Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Show me your…..Cotic BFe's!
  • Vortexracing

Is the red/orange of those BFe's the same as the new Soul colour?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Croc / Chucky – How are the Lyrik U-turns on the BFe?

Toying between saving for these or Fox Float / Vans (although I like the idea of adjustable travel albeit internal)

Vortexracing

Not tried to run it at 160mm all the time, TBH I would think it would be a bit much for the everyday sort of riding. The U turn (or any adjustable fork) make it much more versatile. It climbs well at the lower height and is very, very good when they are fully wound out.

Hora has some new ones for sale I believe for about £400.

The adjustable 'on the fly' travel is the reason I went for the Lyriks and sold my Zocchi 66sl's.

crocodilian
    Free Member

Same as Chucky really, regarding the Lyriks. I have ridden them around all day at 160mm and it isn't too bad, a bit unnecessary obviously, but when you don't want to stop to wind them in a bit or the terrain is too scetchy too adjust on the fly, then it's ok. You get used to it quite quickly.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Sounds good and when I get my BFe fram may be the ones to go for. No reliabilty problems as I've seen a few posts about problems but think this is more to do with air springs.

crocodilian
    Free Member

They're just so smooth straight out of the box, minimal fuss. I have a pair of 2-Steps that performed in a similar smooth fashion…apart from the 2-step system itself, which is utter pants and didn't work after about 1 month. I was stuck with 160mm permanently which is why I'm quite used to running 160mm all the time!

Vortexracing

Mine took a few rides to loosen up but now they are great.

I have revs and pikes on my other bikes and they have been flawless, that was one reason for going with Rockshox again.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Hmmm… shame Hora's are sold not that I can really afford £400 ontop of a frame at the moment 🙁

Vortexracing

Bushwacked, I would have though a 2nd hand pair of Lyriks would be cheaper than some fox 36's. I'm assuming the floats/vans are 36's you are referring to

Wookster

After fork for a Bfe build but was thinking of some revs maybe not sure about the 36's for a trail bike 160 is big, will it not handle like a battle hovercraft on the tight stuff?

Vortexracing

I'm lucky enough to have a Soul with Pikes on so my BFe is a play bike (although it gets used a lot lately). I think 140mm bolt through would be ideal for the BFe as a everyday bike. Revs would be great

Wookster

Thanks Chucky did think about some talas 36's but the revs are 150 now so I'll go with those not enough Gnarl for 36's bt they would be good for the alps on the five…… 8)

Vortexracing

I've got those Rev teams on my Ventana and they are a great fork. Just as good as my Pushed Pike, but 3/4 lbs lighter. 😆

you won't be dissapointed

Wookster

Legend Been a fox buyer on the last two bikes but my mate has these revs and they have been good so I'll take the jump tomorrow! 😆 Thanks for the info mate!!

Vortexracing

Any time.
    What revs are you going for?

Race, teams, dual air or u turns?

Wookster

These mate like yours I think?

Vortexracing

try here

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/marzocchi-and-rockshox-suspension-forks/rockshox-suspension-forks/rockshox-revelation-team-dual-air-maxle-lite.html

they are £478 this week, plus the u-turns (which i have) are also the same price.

or even here

http://s233299868.e-shop.info/shop/article_RS319050/RockShox-Revelation-Team-Dual-Air-150-White_Red.html?pse=coa

at £455

U turn is ideal and works well on the frame for those steep climbs

Wookster

Ah legend didint read the text I am afetr the u truns for sure as my old Pike 454's ( should never have sold those) were u turn and excellent. Brill will give merlin a shout 2moror I reckon! Thansk for the head up mate!

Vortexracing

no probs

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Show me your…..Cotic BFe's!’ is closed to new replies.