show me your Prince Alberts

Home Forum Bike Forum show me your Prince Alberts

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • show me your Prince Alberts
  • Jimbo

This has the potential to go horribly wrong…

which is why i asked you to keep it clean..!!!

Jimbo

I’m sure they need no requests re. hygiene 😉

Premier Icon jim
    Subscriber

Enjoying the view in the Dales:

At the lighter end of PA builds I think, Menjas, Hope XC/717 wheels, RF Atlas cranks, Thomson/Easton finishing kit.

Mid weight I’d say. Menjas, mixture of Thomson, Raceface kit and Mavic 721s.

deft

Not too bad weight wise, waiting for the fork to die so I can get a pike

is that dartmoor granite i spy..?

please keep it clean…!!!!

as ive just purchased one, im thinking pikes and a general hacking around build nowt too light nowt too heavy, i’d like to see some builds so i can decide what looks good and what doesnt..

cheers

forge197

Photobucket seems temperamental so no pic’s

Got a couple of Alberts at the moment running RS Revs Coil and Air, have a set of Pikes with a PA cut steerer that I have used and it suited the bike well.

? where did that go..??

Doug

waiting for the fork to die so I can get a pike

You may be waiting a while.

1×9 set up, 27lbs. Vanillas, deore square taper crankset, XT gears, 719 rimms on XT / Hope XC. 60mm Gap stem; short stems work well with the long top tube.
    It is purple but doesn’t show up well in photos (especially when metering for snow).

stugus

Sadly not quite so shiney anymore. Great fun, you’ll love it!!

nice, mine is the same colour

nodrog2

Got some slightly different kit on it these days and also a little tattier looking but here’s mine.

nwill1

Nice – sizing question, i want to use one for jumping and 4x aswell as a bit of xc. Do this bikes jump well? I want to be able to through it around!

nwill1

Oh yeah I’m 5’9′ which size?

tinribz

Not really a PA but same geometry I’m told.

130 revs dual air, 70mm stem, RF DH risers, thomp layback, xt / slx, stoker trails, Red Metal 5s, 8 block 2.35s, welgo copies!

Size Large – 27Lbs ~ish.

Jimbo

“Oh yeah I’m 5’9′ which size?”

I’m 5’8″. Mike @ Dialled Bikes suggested a small (15.5″) for a do-it-all bike, and the medium (17″) for XC-orientated, wheels-on-ground stuff. Of course, said helpful chap can be contacted by e-mail, and I’d suggest you do the same to clarify.

FWIW I went for a small: wanted something chuckable 🙂

MTB-Idle

Mark I design, large frame (I’m 6′ 2″),

Any excuse…

Spaceman

Any excuse to show it off, great bike, running coil revs on mine, 70mm stem, hope brakes and hubs, XT, mavic 717 rims, Blue groove tyres/stans no tubes, about 27.5lbs.

Why are there loads of piccy’s of bikes?

Premier Icon mrh86
    Subscriber

Was just about to make a related post but may as well ask the question here.
    Is anyone running 140mm forks on their prince alberts? How does it handle with these? Mike at dialled bikes said the PA would take them no problem but I’m sure I’ve read somewhere on here that people have said it doesnt handle that well with them.
    Cheers

i hope they do as im going to have them on mine..will run them at 140mm as i do all my bikes…!

Prince Albert I (lost, and then found in a Southmead lockup, minus everything apart from the seatpost)

…and the current PA II

Handles well with 140mm forks (I only have one 5mm spacer under the stem), weighs in at 28lbs with XT, Hoops and dual air Revs. Like it alot, so will you!

looking at those 2 pics, my new bike looks a lot slacker with 140mm forks, but I reckon the travel was wound down in that first pic

Some better pics, fully finished this time. Only had one proper ride and it all felt good, need a stiffer spring for my Pikes though…

Weight? lighter than my old Coiler :o)

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

xc

commuting

latest incarnation

had 140mm foxs on mine for a while, didn’t get on with it, feels much better with 130mm revs (1st pic has 105mm Z3s on it)

billybob

Blimey almost as common as on-ones…. 😉

billybob

oh yeah… almost forgot – here’s mine!

Premier Icon steveh
    Subscriber

I’ve not got any pics but mines probably at the heavier/bigger end of things.

Juicy 7’s, thomson bits, FUNN 710 bars, fox 36 vans, hope wheels etc. Rides fantastically set up like this, I’ve had revs and old vanillas on it before and much prefer this setup. I do like my bikes to have slack head angles though.

nice billybob, proper badge on the headtube, I’ve only ever had decals.

billybob

There was somebody on here selling them sometime ago.. can’t remember who!

damn, would like one of those

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

i’ve got one of those head badges sitting in a jiffy bag in the garage, will get around to fitting it one day

nwill1 – Member

Nice – sizing question, i want to use one for jumping and 4x aswell as a bit of xc. Do this bikes jump well? I want to be able to through it around!

Oh yeah I’m 5’9′ which size?

15.5″/small with a long seat post for the XC rides.

nwill1

Hi mike-at-dialledbikes

Some one told me to get in touch, I ride an XC bike at the mo but rode BMX for years and want something that I play on more I want to jump and take down my local down hill course at kinver so does this bike jump well?

N.

Premier Icon terrahawk
    Subscriber

I’m still really pissed off that I sold my 853. Fook it, I’m getting another one.

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘show me your Prince Alberts’ is closed to new replies.