• This topic has 47 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Show me your Handjobs………please.
  • CustardCream

I’m going to be building up my ‘new to me’ Handjob soon.

Thinking more on the side of XC.
    I’m a bit ‘jeyboy’ like that……

Show me yours……..

juan
    Free Member

is it ok if it’s not resting against a wall?

rOcKeTdOg

shall i drag out the pics of my broken one again?

DezB
    Free Member

Only the back tyre resting against the wall..

It is currently sporting slicks, narrower bars and one bar-end as had been used for a few commutes (injury forced), so looks a little jeyer.

Beagleboy

My mate’s was stolen about a week or so ago from Stirling. So could you keep an eye open for it? Black, 17inch (ish) frame with Revelation on the front and old Hope Mini brakes with wavy rotors.

Cheers

B.

CustardCream

Any pics welcome, complete or in bits…….

I’m too Jey to break anything.

tommo999
    Free Member

The seatpost is not ridden that high btw 😉

CustardCream

Like that, and a very tidy wall…

juan
    Free Member

I quite not get how people manages to break it.
    In black

In red

ANd I even have some of it resting against the wall.

steve_b77
    Free Member

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3385/3258571710_f029a82e26.jpg[/img]

Although slightly more Jey as it’s running Reba Races instead of Rev 426’s and Ignitor Exceptions front & rear

nostoc
    Free Member

Pynlimon pic dragged out yet again

now with 100mm QR15 Floats replacing Reba U-turns

BeardedDave
    Free Member

My girlfriend’s rather nice pink and white one!

juan
    Free Member

dav can I be you gf too?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Me and mine in Kaprun last year…

mk1fan
    Free Member

hhhmmmmm

mccett
    Free Member

A bit of before and after – rigid version now has slicks for commute.

Spaceman
    Free Member

Mine broke, replaced with a PA, cheaper and imo far better.
    Still waiting on the half price crash replacement one from Silverfish, via Alpine (originally bought the frame at Bikesport), been about ten months now, shocking customer service

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Hey Space Man

Give me a call in the Silverfish office on 01752 843882 as we seem to have no record of dealing with a crash replacement HJ through Alpine.

We have all sizes of HJ’s in stock and have done all year so I cant see why there would be a delay?

Are you sure we’ve been contacted about a replacement?

Anyway, give me a call if you want to discuss it further, I know we’re considered as slack southerners, but not TEN months worth of slack 🙂

Cheers

Richie

Spaceman
    Free Member

Richie I’ve been popping into alpine every few weeks/months and they always say that Silverfish haven’t got back to them. I haven’t been pushing hard to get something done as I have another frame already, would be good to get a frame on the cheap though to build up for my lass. I’ll be passing Alpine tomorrow so i’ll pop in and see what they’ve got to say, thanks for the info, cheers.

juan
    Free Member

Jeez spaceman what have you done to it…

Mind you now I doubt rich will warranty my frame 😉

Nick

someone posted a pic of a lovely white one with white revelations on it awhile back, probably the nicest bike I’ve ever seen on here. Hope they post it again.

hustler
    Free Member

spaceman, what did you do run into a f***ing truck? you have me worried as I have one in the cupboard waiting to be built

juan
    Free Member

huslter look at mine… I am not really tender with it and it’s still going strong…
    Mind you as I said not sure you can say I am riding XC… Not from everybody standard

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Spaceman
    I’m not sure what Alpine think they are waiting on from us?
    If you are the original owner and have the receipt then all that needs to happen is your Cove dealer, gives us a buzz and arranges to send the frame and paperwork back. We then deal with it from there on.

I’m not sure why they would drag their heels over it except for the fact that the crash replacement deal is all done at cost prices so both ourselves and Alpine would not make any money from it, hence, especially if you didn’t purchase the frame there originally, they may not want to deal with it??? However, if that was the case, they are under no obligation to do so, so I’d expect them simply to tell you that.

As I said above, give me a call directly if you’d prefer.

Cheers

Richie

samuri
    Free Member

I_Ache
    Free Member

This thread has forced me to bid on a handjob on the evil fleabay!

I do really want it now tho.

steve_b77
    Free Member

It’s the way forward Andy, cracking accompanyment to a LT FS bike

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Loving this thread, I have just (this week) sort a good deal on a nice orange handjob they’ve had hanging up for the past year at Oneplanet in Llandegla. I’ve been uming and aring over it for the whole 12 months and finally desided it would make a good birthday present as the price seemed to good to miss. Pick it up Saturday, very excite (and thus equally sad).

What size forks are people going for?

rOcKeTdOg

the original

after it folded a bit after colliding with someone both of us trying to get the apex of a corner

the replacement i had from silverfish (took less than a week as i recall)

steve_b77
    Free Member

johnikgriff – Member
    What size forks are people going for?

I’ve run both U-Turn Rev’s and now have Reba Races on mine, I think the bike rides best @ 115mm.

DezB
    Free Member

Nick – Member
    someone posted a pic of a lovely white one with white revelations on it awhile back, probably the nicest bike I’ve ever seen on here. Hope they post it again.

That’d be Deluded’s. Piece of supreme georgeousness.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Piece of supreme georgeousness

Need to see, can someone get a photo up….

I_Ache
    Free Member

Steve Ive put my bid in and Im hoping for the best good thing is I probably wont be on a computer again before it finishes I do hope I get it. Its an old steel one like Juans.

I do need a good HT to go with the Pitch. I cant just have a Pitch and a road bike I need something in the middle.

rOcKeTdOg

an old steel one? they’re all steel

I_Ache
    Free Member

Oops sorry for some reason I thought the new ones were ally. Must be the big DT.

[/idiot]

rOcKeTdOg

check the ebay ad doesn’t say aluminium handjob! 😕

I_Ache
    Free Member

No it doesnt it was just me being thick because Im waaayy to hot in my office.

It even says steel retro. Im pretty sure its the real thing.

I just hope nobody off here outbids me.

taka
    Free Member

eisily fixable bitta mig welding/hammer bashing could turn out like my trusty NOT SHAGGED heckler 🙂

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Armchair engineer geek hat on…… 8)

Would the fact that the down tube gusset is welded across (therefore concentrating any frontal forces against it) have been a contributing factor to that frame above failing where it did?

Not meaning to kick up a fuss, just i have noticed that a few frames have the gusset open (a la Inbred), where as other frames weld across the gusset.

Nick

WHERE IS THE WHITE ONE?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Handjobs………please.’ is closed to new replies.