• This topic has 116 replies, 85 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by hora.
Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • Show me your watch!
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

I only wear a watch at work now (£10 Casio), I’d rather waste my money on my bikes than wrist jewelery 🙂

edd

Only GBP 25.50 from duty free…

vinnyeh

Hamilton Military Chronograph- issued in 1970, RAF.

Slacks
    Free Member

My dad gave me this as a birthday present. He bought it when he was 21 in the forces. Where do people get there seamasters serviced as it needs some work?

Slacks
    Free Member
    brant
    Free Member

I’ve got my eye on one of these for when my boat comes in. But the wife think’s it’s minging.

Slacks
    Free Member

Errm

Wheres preview gone?

tarka_the_rotter
    Free Member

Early 90s Tag Formula One. It was a present for my 21st – just a couple of weeks 16 years ago. It’s been worn daily, had five straps and I love it.
    My mother was appalled that I could spend (relatively, compared to some of the ones on here) such a lot of money on a plastic watch!

So it has only really cost a tenner a year or so – dead cheap really 🙂

Michael-B
    Free Member

I’m with Brant and not just because I have a Pompino. This is my bit of bling love it!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

So far, apart from geetee1972’s IWC, it’s the cheapo watches that are winning, on the style front!

Just my opinion, but some of the bulky spensive ones are awful. Really vulgar.

A mate’s dad, who has a lot of money, has one of those simple cheap Casios like Fozzie posted. He bought it in an airport because he needed a watch, and loved it. He now has it on a spensive leather strap that cost several times more than the watch!

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Slacks
    Free Member

Slacks
    Free Member

Can anyone else see that?

twohats
    Free Member

What?

brant
    Free Member

Can anyone else see that?

Yes

Flaperon

Seiko Flightmaster. Best watch I’ve owned. Come to think of it though, I’ve only used the slide rule on it once.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Slacks

Nice watch. You can get it serviced by Omega. I suspect it would cost a bit though.

Slacks
    Free Member

Oh dear. Just spoke to Omega prompted by this discussion. If its under 40 years old its £170 to £330 for a service.

If its over 40 years old (probably is, if my math works) then it gets sent to a swiss lab. Over £1000. Ouch.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Mine with new silicon strap bits which I’ve just got as a pressie after not wearing it for over a year! Like is lots but jus waiting for capacitor thingy to go and cost £50+ for upgrade. That wasn’t in my thinking when I bought it 🙁

matthewjb
    Free Member

If its over 40 years old (probably is, if my math works) then it gets sent to a swiss lab. Over £1000. Ouch.

Blimey.

It may be worth trying to find a cheaper UK based alternative.

How about asking on TZ-UK?

Someone there may be able to make a recommendation.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I have a 1928 omega. Looks like I’m not getting it serviced then! Loses about 2 minutes an hour, which gives it charcter in my opinion. Don’t wear it very often as it’s obviously a bit delicate. Got given cash from my mates for my 30th so wanted something a bit different.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

I would show mine – a gift from my grandfather – but I believe it’s still up my dad’s ass, hidden from the guards of the Vietnamese prison camp in which he is currently residing.

Maybe next year, eh?

luke
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these:

raddaz
    Free Member

here’s mine, a precista prs-17-c. Hand made by a bloke in sheffield.

alwyn
    Free Member

Looks a lot better in real life.

twohats
    Free Member

A question.

Why, when you see watches in manufactures advertisements, are the arms always in the 10 past 10 position?

santacruzsi
    Free Member

and one of these…but the Seamaster is my fave. The top one is a Tag Indy 500.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Ah shit. I cant post photos. I followed the “help” section on here about posting photos too.

I have a Tag Heuer Indy 500 and an Omega Seamaster. Omega is my fave.

rOcKeTdOg
    nickb

Just bought one of these today:

Got one of these too – it has a fantastic mechanical alarm that sounds like a school bell!

Planned as hand-me-downs for my 21 month old boy and boy number 2, expected in the next day or so!
    Nick

billyboulders
    Free Member

Twohats – when I did my jewellers apprentiship I was told that is the traditional way to display a watch as the hour hand, being shorter, balances the look of the larger numbers (ie the 10 and 11, or even X and XI if the dial has numerals) and the “V” shape of the hands frames the makers name. Although fewer watches have traditional dials now it seems to have stuck.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Honestly, you might as well hang a smelly cock off your wrist. Watches are such bollocks!

loddrik
    Free Member

And you are a tit….

matthewjb
    Free Member

Nickb

Very nice. Especially the JLC

twohats
    Free Member

Cheers billyboulders, I did always wonder and now I know!

hora
    Free Member

tarka the rotter and redthunder win. I’ve got my 91 F1 on the table here- keep meaning to send it off to fix. Don’t care if it did cost a 100quid to sort out. Thing is, at the time the face seemed ‘large’. Now it looks sooo diddy compared to modern mens watches!

redtunder, love that watch – so simple yet so stated. Where can I pick up one? Whats it called?

I also recently found a mint G-Shock that I bought 10yrs ago. New battery then ready to go. Other than that my faithful Suunto S3 (on its third stgrap)- I can’t do fancy watches. I BREAK them 😥

Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Show me your watch!’ is closed to new replies.