Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Show me your…..Cotic BFe's!
  • crocodilian
    Free Member

There you go….

freeform5spot
    Free Member

what size is that?
    mine is on order – cant wait!
    HURRY UP!!!!!!

Spey-Stout
    Free Member

crocodilian
    Free Member

It's a medium, freeform5spot. Awesome fun too may I add.

freeform5spot
    Free Member

went for large in the end (I am 6'3") and its going to be my do-it-all.

like a lot of other at the mo I am switching from FS (Turner 5 spot DW) to hard tail to get back in touch with the trail and get skills back!

Was going to go the Soul route but plumbed for this as I am quite heavy and I like running big forks.

how does it ride mate?

2tyred

That orange one up there's magic-looking!

crocodilian
    Free Member

freeform5spot, you're doing the same as me. I have a Trek Remedy but just fancied a change to hardtail. Downhill, so far, it seems very sure-footed and with the saddle down it really hugs the corners, I think the lower bb height compared to the Remedy helps this too. I live close to Aston Hill and once my shoulder has healed a bit more I'll take it for a spin down their trails. Uphill is fine too and not a big effort as I've read they can be. Also, as far as forks go, I highly recommend the Lyrik U-Turns, they were just so right as soon as I plumbed them in. Hope you enjoy yours when it gets here!

crocodilian
    Free Member

Cheers 2tyred. So far it's a great bike.

shellac
    Free Member

That orange one is ace, also waiting for mine… only a couple of weeks to go! Considered some lyrics but ended up with some 36s. Cannot wait. Like yourself I dont really care how it goes up, it should be fine with that geometry, Ive had a Soul for years and thats great uphill. Just a tad more weight now……

Anyway, lovely bike mate. Lets hope the blue looks as good as that orange!

freeform5spot
    Free Member

wish they still did the orange as this years colour!

crocodilian
    Free Member

They only made 5 small and 5 medium in that orange and I think they made them towards the end of the previous batch, so maybe they'll release an orange again at some point??
    Are you going for bright blue or gritstone?

kelvin

I want a blue one, with 36s. <dream>

crocodilian
    Free Member

Will you become "freeformBFe"?

shellac
    Free Member

Kelvin…

So do I!

I had to clear a LOT of bikes out to get that past the better half, not to mention DIY…..

Can't wait.

tails
    Free Member

Heres mine I got the frame second hand but its good condition. Does feel a bit small for me, more so than a 16" chameleon.

Vortexracing

here is mine, recent purchase (2nd hand off here) new forks though.

not the most suited wheel/tyre combo, but did the job over the weekend.

normally will have 5.1 rims and High Rollers on.

as per here

speshstumpyworks
    Free Member

Interested in the sizing aspect of the frame as I had a large cove stifee and considered going for a medium bfe at 6'2" as I wanted to get away from the large xc type sizing and am looking for a more alpine style ride.
    As for being heavy freeform5spot I rode my cove at 142KG and am now a more svelte though still chunky 98KG and all in six months or riding and training myself not to eat pies.
    What height are you crocodillian and can you explain the monster long post on the rig?

cameron

freeform5spot
    Free Member

spoke to cy about sizing. large is the way forward for what I want it for. if i was just for gravity assisted hooning only the medium all the way!

Vortexracing

surely there are more about than just ours?

GavinB

Will post some of mine up later. Medium as it as before they came in large, and also because I bought it off a mate the same height, so knew it would work for what I wanted it for – hooning, but still capable of big rides. Did some big (40 – 60 mile) loops around the Lakes last summer on it. Such a fun bike. 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yeh, Ive got an orange one in medium. Im 6foot2 and I have to run alot of seatpost to get a good pedalling height, although i keep it within the limits. I wouldnt want a bigger one for doing jumps and that on, if anything a smaller one would be better.

No pics but I might take one when i get home tonight!

GavinB

Needing a bit of a clean..

And nearing the final climb of a mega loop around Conniston/Walna Scar last summer

crocodilian
    Free Member

What height are you crocodillian and can you explain the monster long post on the rig?

I'm about 6'2"/6'3" and the post is actually well within it's limits although obviously it does look frakishly high! Also, that was the first time I took it out and I adjusted it down a bit after the pic.

I'm liking the other BFe's I'm seeing here but Chucky's right, there must be more!

RVMushman

Can't wait for my BFe to arrive.. sometime next week! 😀 Can i ask what seatposts people are putting on their's

Size wise i'm 6ft and ( after much head scratchin') i've gone for the medium.

Nice pics.. Keep em comin…

I_Ache
    Free Member

How do BFe's run with Pikes? or does everybody just stick the biggest forks they can on them?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

they probably work fine with pikes, I'd quite like some to see what its like at 100mm of travel.

Big forks are pretty much a waste of time unless your just downhilling in the alps.

trusz
    Free Member

I've run pikes on mine since I got it about 2 years ago. I think they're great but I'd like to swap them out for some revelations now and lighten the build to refine it a little now that I've just built a Tracer with 36 TALAS' for smashing through stuff

Vortexracing

Having got pikes on my soul, i think they would be perfect for an everyday bike.

JonEdwards off here has run them both with Pikes and big zocchis.

he may be on later to give his two penneth worth

mine will have the pikes on it when I change the Soul to rigid for Winter.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

JonEdwards off here has run them both with Pikes and big zocchis.

I bought his 'big zocchis' a few weeks ago. Havent bothered fitting them yet but I plan on using them in the Alps this summer.

allthegearandnoidea
    Free Member

Nice to see her built up and looking happy Chucky. Hope she's more suited to you than she was to me!

Little known fact about your Bfe is it was actually my wedding car!! It also made it to the park where I had my reception where I proceded to fall off a log on it!

crocodilian
    Free Member

Hope she's more suited to you than she was to me!

What didn't you like about it?

Vortexracing

If i'd have known it had such a distinguished history I would not have ragged the arse off it.

I proceded to fall off a log on it!

did any photos of this incident find their way into the wedding album?

and yip it's more suited to what i wanted, just wish my riding could reach a level were I could do it justice 😳

roughneck
    Free Member

How much dose she weigh crocodilian. I might have to trade in the Chameleon in.

crocodilian
    Free Member

I'm not sure, it isn't that light being a steel frame with coil forks. I'll stick it on the bathroom scales when I get home for an idea, won't be very accurate though obviously! I'm thinking it must be around the 30lb mark.

Vortexracing

Mine with coil Lyriks, DT5.1's with 2.35 high rollers (tubeless) and SLX stuff weighs 29.75lbs.

It's a small BTW

allthegearandnoidea
    Free Member

Err yes there is a photo. How do I post it up on here?

superfastjellyfish
    Free Member

Changed a couple of things since then, I bent the Easton seatpost so have replaced with a Thomson elite and changed the 2.35 ITS 909 FRO lights for some lower volume 2.35 High rollers as there was little chainstay clearance and they caused massive drag, awesomely grippy on the downs though (:

freeform5spot
    Free Member

I join the BFe family in a week or so.

phoned up and paid for my pre-order frame today!

yeeeeeeeeeeeehahahahahaha!

Vortexracing

allthegearandnoidea load it on a site like flickr or mail it to me and I will put it on my flickr site

swisstony
    Free Member

Here's mine

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Show me your…..Cotic BFe's!’ is closed to new replies.