• This topic has 68 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Show us your campervans
  • ElShalimo

Van conversions, coachbuilt, low profile, surf bus. Let’s see them all

Also interested in any with full size beds
    Thanks

mark90
    Free Member
    matt_outandabout

My dad has the smallest one going it seems, one of these…

PePPeR

You may as well go and Google lots of images with that wide a target.

What do you want it for, have you any other specific requirements to help narrow down your search?

Oh and if it was upto me I’d have a full sized bed, we have a 6 berth coach built with a rear lounge, which my other half wanted, but a full bed would be a lot better.

ElShalimo

Pepper – I’ve looked at a few van conversions like T5 but they’re very tight on space. I want a full sized bed (folding or fixed) and to not smack my head every 5 minutes. If I’m going to spend weeks in it it has to be comfy to live with. High roof is a must too

pictonroad

A campervan thread? I heard the call!

VW T4 Westfalia Exclusive by pictonroad, on Flickr

VW t$ Westfalia Exclusive by pictonroad, on Flickr

VW T4 Westfalia Exclusive by pictonroad, on Flickr

towzer

Just about to buy a Nuevo EK (I also like Vantage Sol but gf doesn’t …) on the grounds that it’s the smallest ‘full facilites’ (cooker, mwave, solar panel, usable loo with shower, double bed live in for 3 months) motorhome we can find to suit a couple.

Other suggestions Bessacar e410 (becomes 412 model), Swift 530 (ditto to 412), see also(smaller) Romahome and Nu Venture, Autocruise Rythmn Compact (5.41 long mwb van effectively), also some Renault Trafic hi roofs about, see also Murvi, Wildax, Shire, East Neuk Fifer, IH, Timberland, Vantage.

sandwicheater

pictonroad, that is all kinds of ace. You win the internet.

soma_rich
    Free Member

We have only had this a few weeks but love it! 95 Mazda Bongo auto free top.

nickjb
    Free Member

Here is my conversion: http://www.w19design.co.uk/delica-camper-conversion/ Its a bit more basic that the others posted but I can’t justify a dedicated camper. Usually its a work van, bike carrier, trailer tower, diying, daily driver car.

Gives us a full size bed and a load of stoarge but not much else inside.

Coleman awning, doubling up as curtains. Worked well to give us some space out of the rain for cooking and chilling.

Boat fits under the bed.

Gratuitous sunny camping pic

ElShalimo

Pictonroad – very very nice
    Towzer – thanks

IHN

As I’ve said before on ‘ere

Not got any pics of mine, but I have an Amdro T5 conversion that looks like this inside (well, not as clean as this. Really, really not as clean as this)

And bedified:

towzer
    pictonroad

As everyone knows, it’s not how you van, it’s how you accessorise:

West Wittering Camping May 13 by pictonroad, on Flickr

Just like Dad’s by pictonroad, on Flickr

Summer Break by pictonroad, on Flickr

ElShalimo

IHN – what are the bed dimensions?

marcus
    Free Member

Here’s the inside of ours

And the outside 😉

pictonroad

GET OUT.

IHN

ElShalimo – i’m 6’1″ and can lie flat out, and I reckon it’s 4′ wide. Certainly comfortable enough for me and her to sleep in it for six months.

ElShalimo

IHN – thanks, I’m about the same height.
    What type of roof do you have?

postierich
    Free Member

epicsteve
    Free Member

Here’s mine:

It has two large double beds – one over the garage at the back and a particularly huge over-cab. The garage can take a motorbike or 4 push bikes comfortably.

Drac

Postierich’s is still my favourite.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Postierich’s is still my favourite.

It’s definitely the coolest and my 18-year old son would love one.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

at Llyn Gwynant with awning

Loaded with boards & bikes

My lads inside, small but cosy

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

First van

Air cooled petrol eater !

Current van

Oil burner (diesel) 34 mpg !

Simon

Our Bongo, hardly ever use it to camp in these days because the kids are getting older and are busy at the weekends. Probably should get something more sensible but I think I’d miss it.

epicsteve
    Free Member

34mpg! Mine does about half that at motorway speeds! I can get low to mid 20’s if I drive it gently.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

epicsteve – Member
    34mpg! Mine does about half that at motorway speeds! I can get low to mid 20’s if I drive it gently.

Yes but you are driving a small city on wheels 😉

rewski
    Free Member

Not mine but these 1962 Saab camper vans were kind a cool

PePPeR

Ok I’ll succumb too,

This is our old custom built camper

This is our new Coachbuilt 6 berth based on an old Smiley face Transit with the engine that goes on for ever!

The new one is brilliant, but the old one was ours, if you know what I mean?

I wish we’d bought one with a garage underneath, and a fixed bed above as it would have made a much better biking camper! We have 2 seating areas which convert into two double beds and one over the cab huge bed area which the kids love sleeping on!

Fuel consumption on ours isn’t great 24Mpg, if you want better economy look at front wheel drive vans as they are generally much more economical.

IHN

IHN – thanks, I’m about the same height.
    What type of roof do you have?

Just the normal standard height van roof. Can’t stand up, but it doesn’t matter ‘cos everything can be done sitting/lying down.

sc-xc

sc-xc

…and this was my old one.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not got any decent pics of the old van but LWB Med High Transit

Bed raised up in the back with room for 6 bikes under it (front wheel off) bench seat for some comfort and all lined and insulated.

Coming from the basic principle that bikes on the outside of a van in a fail 😉

Not the best looking but very practical.

welshfarmer

My first land rover camper based on a Discovery commercial. Full size double but no room for a bike!

Latest incarnation is the red 110 which I have rebuilt from scratch. Fitted with a drop down single bed which takes up very little room when folded up. Plenty of room for 3 bikes with wheels on and you can even keep one bike inside with the bed in use. No downsides so far.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Another Bongonaut here.

Brilliant beast. 🙂

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

’95 T4 Westfalia. Part of the family now…

Marin
    Free Member

They are all lovely. If I could post a photo I’d show off with a double bed and 2 bikes in the t4 workaday van but yet to work out an easy way to do it.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

’73 Bay, Devon conversion solid top. 2.0l Subaru Legacy engine.

But mostly it looks like this:

It’s a love – hate relationship. I’ve just forked out 7.5k for a for prep and paint respray on top of 2.5k of welding (round two). I could have bought a nice 996 C4S for the money I have spent on it by now but I can never sell it.

matt_outandabout

That just put my car woes in perspective. £10k 😮

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Show us your campervans’ is closed to new replies.