Show me/tell me about your Rose cyclocross

Home Forum Bike Forum Show me/tell me about your Rose cyclocross

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Show me/tell me about your Rose cyclocross
  • Premier Icon ahsat
    Subscriber

Quite seriously considering a Rose Pro DX 3000. However, there are very few reviews of them. After some searching I know some people on here seem to have bought Rose cyclocross. How do you find them? Want something for 3 hour winter road/off road hacks, not racing, but still relatively light.

Cheers

Conqueror

main difference of the ROSE PRO DX CROSS-3000 2014 over the ROSE PRO DX CROSS-2000 2014 seems to be 200 grams and a couple Ultega bits…

not sure that it is worth the extra 250 quid the 3000 commands over the 2000 model…

both look good though

Premier Icon ahsat
    Subscriber

Its a fair point. Slightly fell for the Mavic rims on the 3000 though.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

I have the DX 4400. Like it a lot. I don’t race it – I bought it as a road-capable bike that was rugged enough to eat up rough bridleways etc. did a three day tour in the highlands on it and kept up with my roadie mates on that (and mashed them on the big climbs thanks to a WiFLi deral and wide cassette).

Anything specific you want to know?

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

By the way, Fin at Rose UK currently had a bunch of ex-demo bikes for sale, including a 57cm DX 4400 for £850.
    https://www.facebook.com/rosebikesuk/posts/656776054372733:0

Also, if you do decide to buy a Rose make sure you sign up for their loyalty card first as a bike earns you about 30 euros worth of reward cash.

Premier Icon ahsat
    Subscriber

GrahamS – thanks very much for the advice. Unfortunately that bike is going to be too large but great bargin for someone.

I saw your Scotland route on a search I did. Great ride – I’ve driven all of that area. Some pretty bumpy roads. How do you find the forks for vibration? Is the bike reasonably light? I guess so if you were beating the roadies.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

I’m new to road riding so not got anything to compare it to really, other than my test rides of others bikes.

Forks seem fine. And yeah it’s a “light enough” bike. Not super-carbon-race-light but then that’s not its role. Off the shelf weight is lighter than my mates Specialized Allez.

I guess so if you were beating the roadies.

I only had them on the hills due to superior gearage! I got nailed on the flatter bits, but that was due to man not machine!

Premier Icon ahsat
    Subscriber

Thanks Graham. I have emailed them to ask a few details re the 3000 and see if they will do a saddle swap for me – that isn’t such a woman friendly saddle!!

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

They are very amenable to switching stuff out. If you use “The Configurator” on the website you can spec most things yourself as they build each bike to order.

Premier Icon ahsat
    Subscriber

Ordered the 3000 😀

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

Nice. Report back with how you get on with it. As you found there aren’t many reviews (in English) for Rose stuff.

Premier Icon ahsat
    Subscriber

Certainly will, especially if it can help someone else out. Now can’t wait for it to arrive. 3-5 weeks is going to seem ages. Head was turned by a Focus at the last moment but happy with decision.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Show me/tell me about your Rose cyclocross’ is closed to new replies.