Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)
  • Show us yer "Summer" road bikes
  • chowsh
    Free Member

Current summer bike but going transfer the bits to something a bit more comfortable and sell the frame.

plus-one

Davidtaylforth

Cheers I did have longer stem on but with curved seat tube and me all legs with short upper it was a stretch !! Fits and rides perfect now 🙂

Crashtestmonkey

I’m looking at set of 24mm carbon clinchers how do they ride ? I’m 11 stone so no heavyweight ..

I want light 🙂

tomhoward

I’m aware of the length of the head tube, the number of spacers and the compact with 11-28 cassette. And I don’t care.

The Fast one by tomhoward379, on Flickr

njee20
    Free Member

I’m looking at set of 24mm carbon clinchers how do they ride ? I’m 11 stone so no heavyweight

Go deeper! Unless you only ever ride in the hills. 38s are a good all rounder IMO. Mine are appreciably faster than ‘normal’ wheels.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Palmers Wilier is the best.
    Are summer road bikes allowed seat packs / saddle bags?

eshershore
    Free Member

@plus one

I run Shimano RS81 C24 (carbon /aluminium laminate) on my bike as my normal wheels (and reserve my deep section wheels for less windy days on flatter terrain).

picked up a new pair on-line for £300, its the non-series “ultegra” version of the expensive Dura Ace C24. I have a set of Vittoria Corsa G+ mounted to each wheelset so just a quick cassette change and brake reset to swap out the wheels.

excellent wheels for very little money. light (1500g), stiff, fast rolling and aluminium brake track so good in the wet!

alansd1980

I can’t get an image to lad.

Got the url from drop box, anyone give any suggestions?

atlaz
    Free Member

Needs new bars and the steerer is now shorter. Great bike and cheap too.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Here’s mine in its natural habitat. The bottom one:

JonEdwards
    Free Member

One of those bikes that’s continually wanting you to change up a gear.
    (steerer has been trimmed since this pic too)

TiRed

Not so much summer as only bike, but I’ve just moved some nice bits over to Teen2’s Aluxx Defy. If this is not THE most blinged Giant Defy 5 in the UK, then I don’t know what is! We are the same size… So it will be my wet Summer bike once I swap the pedals to my Looks 😆

Think it needs a few more Giant logos…

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Steel is real

plus-one

I’m running my far sports 38mm on my Retromod bike 🙂 lovely wheels and light at around 1350g but I’ve noticed the prices have crept up a fair bit 🙁

Was looking to spend £300 tops and get something lighter ..

Maybe another pair of 38’s is the way to go

ceepers

Genesis zero with 105 and shimano rs c24 wheelset

njee20
    Free Member

‘m running my far sports 38mm on my Retromod bike lovely wheels and light at around 1350g but I’ve noticed the prices have crept up a fair

I bought the rims only, which wasn’t too expensive. Topcashback on AliExpress too!

muddodger
    Free Member

Mine, only upgrade is the wheels which are Mavic SL.

njee20
    Free Member

Coloured hoods really should be banned.

nathb
    Free Member

Some really nice bikes!

I’m intrigued by yours @dingleberry!

Mine aren’t anything special:

Felt F95 – weekend & comfiest bike I’ve ever owned
    Planet X London Road – commuter & creakiest bike I’ve ever owned…(seat post :roll:)

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

I’m happy to report the steerer has been cut since the photo…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Let he with a correctly cut steerer tube cast the first stone….

😉

muddodger
    Free Member

Presume that was aimed at me?
    TBH hadn’t even noticed til you mentioned it, and I still don’t care 😀

njee20
    Free Member

et he with a correctly cut steerer tube cast the first stone

Touché! That was before I rode it. Now trimmed, saddle angle sorted too!

bob_summers

Let he with a correctly cut rear brake housing cast the first stone….

😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

umop3pisdn… gears?

dingleberry
    Free Member

I’m intrigued by yours @dingleberry!

HongFu FM079 with LB wheels. Couple of years old now and I still love it – A lot of bike for the money! Have some better photos somewhere…

I’m really liking the look of these Giants!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

THis has turned into top bantz! Nice to see some next level stuff in the form of a Pegoretti aswell

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

@mrblobby, I dabble

eshershore
    Free Member

Mrs Esher Shore loved her Propel so much, I got her a 2016 Giant TCR Advanced Pro frame set and did a custom build for her, using the wheels and groupset from her Ruby

eshershore
    Free Member

sorry…couldn’t resist putting up this fine example of a summer bike

seen locally in NW London…the mind boggles!

plus-one

That 2016 advanced pro looks lovely 8)

Jesus wept that poor propel 😆

MrSmith
    Free Member

THis has turned into top bantz! Nice to see some next level stuff in the form of a Pegoretti aswell

Can’t find a pic of mine, it’s currently on top of the wardrobe as I don’t have any wheels for it. Really need to get it built back up as although I have a very nice Chesini (also steel) I really want to ride my pegoretti this summer.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Seat packs are definitely WAY better than big bulging overhanging Fred whitton pockets to anybody moaning above.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

My Planet X SL, had it 5 years now. I was never mad keen on the looks, sloping top tube and compact frame never really sat right with my aesthetic eye. But it did build up into a really nice riding bike, very comfortable and it fits very well, this set up weighed in at 15.5lbs which I was ecstatic about. These threads always prompt me to look around for another bike or frame but I’m not sure how much I will benefit from getting something new.

theboatman
    Free Member

Clearance Scott with a bargain build, kids have ruined my bike collection…..

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I shouldn’t troll my own topic; but I think there’s quite a few on here who would benefit from getting themselves to the local community hall on a week night and starting a yoga class 😉

theboatman
    Free Member

Didn’t think I was doing too bad at 45!!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Aye; yours looks pretty good!

core

The nearest thing I’ve got, Kinesis Crosslight Pro2 from the classifieds last autumn, 37mm almost slicks, mtb spd’s back on now.

New brakes ordered (mini v’s) , want a non qr seat clamp too, that’ll do.

cheeezzy24
    Free Member

Seven Axiom SL. I try not to get it dirty.

chakaping
    Free Member

I know it’s not going to excite anyone, but I think my Defy is really really good…

Think my favourite looks-wise so far is that silvery Vitus.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Show us yer "Summer" road bikes’ is closed to new replies.