a blast from the past….

Rockhopper
    Free Member

No story really, it’s a reproduction RAF sector clock as originals are silly expensive. That one wasn’t cheap either!

wwaswas

Mechanical tachymeter clock. No idea what vehicle it’s from and google’s been a bit of a blank to even establish that Zenith ever made commercial vehicle instruments or what for.

It makes a very satisfying ticking.

I had to turn the mechanical speedo drive at the back for *ages* to get it to 111 miles…

derek_starship
    Free Member

The reference to 42 has stumped me.
    Bodie was 37. Doyle was 45. The answer to life the universe and everything is 42 but I can’t see the link to a clock thread.

wwaswas

The reference to 42 has stumped me.

42 rather notoriously sent penis photo’s to a female STW poster. It was probably at least 10 years ago so he was way ahead of the social media curve in some ways.

derek_starship
    Free Member

A shower then?
    Thanks for clarifying. I think.

hedley
    Free Member

I’m in the process of (starting) to convert this to a clock but not 100% yet.

AFAIK it’ s the rudder angle indicator from a Russian Sub but I’m not sure. Big, heavy and made like something in Russia.

View post on imgur.com

slowoldman

it’s a look deeper into the sole of the modern house

Your house has feet? Well I suppose a clock has hands. I have one of those childish anticlockwise ones. It seems normal after all these years.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Hedley – errr where would you start?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

The writing on the submarine things says:

Left – on the stern
    Right- on the bow
    Middle- difference

njee20
    Free Member

Have an official Mondaine Swiss Railway clock in the kitchen, bought for £2 from a former employer when selling all the assets, I was chuffed!

Like this one:

verses

My local has this one

kayla1
    Free Member

It’s on my computer desk and I use it as a paperweight for the current month’s invoices.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Show us your clocks’ is closed to new replies.