Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Show me your Megatowers!
  • kingofthetoys

As per title really. I’ve got a megatower coming at the end of august and I’m hyped!

To keep the buzz going until then let’s see the Singletrack hivemind’s megatowers, pics, specs, changes you’ve made, opinions etc

Go!

kingofthetoys

Think I’d have had a better response on here if I’d have asked to see rigid single-speeds instead 😂🙈

argee

Think the infamous STW invisible post occurred, you have to post on your own thread to get it to show these days!

Don’t have a megatower though, maybe one day, probably a bit later than August ;o)

timbog160

Shame as I’d love a Megatower, though the reality is it’d be way too much bike for what I do these days. Post yours up when you get it anyway!

frogstomp

Think the infamous STW invisible post occurred

Nah, I saw it yesterday. Unfortunately I only have a High, not a Mega, tower to offer..

tomhoward

Unfortunately I only have a High, not a Mega, tower to offer..

Post it anyway, most folk can’t tell the difference without the name on the top tube, myself included. If its not a Blur or a V10, I’m stumped.

kingofthetoys

@frogstomp

Tell us about your Hightower yeah!

frogstomp

Post it anyway, most folk can’t tell the difference without the name on the top tube, myself included.

Me neither, but I kinda like that approach.. just pick the bike you want based on the travel / intent..

Tell us about your Hightower yeah!

Ah, go on then..

Heading up to Lochnagar a couple weeks ago..  followed by a few days En Tweed. Such a capable bike.. I was wishing for a Megatower on some of the Golfie stuff but that is more a comment on my core strength than the abilities of the bike!

kingofthetoys

Nice!
    have you changed anything on it or had any issues with it?

stevedoc
    Free Member

Owww shall I ??

Im not sure its in keeping with STW though

stevedoc
    Free Member

frogstomp

have you changed anything on it or had any issues with it?

I bought it as a frame last year and transplanted most of the bits from my V1 Hightower over to it (which I also built up from a frame). Loved that bike, but the V2 is even better.. the new suspension layout is a big step forward.

No issues to report thus far..

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

my mates got a nice looking grey megatower, with fox 38 Kashimas.
    its a bit much for local riding [peaks] and he seems to have to get off and push it now and again..

it looks like it will be very fast downhill in the right hands

stevedoc
    Free Member

The bike isnt the problem, ive cleaned Cutgate twice from Langsett no stopping on mine and verious other Peaks pains , and yes the bike really needs to be pushed to get the best from it .. but when youre brave enough wow!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Megatowers!’ is closed to new replies.