• This topic has 38 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Show Us Yer E-Bike
  • andykirk
    Free Member

Having realised the inevitability of me purchasing an MTB E-Bike at some stage in the future I thought I had better start the search for the least gopping machine. Also interested in conversions (I tend to think these look a lot better).

Any sex/ colour welcome.

kayak23

Well, I’ve succumbed too.
    Haven’t got it yet, but end of this month I’ll be on this.

Orbea Wild Fs H25

They’ve kind of spread like a tsunami in my riding group, almost overnight.

I’m pretty excited to be fair. Just hope I can take it somewhere rad soon. 😄

Unfortunately it’s meant that I’ve had to sell my lovely steel full suss.

ogden
    Free Member

Tracey

A few from last year, Turbo Levo 650b+ is the one that feels the best for me.

One on my Enduro just to even it out

colp

My Trek isn’t too gopping

oceanskipper

Focus Jarifa

doomanic

Gratuitous Rail shot;

Also interested in conversions (I tend to think these look a lot better).

Why? Is it because they don’t have a fat downtube for the battery?

doomanic
    uselesshippy
    Free Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKbq_CQBN5R/?igshid=1dnoghok6zs4
    Kenevo. The biggest dumbest thing I could get.

singlespeedstu

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iqEAfG]Bringewood fun.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2idqdzm]Caveman transport.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

andykirk
    Free Member

Jolly good! If people could post what the bike actually is where it is not obvious from the photo that would be nice.

Doomanic what is that?
    And to answer your query yes I think the massive downtubes generally spoil the proportions. Some are more attractive than others of course. I’m all for a bit of exposed mechanics!

doomanic

It’s a gratuitous shot of a Trek Rail. Or it’s a Forestal Syrion. Depends which post you are asking about.

The market has decided that the punters want eebs that look as much like non-eebs as possible so batteries are hidden in fat downtubes. Unless you make your own battery and manage to hide it in the frame yourself (it’s been done) a conversion is either going to have a battery where the waterbottle usually goes, or in the case of the majority of full sussers in a backpack…

There’s a guy on the emtb forum that’s made this;

It’s the nicest conversion I’ve ever seen but he did have to take a lump hammer to the frame to get it to fit…
    https://www.emtbforums.com/community/threads/bbshd-intense-951-hyper-e-bike.19718/

argee

The older i get the less i care about looks of the bike, you’re sat on it when riding, so fit and feel are number 1, looking pretty is for photos that are already plentiful on the internet.

I have the Giant E-Reign, it looks alright, the BB area is a bit of a mishmash and looks ugly, but i don’t tend to look at it often, it does the job and i’m happy enough.

When i want to see pretty i look at my normal bike, but it’s easier to look at as it’s ridden less often!

mboy
    Free Member

I’ve just had one of these arrive…

Swapped the tyres over already, and it’s off for a suspension upgrade @ Mojo on Friday, then will hopefully be out testing it on the Malverns over the weekend. 👍🏻

sharkattack

No one got one of those sexy polished Commencals yet?

konanige

I’ve got a lovely rocket red Levo SL, its ace! I’m not gonna show you pictures cos you’ll want my precious (and I’m too thick to make pictures work on this Forum).

mboy
    Free Member

I looked, but the price started off very high before we actually left the EU, and got 15% more expensive overnight as we left! Sadly I know a few Commencal dealers that have had to drop the brand, as there’s no margin left in the bikes for them to make a workable profit once they’ve had to pay the extra duty due to import them into the UK now…

wzzzz
    Free Member

There’s a guy on the emtb forum that’s made this;

It’s the nicest conversion I’ve ever seen but he did have to take a lump hammer to the frame to get it to fit…
    https://www.emtbforums.com/community/threads/bbshd-intense-951-hyper-e-bike.19718/

I stopped taking it seriously at:

– comfort gel seat and gel grips

julians
    Free Member

I stopped taking it seriously at:

– comfort gel seat and gel grips

it is an odd combo, especially the slick tyres and neoprene covering the shock and fork, built in lights etc , but the bloke that build it seems to use it for commuting fairly long distances as opposed to what you might normally use a downhill bike for.

I think its a great conversion – really slick and obviously does what the owner wants it to do.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

They look great. But they are bloody expensive.

And whilst I really like the Shimano (and Specialized) integration, having ridden an E7/8000 & EP8, I wouldn’t pick one over the new Bosch motor & battery.

The E8000 can rinse a 540Wh battery on boost in an hour. Boost is comparable to Tour on Bosch, which had over 50% battery in comparison (and a whole extra level of power on top).

I’m fortunate that I can get Treks very cheap so i’ll stick with my Rail (and hope they come out with a better interface). 🙂

slowbloke
    Free Member

Go on then – Kona Remote 160 but most of its components have been upgraded. It’s great but I wouldn’t be without my other bikes as I much prefer something lighter and more playful – the remote just blasts through everything.

Kona Remote 160

dyna-ti

Lovely bikes, and after a google on the Forestal though i’d look if they or others were doing frame only and it appears some now are.
    Cheap bankrupt bikes basic HT for 99.99 or sigma sports trek powerfly for £2100(with RS shock).

speedstar

Just bought a whyte e-150 rs! Woop! Just came here to say this.

CheesybeanZ

Just bought a whyte e-150 rs! Woop! Just came here to say this.

That’s what I’m leaning towards.

doomanic

I’m pretty sure that Powerfly frame takes the Gen 2 Bosch motor, not the Gen 4. Either way, you’ll struggle to buy a motor since Holland Bike Shop stopped selling them.

chiefgrooveguru

I would post a pic but:

A: I’m not sure how to and
    2. It looks like another bloody Levo

And more importantly, it might not be as pretty as a normal bike but you don’t see that when you’re riding it and when you get off it and look at it you just think how much fun it is.

christophert21
    Free Member

my orbea rise m10 with upgrades

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

The E8000 can rinse a 540Wh battery on boost in an hour. Boost is comparable to Tour on Bosch, which had over 50% battery in comparison (and a whole extra level of power on top).

How does a 250w motor drain a 504wh battery in 1 hour? This seems wrong. Is it broken or worn out?

doomanic

250W is nominal not maximum. I flattened the 500Wh battery on my old Powerfly in 9.9 miles once. Took me 65 minutes. Turbo up the steepest climb, ride back down, rinse and repeat.

kayak23

Nice Rise Christophert21 👌
    Was tempted by one of those but thought maybe not burly enough for my riding so am going with the Wild fs.

How are you finding it?

chiefgrooveguru

Useful info (or not) regarding the Levo. For some reason the geometry chart is all in the high flipchip setting with little mention of the default with 29” wheels being low. Stick a 160mm fork on as well (suits it better than 150) and you get a 65 deg HA, which works very well in all scenarios (don’t underestimate the added stability from the battery and motor mass).

And the standard shock is a 210×52.5 giving 150mm rear travel. Remove the internal 2.5mm spacer and it becomes a 210×55 with 157mm rear travel.

Jamze

I didn’t pay too much attention to the gopping requirement 🙂 Was more about using a shop I knew and what they stocked. E-160 for me. Been spot on so far.

jkomo

Pointless post removed

pickle
    Free Member

Ordered one of these in January, hoping it arrives by June.

Marin E2

Well y attempt at adding a picture completely failed, but I have ordered a Marin E2

kayak23

Well y attempt at adding a picture completely failed, but I have ordered a Marin E2

One of these?

rickmeister

Fantic Fat Sport Integra from the nice people at Fantic in Italy… Upgraded with carbon wheels, tubeless, better brakes and a rigid carbon fork…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kKdccd]Fantic[/url] by Ihr zwei, on Flickr

pickle
    Free Member

@kayak23 Yes one of those, many thanks for posting 🙂

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Faves

One of the best bike purchases we’ve made, coming up to 2,500 miles on it now.

iainc

I have 2, MTB and road 🙂

levo

tm-HRMtu-g-Rdf-Zo-Zkz-Qr8xv-Sfsm7gmm008g7o-IEQh7-S4-2048x1536

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Show Us Yer E-Bike’ is closed to new replies.