• This topic has 116 replies, 85 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)
  • Show me your watch!
  • AB
    Free Member

Looking for some inspiration for my 30th birthday present.

Pics please.

Harry_the_Spider

Worn it everyday for 7 years and not a mark on the face yet.

Servicing costs are a bit high though.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Got this in the US about 18 months ago, worked out £30 with the exchange rate!

loddrik
    Free Member

and the one I sold that I really wish I hadn’t!!!

matthewjb
    Free Member

and

MaxWall
    Free Member

Got one of these for my 30th, 6 years ago, been faultless, and not battery costs!!

ourmaninthenorth

loddrik – you’re right, you shouldn’t have sold that Panerai….

Today, I am wearing this because I’m going out on a training ride tonight (not my wrist):

IWH
    Free Member

Did have one of these until not that long ago. Serial #00287 if anyone is offered one without papers & box 🙁

clubber
    Free Member

I have one of these though it was down to £85 when I got it.

No problems with it.

willyboy
    Free Member
    RudeBoy
    Free Member

TBH, this is my fave design; simple, clean, functional.

Pity Swatch watches are in such cheap placcy casings, as the timekeeping is superb.

BoardinBob

atlaz
    Free Member

Got it (well something very very similar, can’t find a pic of mine) 14 years ago. It’s only needed new straps and batteries in that time.

surfer
    Free Member

surfer
    Free Member

aP
    Free Member

nicko74

Great minds and all that. I’m suffering my 30th this year, so thought I might get myself a decent watch. I’m probably after a self-winder or similar. Will keep an eye on this topic…. 🙂

IHN

Second hand is slightly different, but it’s near enough

some right lovely watches here

chakaping
    Free Member

Some of your watches look very expensive, so I’m surprised none of them are telling the right time.

DezB
    Free Member

Had it for yonks, not a mark on the glass, though all around it is scratched to buggery from the misuse it’s had.
    Will buy another when it dies.
    Obviously not one for the watch snobs, but I don’t understand that kind of thing.
    (Mine has a green face)

They show 10:10 as it looks like a smile, apparently.

l45key
    Free Member

Omega Seamaster for me as well, bit common but faultless.

chakaping
    Free Member

This should be arriving for me tomorrow btw…

matthewjb
    Free Member

Omega Seamaster for me as well, bit common but faultless.

And a classic. I wouldn’t mind one of those.

devs
    Free Member

clunker

Snigletrack
    Free Member

Mine’s exactly the same as this except the date says ’27’.
    It’s the watch James Bond really wore.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Had one of these for 4 or 5 years now. Never gone wrong, lost/gained time and survived all the crashes I’ve thrown at it 😀

Potdog
    Free Member

Got one very much like this but in gold and with a tan calf skin strap for my 30th which was 12 years ago now! My how time flies.

Then got one of these for myself at christmas. Wear this more often now as I tend to wear the straps out quite rapidly on the “dress” watch.

leftyboy
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Always like them Rado ones; are they not made out of the same type of stuff, as the heat-resistant ceramic tiles on the base of a Space-Shuttle? Coool..

geetee1972
    Free Member

Easy to read dial but a little heavy

Can’t believe no one had done this already.

My now wife actually bought me one of these as an engagement present. Really rather lovely of her I thought:

twohats
    Free Member

MrOvershoot

Feels left out as I don’t even own a watch!
    Because we can’t wear one at work I have got out of the habit of wearing one so when my original Animal watch died I never thought to replace it.

Must admit I like the second one geetee1972 has just posted up 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

Thanks Overshoot. It’s lovely and I’m a very lucky boy.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Hmm, geetee1972; now that is a lovely watch. Simple, understated and refined looking. Love the blue hands, too. Tiny bit of colour really sets it off.

Where it is I can get from, one?

trailmonkey

Sporting a few scratches on the strap and casing now after multiple granite interfaces but the glass is miraculously scratchless. Sapphire crystal I believe. Had it just over a year and it hasn’t missed a beat.

JB
    Free Member

My 40th birthday present to myself!!!

ourkidsam
    Free Member

The Storm Obligator

From storm’s website: Wear a uniquely–designed timepiece that’s sure to have people asking, “Oh, my goodness, what is that?”

More like “what the f*ck have you got on your wrist?!”, as it’s absolutely huge, and my skinny girls wrists make it look even bigger. Currently it’s detatched it’s second hand which is rattling around in the case, and the thermometer hasn’t worked properly from day one.

Still, I love it, it was a present from someone very special and I will send it back to storm soon for some TLC.

And oh yeah – it’s titanium 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Show me your watch!’ is closed to new replies.