Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Show me your Intense Tracer 2's
  • skywalker
    Free Member

And tell me about them please, I really fancy one. I’m 5’11” with a 33″ inside leg and not sure whether to go for a medium or large.

How do they ride, any issues etc.

Also do you know when the 2012 model is out and is it likely to still have an RP23.

thekid
    Free Member

Hi the 2012 tracer is now avalible the only difference is the shock its now a kashima coated rp23 boost valve and you have the option of 135 or 142 drop outs. The frame is identical to the 2011. RRP is now £1799 in standard colours ,gun metal,can am yellow, works red, works blue, white and raw here in the uk.

skywalker
    Free Member

Thanks Mate, works red, blue, yellow, and white are all lovely, difficult decision. Have you ridden one at all, got any photos of the frame in detail?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

How do they ride, any issues etc.

Its an Intense, so theres always a chance it’ll be welded skewiff or it’ll have a tendancy to crack.

skywalker
    Free Member

I have just been doing a bit of research, seems the problems where with the old Tracers. Would like to hear from some Tracer 2 owners if they have had any issues.

skywalker
    Free Member

Surely someone owns one!?

thekid
    Free Member

All of the problems you will be reading about are the 08/09 tracer. The 2010 was given a beefed up swinger and this cured the problem. but the 2012 todate has had no issues, not in the uk anyway and we are almost a year in !!
    Intense are a small company and with any hand made frame there are going to be inconsistencies! ive experienced these issues and they where put wright with speed, but they where the older bike and as ive said the 2012 has been reliable to date. Ive owned a tracer 2 now for 8 months and its been used 3 times a week sometimes more from riding in the peaks to enduros in scotland and its getting better the more i ride it !! its mint ! Buy new and get 2 years warranty !!! you cant go wrong.

thekid
    Free Member

If you need pics PM me and i will send you some.

Cheers

skywalker
    Free Member

Thanks mate, I mailed you.

ichabodcrane
    Free Member

The Tracer is a great bike, love mine and so do my two friends who have one!

If you are serious about getting one drop me an email and I will be able to direct you to a shop that will do a good deal on a frame.

skywalker
    Free Member

Hmmm, yellow, I like! How long have you owned it and have you had any issues at all? Is that a medium? How tall are you?

Sorry for the 20 questions.

wrecker
    Free Member

Loving that raw.

ichabodcrane
    Free Member

Mine is a medium, I am 5’10” and I have had it since release. I will be honest my frame is not a shining example its a bit of a crab! but the serial No. is 001 so first out the factory must have been a rush 🙂 But the other two the raw one pictured which is a small and a medium gun metal one are perfect.

All I can say is they all ride amazingly one of the best trail bikes I have had.

honourablegeorge

thekid – Member
    All of the problems you will be reading about are the 08/09 tracer. The 2010 was given a beefed up swinger and this cured the problem. but the 2012 todate has had no issues, not in the uk anyway and we are almost a year in !!
    Intense are a small company and with any hand made frame there are going to be inconsistencies!

Buy new and get 2 years warranty !!! you cant go wrong.

Most intense bikes have had similar issues, not just the Tracer. Their quality control is terrible, and Jeff Steber himself has admitted that.

The Tracer 2 appears to weigh a ton now relative to a lot of the competition, it’s packed on a load of weight.

2 years isn’t much of a warranty, given the history.

showerman
    Free Member

the cherry red on raw metal is a real eye catcher,
    nearly every frame manufacture even top end have had design issues they fix them and move on sometimes we need to forget and move on also

skywalker
    Free Member

You are right, all manufacturers have issues, its not the end of the world. I would be buying new anyway so it would have a warranty.

They are not that heavy to be honest

7.49 lbs is a respectable weight, roughly the same as a Five.

thekid
    Free Member

Fair point !! but there now alot better. Intense have taken alot of flack and like you have said have admitted where there weak ! ive seen alot of there bikes and 2010/2011 models have without a doubt steped up !

ichabodcrane
    Free Member

That frame on the scales is the same bike from my kitchen in my earlier post and is a small so will be a little lighter than a medium.

skywalker
    Free Member

Ahh I see, make that the same as an Orange Alpine then, which is pretty much the Orange equivalent of the Tazer anyway.

Just looked at the price of replacement G2 dropouts, roughly £130 a side, are they on drugs?

Edit: More like what drugs are they on.

ichabodcrane
    Free Member

skywalker – Member
    Ahh I see, make that the same as an Orange Alpine then, which is pretty much the Orange equivalent of the Tazer anyway.

Just looked at the price of replacement G2 dropouts, roughly £130 a side, are they on drugs?

Edit: More like what drugs are they on.

I think they are nearer £70 each side, I did enquire but can’t remember exactly.

thekid
    Free Member

Cant see anyone breaking the g2 drop outs not unless you throw the bike out of a chinook !!!!!!!

ichabodcrane
    Free Member

thekid – Member
    Cant see anyone breaking the g2 drop outs not unless you throw the bike out of a chinook !!!!!!!

True but if you want to go 142x12mm it becomes an expensive upgrade, as 135mm are standard.

honourablegeorge

thekid – Member

No, but people might want the 12mm rear end, without getting ripped off.

thekid
    Free Member

Fair point plus your going to need an axle too £50ish ! If you buy a 2012 you now get the option of either 135 or 142 now.

honourablegeorge

skywalker – Member

They are not that heavy to be honest

That small frame is half a pound heavier than a medium Nomad – a bike that has the same suspension layout.

thekid
    Free Member

Ive weighed 3 mediums and they have all been 7.1 ish. when built with a not so breaking the bank spec there around 29/30lb which for a 160mm bike is good, but the best part of it is even at 30lb plus they climb fantastic. weight is not just where its at !!!

skywalker
    Free Member

Think I’ve changed my mind already, Blur LT sounds a better bet for where I ride.

thekid
    Free Member

cant fault the choice !!

hora
    Free Member

I think I’d personally go for a LT2.

ichabodcrane
    Free Member

Don’t know if you are near making a decision yet but I got some new forks so heres another pic to help you choose (a tracer 2 that is).

mamadirt
    Free Member

Most intense bikes have had similar issues, not just the Tracer.

Guess I got lucky with mine then (2 Tazer VPs, 1 Tazer VP FRO, 1 Tazer HT, 2 x BMX cruisers, 1 Slopestyle MK1, 1 Uzzi VP = zero issues) 🙄

Go for it OP!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Two things Ichabod, 1) great username 2) are you colour blind or did you build up the bike in the dark ? 😀

ScottChegg
    Free Member

And the polka dot mudguards are a crime against nature.

Otherwise; nice.

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice rug/grips co-ordination there Ichabod.

Respect is due for the natty mudguards too.

weescott
    Free Member

That Raw T2 looks familiar. 😆 The standard QR rear is so damn stiff it makes my old Heckler feel like a wet noodle in comparison. I wouldn’t bother with the 142 option.

I haven’t had any issues with mine since I got it in March last year and I ride it almost every week. ( I have other bikes).Weight as pictured is about 34lbs. And it still climbs well…allbeit slowly.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Intense Tracer 2's’ is closed to new replies.