Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Show me your hammocks
  • qwerty
    Free Member

I’ve earnt a garden luxury, and wanted one for ages. What have you got? be interesting to see all sorts (bushcraft, garden etc) with an idead of what they’re made of, cost, origin. plus any tips etc.

A friend brought a hemp hammock back from India, many years ago. I really liked it as it was very wide and wrapped around you, was strong and made of natural fibres.

sweepy
    Free Member

I use the basic DD one, I think it was about £30. All nylon and you can sleep inside it or on top.
    Very comfortable.

qwerty
    Free Member

sweepy – how’d you suspend it? with their Whoopie kit?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bookwyse
    Free Member

Just taken delivery of UK hamoocks woodsman complete with whoopie slings that I will be trying out in the local(ish) woods this evening.

sweepy
    Free Member

No, it came with green webbing and I just tie that to trees with knots. I couldn’t see much point in the whoopie slings to be honest, I only used carabiners to stop any drips.

Stoner
    Free Member

get one with spreader bars, much more comfortable IMO. This is made of a comfortable outdoor woven fabric. Doesnt mind enduring all the weather.

I also made my own adjustable fitting based on this aluminium bar and then used some nylon rope.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microrope-Lightweight-Hammock-Adjustable-Fixing-Rope-X2-Amazonas-/320872909241?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ab58409b9

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Show me your hammocks’ is closed to new replies.