Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Show Me Your On-One Pickenflick Titanium Cyclocross Builds
  • pryally
    Free Member

mine is now in its third ‘build’

650b x 2.0 and 1×11

IMG_6760

simon1975

I got mine in July as a full 1×11 build which is ace. Changed the ring for a 34T after a couple of rides since I want it to be a drop-bar MTB (and my only geared bike). Already completed a great 3-day Pennines bivvy trip on it which went very well. The WTB tyres have been crap and I’ve already had to dump one after it blew a huge hole. The WTB rims also already looking very tatty, but they’re still true and working tubeless. Selcof hubs seem good. The WTB saddle, however, is a new favourite, and I really can’t fault the SRAM Rival “hydro” groupset.

It rides really well – front end very stiff, fairly stiff under pedalling, but absorbs the buzz and bumps very well at speed.

Album here: https://goo.gl/photos/EipTqWH35hJZsxrL6

mrblobby
    Free Member

Daffy, not often you see DA on an OnOne!

mattsccm
    Free Member

650b!
    tell me more. I was wondering about that but haven’t got any wheels to try it with.
    What tyres are they and how much space is there around them at the back?
    Does it lower the BB at all?

plus-one

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LZ7mSY]Winter roadie/off road rig[/url] by Plus one2010, on Flickr

Road mode

pryally
    Free Member

Tyres are Maxxis Refuse 2.0 tubeless, I wanted the WTB Horizons but couldn’t find any in stock. approz 10mm clearance each side at the back and loads on the front.rides great, just a bit slower to get up to speed but floats over everyting with the correct pressure

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Bought the 5800 hydraulic groupset sticking with the compact crankset as the 11-32 cassette gives me the same ratio as a 46/36 with 11-28 also not sure about the 5800 hydraulic disc brakes the levers seem massive compared to normal STI levers, what’s the consensus on shimano hydraulic disc brakes, a guy I know has STI levers with TRP twin piston Spyre mechanical calipers and they felt very good and he swears buy them. Do the Shimano ST-RS505 work well especially for CX?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Show Me Your On-One Pickenflick Titanium Cyclocross Builds’ is closed to new replies.