Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Show me your Gravel bike with mudguards
  • ElShalimo

I’m after a set of guards for my Sonder Camino AL so please inspire me with some photos of your bikes with mudguards on.

thanks

razorrazoo

It ain’t the best looking of bikes, it a bit of a Trigger’s broom, but it does the job.  SKS Blumels and 35mm tyres.

I have 2 very nice other bikes (MTB and Road), but this gets used just as much (wet roads, gravel, local errands, turbo trainer).  Could really do with a wider range rear cassette and a larger chainring.

Lawn needs work, wall needs repointing – tell it to Royal Parks!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

oddnumber
    Free Member

null

SKS Bluemel 53mm with 47mm WTB Byways.

b230ftw
    Free Member

Haven’t got a handy pic but I have SKS Edge AL guards and they are the best I’ve ever used, and I’ve had quite a few different ones over the years. Rigid, rattle free, look great.

nbt

roverpig

I wouldn’t say it had improved the looks but it’s surprising how much more enjoyable a winter ride is when you are not spraying your front and back with cold muddy water all the time 🙂

ElShalimo

It looks like you guys all have a decent set up.

alan1977
    Free Member

dawson

Wtb Riddler 700×45 – Halfords guards (cos they were cheap) – they are a tight fit

legometeorology
    Free Member

(Sold on now)

Tom-B
    Free Member

I can’t….mainly because the ones that I spent 60 quid on from CRC don’t fit 😭

They’re the sks edge Al….you can have them cheap if they’ll fit your bike. Actually, are you in Scotland? Might be a faff!

abingham

No pictures to hand but I have Velo-Orange Zepplins on my Pipedream ALICE. A bit pricey, yes, but no rattling when fitted properly and aren’t offensive to the eyes so makes it worth it for me.

Cannot stand things rattling while I’m riding. Drives me potty.

matt_outandabout

While we’re on it – anyone experience of Flinger Deluxe guards?

My chainstays are 51mm wide at the tyre – My preferred SKS AL’s would not fit with current tyres. All SKS are 45/46mm, so maybe 38mm tyre max. I’ve a (large) 36mm tyre on now…

The Flingers are 50mm exact, so giving an extra couple of mm of tyre girth while fitting the frame neatly, even with some protective tape…

GRAEMEJONES

Another one with SKS Blumels. I haven’t cut the stays to length as they wouldn’t fit back on the bike I took them off!

boa open hours

GRAEMEJONES

I don’t know how that link appeared at the bottom, I noticed it too late to edit out!

bruneep

SKS Speedrockers

wooksterbo

View on Google photos

Boring pic in the garage. Mudhugger on front and ass saver on the back.

rOcKeTdOg

Mudhugger

IMG_20210213_171907_238

SKS s-blade

PXL_20210205_112536056

woody2000

BBB City guards- cheap as chips. Plenty of room  with a 42mm tyre, a bit of a squeeze with 47s

https://i.postimg.cc/j2ZPtvmM/IMG-20200301-120147.jpg

bri-72

Need to sort photos but SKS 53mm guards and 700×50 Wtb venture and I’ve got clearance, just.

ElShalimo

There since really nice bikes on here.

@bruneep
    – great photo.

I think the 2nd set up @rocketdog has is probably best for me. I  hate mudguards but a wet arse and swallowing crap on rural roads is no fun

bruneep

The mudguards are a revelation for keeping me dry in clean on some of the shitiest rides I’ve ridden for a while.

qwerty
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ksxH1G]Cube Editor[/url] by martinddd, on Flickr

Cube Editor, original new skool hybrid predating gravel. Alfine 11 & Gates CDX.

42c tyres, 45mm SKS Longboards.

Now with added Ortileb Ultimate bar bag, just ordered some Sport Roller Classics (£65 @ Spa) & scoping a Tubus Fly rack.

b230ftw
    Free Member

Mine with SKS Edge AL:

View post on imgur.com

As soon as a friend saw the mudguards in person he went to get some for himself. Fantastic guards.

gray

OK, so here’s a newbie question, sorry:

I have a gravel bike. I use it for muddy stuff sometimes, and for manky wet roads sometimes. Not keen on having mudguards in proper mud – I assume they’ll get gummed up even though my tyres are not very knobbly. But I’d like to have them for dirty wet roads…

So, are any of these proper mudguards sufficiently quick and easy to pop on and off, that you’d be happy doing that pretty much before every ride?

footflaps

my winter bike

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hVzaQd]2019 Specialized Diverge Sport[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

GRAEMEJONES

@gray the gravelhugger front is held on with rubber O rings and the rear one has the option of fitting with Velcro straps, so both quick on and off .

tenfoot

" alt="Speedrockers" />

Gray – once you’ve set them up, SKS Speedrockers can be put back on in a couple of minutes, tops.

somafunk

Sold a few years ago, tripster with PDW fenders

b230ftw
    Free Member

OK, so here’s a newbie question, sorry:

I have a gravel bike. I use it for muddy stuff sometimes, and for manky wet roads sometimes. Not keen on having mudguards in proper mud – I assume they’ll get gummed up even though my tyres are not very knobbly. But I’d like to have them for dirty wet roads

I think if you’re encountering that much mud you’ve either picked the wrong route or the wrong bike.
    Gravel bike tyres don’t tend to pick up as much mud. I went on a ride which had a very muddy section with my guards on and there wasn’t any issues but did hose it all out when I got home. I do have a decent clearance between guards and tyre so that may have helped.
    Can’t stand clip on ones myself. Never seem to be as good. Wobbly, rattly, and the fixings aren’t going to be happy with them being taken on and off every ride.

iainc

Zeal Swan and Croozer on mine, keeps the worst off and no clearance issues

[url=https://banks-nearme.com/td-bank-near-me]td bank branch[/url]

ElShalimo

What’s this banks near me malarkey?

iainc

^^^ dunno, came off my postimage link, bit odd..

ElShalimo

It’s up above too 🤔

iainc

^^^^ I see my bike pic and that text beneath it and when I click the picture it goes to the postimage page. Dunno what others see ?

bigbaz0066
    Free Member

SKS Speedrockers on mine. Easy to fit, easy to take off, look okay.

funkmasterp

@iainc are your guards with the stock tyres and wheels? I have the same bike and could do with some guards. I was going to get a set of full guards, but no idea which ones will fit.

iainc

^^^ yes, all stock. Ideally the guards would be a few mm wider but they are good enough for road spray and muck on gravel paths. Big bonus is they go on and off in seconds and don’t rub on anything.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Gravel bike with mudguards’ is closed to new replies.