Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Show me your Specialized Enduro's !
  • pitcherpro
    Free Member

After seeing a few threads on here for other bikes i thought i’d start one for the enduro 🙂
    Any age / spec , lets see what you’ve got…(excuse the exhaust shaped stand)

althepal

2004 sworks.. Long travel at the time!

Apologies for crap photo..here’s one before the elixirs went on..

maxsatnav
    Free Member

think you may not recognise this

looking back it has changed somewhat… for the better

@althepal… i had that version…. absolutely fantastic bike

pitcherpro
    Free Member

althepal , nice to see an old sworks still rockin the trails!

Max it sure does look different , hardly any ano red on it 😀 am sure you have an updated “bling” pic

maxsatnav
    Free Member

cant find one 😳

Marco72
    Free Member

Marco72
    Free Member
    Marco72
    Free Member
    coolhandluke
    Free Member

2010 Enduro. Riding down an Alp.

2006 s-works

ianv
    Free Member

008 by ianvincent, on Flickr

MussEd
    Free Member

Anyone with the newest shape frame needed to replace the headset yet? If do what did you get?

Will get a picture of mine up later but sounds the same idea as that black one with red ano bits. Great bike!!

MussEd
    Free Member

Taken as I finished the build last spring. Had the same silver 06 Sworks as Coolhandluke as my first full sus but was nicked out of the shed.

clubber
    Free Member

2004 – good bike but not XC enough for me.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

2008, somewhere in Wales (I think this was at Penmachno, but really can’t remember!)

Now with Charge Spoon freebie saddle, dork-disc removed and no dropper post at the moment (Am going to buy one in SFO hopefully, depending on cost/availability. Reverb most likely)

nosedive
    Free Member

great thread!

+ 1 question about the headset by the way. I had mine apart this week to inevstigate the creaking and there is loads of corrosion around the cups and bearings.

what have people used as replacements? I am hoping that a Hope mix and match headset will fit …..

bigyinn
    Free Member

A couple of old faithful. Still my main bike and still riding really well!

Been totally upgraded fromt the orignal spec. The only part that came with the bike is the seat QR! Put an RP3 on instead of the Float RL and it improved the climbing so much!

Put a slightly shorter stem (90mm instead of 110mm) on it last week and rode it last night. Seemed to make quite a difference, for the better!

Konastoner
    Free Member

Morzine

[/url] IMG00028-20110905-1746 by Konastoner, on Flickr[/img]

Home

[/url] IMAG0110 by Konastoner, on Flickr[/img]

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Great pics so far , keep them coming !
    MussEd & nosedive , I’ve had the corrosion issue with the headset bearings , I took them out and cleaned them up , reffited them with a good serving off Teflon grease ( had stopped the creak/cracking noise)
    You can get cane creek ones now , just check on their website . Also hope do them too.

MussEd
    Free Member

You can get cane creek ones now , just check on their website . Also hope do them too

Can you PLEASE provide a link? Been on Cane Creek website and Hope but no further forward. I was told by Specialized concept store I could only order the own brand replacements but seeing how badly they performed was looking for a better option…

pitcherpro
    Free Member

http://www.canecreek.com/headset-fit-finder

Just choose enduro 2010-2012 and the fork you have then bingo , it’ll tell you which ones 😉

MussEd
    Free Member

it doesn’t…

mrplow
    Free Member

Love it to bits.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

MussEd
    I have a tapered lyrik on mine and it says I need ..
    SHIS:IS42- 1-1/8th Italian intergrated
    SHIS:IS52/40- 1.5″ intergrated

I have found these parts on the tredz website

Stevelol
    Free Member

Here’s my (now long gone) Enduro SL ’07

It was my first proper mtb and I upgraded everything on it apart from the drivetrain and fork. Extremely plush ride (once the crap AFR shock was swapped out) and still really light even in this build. Bobbby on the climbs though and I much prefer a more straightforward linkage. I replaced it with a Covert which has less bob, more pop, much stiffer and feels just as plush with a CCDB.

I wanted to replace it with the 2010 frame but I got sick of Spesh’s own standards, the 25mm axle on the e150 fork made it a PITA to get a new fork as it’d require a new front wheel/hub(!), the fact it’s a ballache to change the rear shock on the 2010 model is a real shame.

trickydisco
    Free Member

My bright enduro

PJM1974
    Free Member

Mine’s the same frame style as Bigyinn’s, but is painted glossy black – mine’s a 2004 base model. The only original part that remains on the bike is the frame itself.

Mine now has Revelations up front, a PUSHed Float at the back, 710mm Funn bars, Hope Pro2s on 717s, Thompson stem & post and Hope Tech X2s. It’s still a fantastic bike to ride, and tips the scales at under 28lb too. I won’t replace it until it breaks.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Mine doesnt even have the original purchased frame (Enduro Expert 2003), t’was replaced with an Enduro Pro 2004 (last year of the monocoques) as it craked at the seat tube top tube junction, replaced under warranty.

althepal

Sadly I have a 575 now which is great but I do miss the old girl and regret selling her… The Thomson seatpost from it lives on though! Aha ha ha hah ha!!!!!!

moonboy
    Free Member

Long since sold…. where are you now?!

and yes, front brakes. yes I know.

AlasdairMc

Can’t find a picture at the moment, but mine’s a 2004 Expert. All that remains is the frame, shock and shifters, everything else has either been broken or upgraded.

I personally thought the bike got a hell of a lot better when the 125mm Talas was replaced with a 140mm Pike, and that it rode best at around 120mm up front, 100mm at the back.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Mine had Psylo SL’s when new, which were ok, compared to what I was used to (Manitou Mach 5 SX’s). Replaced with a Float RLC 140mm 5 years ago, MUCH better.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

trickydisco, another ex-demo, I see!

PJM1974
    Free Member

@Bigyinn – a mate of mine had an identical problem with his ’03 Expert – it cracked badly at the seadtube weld, but the ’04 Pro replacement is still going strong. IIRC Spesh made a few changes to the tube profiles on the ’04 bikes to beef them up. Early ones also broke at the seatstay too.

I can report that yes, the 02-04 bikes feel much nicer with a 140mm fork up front (I too swapped to Pikes and latterly Revelations.

GW
    Free Member

My 02 SX Supercross

an old pic and a couple of things have changed, most noticably a telescopic post to allow me to actually pedal it uphill too without murdering myself. it also now has a Push tuned Vanilla shock with Eibach spring (finding a stiff enough but short enough spring to use this as a DH bike wasn’t easy), different tyres and pedals.

it’s my mini DH bike but being short travel means it’s ok to actually ride XC on for a few hours too.
    as a DH bike it absolutely rips, being super low and DH slack it corners amazingly but unlike a DH bike it pings out of corners and sprints like the short travel bike it is. it’s actually faster than my DH bike for sectioning many DH tracks, the only thing letting it down is for the speed it’s happy at shortness of travel combined with a high leverage tiny shock leaves it lacking in damping over full 3min+ runs on rougher tracks and after a few race pace runs it can really beat you up compared to my proper DH bike

Geometry is 65deg HA, 12.6″ BB height and 43.75 WB.. IMO/E nothing comes close in shorter travel to this day.

jalefa
    Free Member

1ride old

MussEd
    Free Member

Pitcherpro – think that’s sorted me out, thanks! Incidentally I emailed Hope today and they stated they don’t do a headset for this frame.

bigyinn
    Free Member

PJM1974 – Member

@Bigyinn – a mate of mine had an identical problem with his ’03 Expert – it cracked badly at the seadtube weld, but the ’04 Pro replacement is still going strong. IIRC Spesh made a few changes to the tube profiles on the ’04 bikes to beef them up. Early ones also broke at the seatstay too.
    From comparing the seat tube, the tube thickness was noticeably more than the older one. I think there was one less cutout inside the seattube where it was welded to the main triangle.

Tracey

Cant post pics yet but we have had a few.need to sell two on. Ive just treated myself to a 2011 s works enduro

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Tracey i’m jealous !

GW thats a lush supercross

No probs MussEd

mrplow
    Free Member

GW’s looks like a wild ride! Imagining the amount you have to work it on DH runs is quite a bit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Specialized Enduro's !’ is closed to new replies.