Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Show me your knife block
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Inspiration please!

CountZero

What you want is a universal knife block. They’re hollow and full of plastic rods, so you just stuff the knives in any way you want, much better than blocks with slots cut into them. The rods can be slid out for cleaning every so often as well. I was checking them out on line, but one turned up in the charity shop my g/f was working in at the time, half price, and with staff discount as well! Looks like this one…

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

^^^ +1 I have one of these and it’s great.

rene59
    Free Member

Don’t have one, I just use a magnetic strip for my four kitchen knives.

drewd

We’ve also got one of the universal knife blocks. Can’t fault it, it does the job perfectly.

BigJohn

I have a knife block with a selection of knives in that my kids bought me for my 50th.  The knives are nothing special but mean a lot to me, keep a sharp edge and make good food.  My other knives are kept in a drawer in a drawer knife block which I would recommend highly.

gingersquirrel

cranberry
    Free Member

What you want is a universal knife block.

+1

disben

magnetic strip here – easy to access – can easily see what is there, looks smart… just need to get some better knives!

we got the Ikea one 

igm

Magnetic

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Magnetic strips are a little murdery  if you ask me. They make me feel uncomfortable

footflaps

ours…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/288eAkF]Magnetic knife rack[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

johndoh
    Free Member

Magnetic strips are a little murdery  if you ask me.

Yep – and the picture directly below your comment – you can see by the eyes who’s the murderer in that household…

DezB
    Free Member

you can see by the eyes who’s the murderer in that household…

😆  Marvellous

tarka_the_rotter
    Free Member

I do worry a bit about burglars – but they won’t all fit in a knife block…Murderer's paradise

perchypanther
    Free Member

midlifecrashes

Are those trousers from Hebden Bridge?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Artisan hakama innit!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Covert willy waving “look at my flash knives” thread?

Coming up next “If you ain’t got a whetstone, do you even sharpen, bro?”

tarka_the_rotter
    Free Member

Ha ha! Totally!

footflaps

you can see by the eyes who’s the murderer in that household…

Yep, George’s kill count was legendary – mainly voles, mice and birds (inc the odd pigeon wedged in the cat flap).

Sadly died last year of a brain tumour. That photo was the day before we took him to be put down 🙁

SiB
    Free Member

“one turned up in the charity shop my g/f was working in at the time, half price, and with staff discount as well”…………

……..so basically making sure the needy don’t get everything the public donate to them. This doesn’t sound right to me. Or do you mean that it was half the price as it would be in the shops?!?

DrJ

This one (Eva Solo).  Not the most practical but looks lovely 🙂

rene59
    Free Member

Sadly died last year of a brain tumour.

But a happy day for the local vole, mice and bird population.

DrJ

..so basically making sure the needy don’t get everything the public donate to them

I could be wrong but I’m guessing that the knife block wasn’t intended for the homeless?

footflaps

But a happy day for the local vole, mice and bird population.

Short lived, we just got another cat to continue the pillaging and raping of the local wildlife….

Rik
    Free Member

Anybody know of a nice (preferably) oak knife block that will take 6 chefs knifes inc 2 deep japanese vegetable choppers?

CountZero

Or do you mean that it was half the price as it would be in the shops?!?

It was half the price it would have been on Amazon. And the charity is nothing to do with the homeless, not sure where that came from, it’s Dorothy House.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Show me your knife block’ is closed to new replies.