• This topic has 188 replies, 115 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by aP.
Viewing 29 posts - 161 through 189 (of 189 total)
  • show me your fast cars!
  • rsl1
    Free Member

I think fast is subjective. Plenty of German repmobiles would beat my Celica T-Sport to 60, but would they be screaming at 8200rpm when they got there? One of the fastest cars I’ve driven is probably an X5 40d, but I can guarantee it would have been spanked all over on this 2000 mile roadtrip round all the UKs best roads (Also it swallows my bike whole).

http://imgur.com/V8qwKzu
    http://imgur.com/cnEUHGp

(I give up)

rsl1
    Free Member

Got there in the end,but not before post timeout
    Somewhere in snowdonia:

That EVO triangle layby (yes that’s a heavily modded 850i):

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Yeah, down from about 1200kg to just over 900kg. Different front suspension and subframe. Different rear axle and suspension. Racing fuel cell. Smaller and lighter batteries. Light weight spoked wheels. Aluminium bonnet, wings and tailgate. It all adds up.

Fun!

KidCragg
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    FWIW, my Tuna is Northway in Aldermaston

Mine’s John West.

POSTED 2 DAYS AGO #

Bravo Wwaswas!

Kryton57

I want a fast car now.

Whats the best way to get a Dad’s mid life crisis? Soup up my 120d Please feel free to suggest an alternative that has Motorway MPG, stunning good looks and can be a lot of fast fun…

I sat in a 3 series touring 340i at the weekend… nice.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just keep on buying stuff you don’t need Kryton, then telling us that you’re not doing that any more.

Sundayjumper

An RS4, same as last time ? Or was that the time before last. I think we’re all losing track.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Cars are all way too fast these days, they are just not fun anymore. Not on our roads anyway……and who wants to take their pride and joy on a track and risk damaging it? 7.5 secs 0-60 and 120mph top end is all you need, with some decent handling as a given.

Kryton57

Just keep on buying stuff you don’t need Kryton, then telling us that you’re not doing that any more.

Man o’pause? Can’t you spot a tongue in cheek comment when you see one?

julians
    Free Member

I want a fast car now.

[quote]Soup up my 120d[/quote]

surely the pragmatic way of dealing with this, given that you have a 1 series is to go out and swap it for an m135i? or if you want something bigger then a 335/340?

Given the way my m135 has depreciated since I bought it, it must be possible to get a good one for 15-20k.

Jehosophat
    Free Member

Found an appropriate picture of it for this forum (at CYB, with Thule bars on)…. XFR, >500 bhp, so yes “quick enough”.

I don’t subscribe to the “you can’t enjoy it on the road” argument either, more performance is more useful on the road than on track, where I’d prefer a lightweight and fairly basic-engined track special to a supercar any day. You can enjoy it on the road, without driving at lunatic speeds.

Edukator
    Free Member

I think rsi’s photo demonstrates how much “fun” a fast car is on a public road. Truck followed by camper/caravan and everybody 10mph under the national speed limit where if the road were clear and speed limits didn’t exist “fun” would start at 90mph plus in the cars in the layby.

Pointless.

slowbloke
    Free Member

Rockape63 – Member
    who wants to take their pride and joy on a track and risk damaging it?

There’s always track day insurance 😉

Daffy

cp – Member
    Lancaster ? My Alma Mater ! Furness.
    **High fives fellow furnessian **

These photo’s were taken in Ulverston about 200m from The Farmers.

Sundayjumper

If you look at the number of circuits around the country running track days, the answer appears to be “quite a lot of people”.

But granted, they’re the folk who actually like driving their cars, rather than simply posting photos of them on the internet in an attempt to impress people they’ve never met 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

One of these, with a bit of mapping magic added.
    8)

jamesoz

1986 951. A bit rough round the edges but a 968 bottom end with some other stuff means it goes pretty well.

maxtorque

Here’s my ‘fast’car, hiding behind my c456:

Ok, more nippy than actually fast, but it still surprises a lot of people 😆

Kryton57

maxtorque – whats the real world range on that i3, my missus is considering one…

rsl1
    Free Member

Truck followed by camper/caravan and everybody 10mph under the national speed limit

Maybe, except if you have a fast car a safe overtake is just around the corner… My exact point was that the Celica is fun at sensible speeds – I actually find the refinement in new cars means I have to re-calibrate to stay under the speed limits. Just out of shot is a £250 1.1 pug 205 which was a hoot down the west coast singletrack of Scotland (To the car guys: if you’ve never been there, do!)

nixie

Rockape63 » …and who wants to take their pride and joy on a track and risk damaging it?

Me for one. My car is insured for track use, admittedly with a 1k excess but most of the damage would be covered (and excess waiver policies don’t cost that much).

Although it doesn’t have a high top end (partially down to gearing) I can’t/wont use mine anywhere near what it is capable on the road. It’s just too risky for others. On track is a different matter however, finding and exceeding its (or in reality my) limits is great fun.

Alpha1653

Oh go on then… One of these is in the family and I’m working on the owner to let me have a go! 😀

hanchurch
    Free Member

This is my bike / family bus after a trip to Dalby, the 0-60 time was done using launch control.

nickewen
    Free Member

335d? Is it stock or chipped? 4.4s to 60 is impressive either way!

hanchurch
    Free Member

Stock 335d it replaced this and is quicker, torquier and twice as economical…. does not sound as good though!
    [url=https://postimage.org/]free upload image[/url]

nickewen
    Free Member

Bloody hell – so are the numbers from BMW conservative then?! I thought they were 4.8 to 60… I’m going to have to time my 135i using launch control now! (Never even tried it before..)

hanchurch
    Free Member

Yes that was with my wife in the car an a full tank of dirty juice too!

Pz_Steve

…a hoot down the west coast singletrack of Scotland (To the car guys: if you’ve never been there, do!)

This. In any car, pretty much.

aP
    Free Member

Not mine but coming back from France yesterday was: red LaFerrari, red dented Enzo, red stickered up F40, red 288 GTO, yellow soft top (from the ugly period), and another one that was too far away to see properly.

Viewing 29 posts - 161 through 189 (of 189 total)

The topic ‘show me your fast cars!’ is closed to new replies.