Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Show me your pimped out vans!
  • rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

As title really, thinking of buying a medium vivaro/trafic size van, I’ll be doing it to carry one/two bikes l, some gear for my other hobby sometimes (car wheels/tyres, toolbox ….) and I’ll look at setting up somewhere I can sleep.

Inspiration and ideas please! 😀

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

[img]http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/299039_10150322838494232_733524231_8203419_1122178442_n.jpg[/img]

jonny-m
    Free Member

[/img]
    Not exactly pimped out yet but working on it

mos

This was my T5

IMG_0505 by marcusandcath, on Flickr

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

In the background

vdubber67
    Free Member

WCA – that pic would make a great caption competition!

“Helmet Police Dog says WOOF!” etc

julianwilson
    Free Member

WCA, the other day I was chatting about the next BBB with my 7 year old and she referred to the vehicle above (correctly) as “The Truck Of Dreams”. 😀

rusty90
    Free Member

WCA – that pic would make a great caption competition!

“The local cricket club felt that WCA was taking the idea of cheeky trails a bit too far”

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Gypsy Chic!

It was The Shiny Truck of Dreams!

ianv
    Free Member

You need one of these:

045 by ianvincent, on Flickr

Not mine 🙁

br
    Free Member

MB – that inside shot reminds me of 90’s night clubs…

nealglover
    Free Member

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

b r – The inside shot of mine reminds me of some of the clubs I used to go to as a teenager

also available with Jacuzzi in the rear

gravity-slave
    Free Member

ianv – I’d give my left leg to have a truck like that! 😉

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

My dads got a motorhome but one without the garage, their super super expensive 🙁 ! Loving the simple layout in the transporter!

konabunny
    Free Member

MB – what’s the textured white stuff on the walls? Looks good but also spooky.

nealglover
    Free Member

MB – what’s the textured white stuff on the walls? Looks good but also spooky.

Carpet.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Carpet lining from Megavanmats.
    The lighting is self adhesive LED strips originally intended for kitchen/bathroom use and wired in to the interior light power supply.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

DrP

My van envy is throbbing again…. must….not….buy….van……..

DrP

oxym0r0n

😉

T5 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

druidh
    Free Member

Mostly Balanced – are you happy with the space/flexibility/comfort of that layout. I’m just finishing kitting out my Trafic and opted to leave it as one large space and just use a roll-up campbed when required, but I did consider one sleeping/storage area like yours.

I also used the Megavanmats carpeting. I ordered way too much, so expect to see some in the classifieds very soon!

billysugger
    Free Member

Vivaro/ dog kennel/ bike carrier/ tent.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

To Druidh. The cupboard tops are hinged for access to the stowage and padded underneath the dark carpet covering so make good seats for picnicking in less than perfect weather. I made them wide enough to get an inflatable mattress on top. So, yes I am very hapy with the layout. I’ve found that the carpet lining marks quite easily so now I’ve got some old carpet tiles that I use to protect bikes and lining from each other when the bikes are strapped to the side.

Someday I’ll get a window put in the side door.

trickydisco
    Free Member

DrP

Trickydisco – were your pics taken whilst the van was being swallowed by a whale??!!

DrP

donsimon
    Free Member

You need one of these:

I bet that handles like a dream…

IHN

Not got any pics of mine, but I have an Amdro T5 conversion that looks like this inside (well, not as clean as this. Really, really not as clean as this)

And bedified:

druidh
    Free Member

On the subject of graphics….. I’ve been told that putting some external markings (e.g. stripes/waves) on the sides of the van make it look more like a private van and less like a works van and therefore less likely to be broken in to (in search of tools?). Has anyone considered this or do you think it’s not worth it?

Pigface
    Free Member

Sprocket Jockey is that Abereidy?

tops5
    Free Member

billysugger
    Free Member

Why do people fit those bonnet covers? Stone chips?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s telling others that they are rugged and manly (and own a van) yet also have a sensitive side and probbaly use moisturiser.

Either that or they rear MAX POWER and say phhhhwooooarrrrrrr a lot.

ChrisS
    Free Member

Mines for sale, lots of pics on the ebay ad…

ADVERT HERE

coffeeking
    Free Member

REALLY not a fan of pimped anything but a nice set of alloys and some nice interior care and vans can look SO good. I almost want a van for how they look!

stgeorge

I think a better title would be “Show me vans owned by carpet fitters or kitchen fitters”

THIS is what pimped means 🙂

Cougar

I’m reliably informed by an American friend that it’s called a “car bra.” Srsly.

They’re really prevalent in the US. I think it’s supposed to be to guard against stone chips or dead bugs or something, though quite why the front few inches of your bonnet is more in need of protection than the skirt or any other part of the front of the car, I have no idea.

I suspect that mostly, it’s a solution to a non-existent problem, bought on the assumption that if they’re selling them then I must need one.

thomthumb
    Free Member

helps you be scene.

rthomas17
    Free Member

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Sprocket Jockey is that Abereidy?

Well spotted!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Show me your pimped out vans!’ is closed to new replies.