Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Show me your Gary Fisher Big Sur
  • ackie
    Free Member

I'm tempted by that long top for my lanky frame…

How do they shape up compared to Stumpjumpers, Trek 9500s, Giant XTCs etc?

Cheers

mtbfix

I've just dismantled my Ziggurat (the alloy/carbon frame from before they dropped the carbon tails) and have no pics. It is/was a sweet ride and a 24" top tube in a 17.5" frame size gave plenty of space for my 6' frame.

acorlett

Can't comment on the others, but as a 6'4" guy, my 21" GF Bitter's long top tube makes it the most natural feeling bike I've ever sat on. I've ridden a 22.5" frame Giant NRS and it didn't feel as good.

sting
    Free Member

I've just recently purchased some parts to pimp out a 2010 Big Sur frame. That i received through the excellent Garyfisher warranty. I had a modified GF Wahoo, which i absolutely loved. Over the last ten years i've had Four good trek Hardtails. But none of them as good as the wahoo. I just hope the Big Sur is as good as. Once the build is complete, I'll post the piccie. All the best with the decision making Ackie 🙄

ackie
    Free Member

Thanks Sting. There are some good deals on Gary fishers around at the moment.
    Can't wait to see the pics!

fruitbat

Here's my 17.5" 2007 model – absolutely smashing. Son of fruitbat has a 19.5" and Mrs. fruitbat has a 17.5" GS one

StirlingCrispin

Here's my 2002 model on the summit of Ben Cleuch.

Superb bike with a lovely ride and gave me a lot of confidence (which has only gone downhill since). I sold it in 2006 because I found it all a bit bland and I got offered a bargain on something titaniumy.

sting
    Free Member

My first picture at last – i had a pimped out wahoo before, this is my first bigsur – can't wait to ride the baby !

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

I love my Big Sur .
    It's an old original Vbrake one . After much use /abuse I've just recently nitromors'd the frame . Well most of it . My buddy's gonna do me some stickers . Blah blah blah .
    I went out on it on Sunday for the first time in a while . Yea , theyre looong . Mine , being the older one is a bit tricky at lower speeds , but bombing fast downhill it's ace .
    In my , er , quiver , I have a mullett . Technically it's my son's,but I bought it , so technically technically , it's mine. It's ace .
    Big fan of the Fish .

Oh , sack those tyres off . But yea . Ace .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Gary Fisher Big Sur’ is closed to new replies.