Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • show me your Prince Alberts
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

please keep it clean…!!!!

as ive just purchased one, im thinking pikes and a general hacking around build nowt too light nowt too heavy, i’d like to see some builds so i can decide what looks good and what doesnt..

cheers

Jimbo
    Free Member

This has the potential to go horribly wrong…

carlphillips
    Free Member

which is why i asked you to keep it clean..!!!

Jimbo
    Free Member

I’m sure they need no requests re. hygiene 😉

jim
    Free Member

Enjoying the view in the Dales:

At the lighter end of PA builds I think, Menjas, Hope XC/717 wheels, RF Atlas cranks, Thomson/Easton finishing kit.

carlphillips
    Free Member

looks nice

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Mid weight I’d say. Menjas, mixture of Thomson, Raceface kit and Mavic 721s.

deft
    Free Member

Not too bad weight wise, waiting for the fork to die so I can get a pike

carlphillips
    Free Member

is that dartmoor granite i spy..?

forge197
    Free Member

Photobucket seems temperamental so no pic’s

Got a couple of Alberts at the moment running RS Revs Coil and Air, have a set of Pikes with a PA cut steerer that I have used and it suited the bike well.

carlphillips
    Free Member

? where did that go..??

Doug
    Free Member

waiting for the fork to die so I can get a pike

You may be waiting a while.

cheers_drive

1×9 set up, 27lbs. Vanillas, deore square taper crankset, XT gears, 719 rimms on XT / Hope XC. 60mm Gap stem; short stems work well with the long top tube.
    It is purple but doesn’t show up well in photos (especially when metering for snow).

stugus
    Free Member

Sadly not quite so shiney anymore. Great fun, you’ll love it!!

carlphillips
    Free Member

nice, mine is the same colour

mandog

nodrog2
    Free Member

Got some slightly different kit on it these days and also a little tattier looking but here’s mine.

nwill1
    Free Member

Nice – sizing question, i want to use one for jumping and 4x aswell as a bit of xc. Do this bikes jump well? I want to be able to through it around!

nwill1
    Free Member

Oh yeah I’m 5’9′ which size?

tinribz
    Free Member

Not really a PA but same geometry I’m told.

130 revs dual air, 70mm stem, RF DH risers, thomp layback, xt / slx, stoker trails, Red Metal 5s, 8 block 2.35s, welgo copies!

Size Large – 27Lbs ~ish.

Jimbo
    Free Member

“Oh yeah I’m 5’9′ which size?”

I’m 5’8″. Mike @ Dialled Bikes suggested a small (15.5″) for a do-it-all bike, and the medium (17″) for XC-orientated, wheels-on-ground stuff. Of course, said helpful chap can be contacted by e-mail, and I’d suggest you do the same to clarify.

FWIW I went for a small: wanted something chuckable 🙂

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Mark I design, large frame (I’m 6′ 2″),

chomp
    Free Member

mrdoubletake
    Free Member

Any excuse…

wildrnes
    Free Member

mk1

Spaceman
    Free Member

Any excuse to show it off, great bike, running coil revs on mine, 70mm stem, hope brakes and hubs, XT, mavic 717 rims, Blue groove tyres/stans no tubes, about 27.5lbs.

nwill1
    Free Member

?

darkeneddreams
    Free Member

Why are there loads of piccy’s of bikes?

SilentSparky
    Free Member

mrh86

Was just about to make a related post but may as well ask the question here.
    Is anyone running 140mm forks on their prince alberts? How does it handle with these? Mike at dialled bikes said the PA would take them no problem but I’m sure I’ve read somewhere on here that people have said it doesnt handle that well with them.
    Cheers

carlphillips
    Free Member

i hope they do as im going to have them on mine..will run them at 140mm as i do all my bikes…!

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Prince Albert I (lost, and then found in a Southmead lockup, minus everything apart from the seatpost)

…and the current PA II

Handles well with 140mm forks (I only have one 5mm spacer under the stem), weighs in at 28lbs with XT, Hoops and dual air Revs. Like it alot, so will you!

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

looking at those 2 pics, my new bike looks a lot slacker with 140mm forks, but I reckon the travel was wound down in that first pic

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Some better pics, fully finished this time. Only had one proper ride and it all felt good, need a stiffer spring for my Pikes though…

Weight? lighter than my old Coiler :o)

rOcKeTdOg

xc

commuting

latest incarnation

had 140mm foxs on mine for a while, didn’t get on with it, feels much better with 130mm revs (1st pic has 105mm Z3s on it)

billybob
    Free Member

Blimey almost as common as on-ones…. 😉

billybob
    Free Member

oh yeah… almost forgot – here’s mine!

steveh

I’ve not got any pics but mines probably at the heavier/bigger end of things.

Juicy 7’s, thomson bits, FUNN 710 bars, fox 36 vans, hope wheels etc. Rides fantastically set up like this, I’ve had revs and old vanillas on it before and much prefer this setup. I do like my bikes to have slack head angles though.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

nice billybob, proper badge on the headtube, I’ve only ever had decals.

billybob
    Free Member

There was somebody on here selling them sometime ago.. can’t remember who!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘show me your Prince Alberts’ is closed to new replies.