Show off your Bikes with Rockshox Sektors please…

Home Forum Bike Forum Show off your Bikes with Rockshox Sektors please…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Show off your Bikes with Rockshox Sektors please…
  • patriotpro

Just ordered some so installation experiences would be appreciated too pls.

Thanks guys n gals 🙂

I found the crown race a tight fit. A kindly STWer gave me a top tip – hold the race in some pliers and heat it with a lighter to make it slightly bigger, then drop it on the steerer. Slide the stem over the steerer and use it to tap the race flush against the crown with a mallet.

When you saw off the steerer, think very carefully about leaving a little excess in case you want to sell it on to someone with a taller headtube.

I also had problems fitting the star nut which I did using an old handlebar and mallet, breaking the first one. The second one went in OK.

The fork works well, being very active, perhaps slightly hyperactive which folk complain about. But the high speed compression/lockout and rebound adjusters do actually have a useful range of settings.

Have fun!

float

i didnt have a problem with the crown race, mine was a split one so just slid on with finger pressure.

got a gravity dropper on there now, and yes, i will get round to lopping some of the stearer off at some point 😳

MoseyMTB

There you go, mine are the 100-140 Coil u-turn with a firm spring fitted.

Great forks.

snakebite

Had Sektor RL’s on the BFE for a few weeks, bit too ‘active’..

Now have Lyriks, also coil and I’m much happier….. 8)

nicksar

Here’s mine
    Photo 19-08-2011 20 06 00 by NJF70, on Flickr

patriotpro

Cheers muckers – should get mine next week to fit to a Pitch Pro – can’t wait to bang ell out of em…

Will post a pic up once fitted – replacing Pikes so got some work to do:)
    Cheers again;)

Nice rides btw

jambon

Nicksar – what is that frame?

Nicksar – what is that frame?

It looks shagged

jambon

It looks shagged

Coyly smoking a cigarette with glowing cheeks?

Huwzy

Mine had to go back to Sram 3 times with a faulty lockout, sorted now and happy with the fork but was pissed off when the lockout stopped working after 200meters of tarmac riding after the second time they were fixed.

Andituk

Giant Trance X2 by 555Andi, on Flickr

150mm Air version.

nicksar

Jambon it’s a KHS XCT 536

renton

Here is my pitch with the standard sektors it came with ……….

eventually going to replace with with something else as they have no lock out etc and are quite bouncy and yet i cant get full travel from them either??

wors

Andituk, whats the trance like with 150s?

No pics at the moment but have them on my blue pig, they do the job well. I’d definitely buy them again.

Premier Icon proutster
    Subscriber

Here’s my Trance X4 with Sektor Coil U-Turns (110-150mm, 15mm maxle)

Great for climbing on 110mm and superb for descending on 150mm!!

Since this photo it’s now got a Reverb 2012 post and some XT pedals – must stop spending…

Jamie

Old bike:

Premier Icon cardo
    Subscriber

This was it’s first ride… I have Coil Sektors and have found them to be just right..first time using Rockshox. I did end up using a HOPE head Doctor as the Star fangled nut thingy wouldn’t tighten enough and constantly had play in the headset.. Otherwise spot on

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Show off your Bikes with Rockshox Sektors please…’ is closed to new replies.