• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by GJP.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Show me your Ti road bikes, please
  • bol

I’ve taken the plunge (thanks Bigdugbaws), and my Planet X Sportive will be with me later this week. Please help me deal with the anticipation, and get a few ideas for some unnecessary but compelling upgrades. Cheers.

marty_mayhem
    Free Member

Not got picture to hand at moment but I’ve had the planet x ti pro for a year now and it is fab. The quality of the frame finish for the dosh is fantastic. Smooth welds and very nice to ride. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed! If I had the money I would hook it up with a set of mavic or zipp carbon wheels however I’m told the planet x ones are just as nice. Enjoy! Will last you a lifetime!

bol

Good to hear. Thanks Marty. I rather hope it won’t be a bike for life – I’m hoping to squeeze in another 40 years if I can. We’re bound to have some new must-have bottom bracket standard by then.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BadlyWiredDog

Been running a Planet X Ti Pro Race – or whatever it’s called now – for almost two years now. It’s absolutely bloody lovely. Totally changed my attitude to road riding. Mixes stiff and supple in just the right proportions. Looks sweet, particularly with silver Ksyriums, beautifully welded. Enjoy 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Am thinking of one here, missed a lovely Lemond on ebay a while ago.

bol

Come on, some of you must have some pics to show me?

I’m planning a bit of a stealthy all-year build, with full black 105, Easton finishing kit and black Roval Echappee wheels (for the heftier rider), but open to experience-based recommendations…

scruzer
    Free Member

Will this do ya? Now with Hope Headset in blue

MountainKing
    Free Member

Here’s another, this time an Enigma Eclipse

CHB

Had the first PX sportive in the country, flippin brilliant bike:

http://chb.fotopic.net/c1505118.html

bol

That’s more like it, thanks boys. Very nice.

GJP
    Free Member

Here is another 2006 Omega Alchemy, barely ridden as I much prefer carbon frames. Frame may be for sale in a short while.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Ti road bikes, please’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts