• This topic has 188 replies, 115 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by aP.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 189 total)
  • show me your fast cars!
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Lots of posts on here about cars, and a number of posters appear to have some nice motors.

So heres a dedicated thead to show them off. Obviously some performance figures need included for bragging rights and to annoy those who seeth at the thought of anyone in anything more than a 1.2 lt polo being the devil

DezB
    Free Member

Can i be the first to not take this thread seriously?

weeksy

Me too then

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kryton57

Dez B, you have exactly the car i imagined you’d have.

DezB
    Free Member

I have an extremely small male part.

momo

Not proper fast, but quick enough to be really good fun, sadly long gone now, 40k in 2 years took it’s toll on both the car and me (the exhaust was less than subtle!) and I replaced it with a Golf GTD (also now long gone) which was better in every single way apart from not being fun!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/aLuQok]P1010958[/url] by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr

I always said I was happy driving sensible diesel cars as long as I had my motorbike, but since buying my house 2.5 years ago, that hasn’t been out of the garage once!

Cheeky bike photo – Cadwell track day, 9th Feb 2013, that was a very cold day!
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/dUim8d]HallBends[/url] by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

this reminds me of the bedford high street incident; a garish, heavy revving, ooh look at me lambo came to a halt at the lights, an elderly gent on the pavement, stepped over and wrapped on the window and shouted ‘bloody idiot’…. 😀

mazda 3 – currently in the garage, about 100 mph on a good day, but never done that much because i’m far to sensible.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Bikes allowed! 🙂

Think this thread may split opinion. That lambo is a bit bold for my liking!

squealer
    Free Member

Go on then, I’ll bite

bog standard carrera s, a fun car but very expensive to fix.

Rickos
    Free Member

Long time ago now, mine had a hyper space button, but didn’t pull the ladies.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Pic of which?
    The M135i running a nice map around 370bhp with 0-60mph under 5s as standard
    The GS1200LC – for comfort
    The ZX10R which is a long, long way from standard
    The ZZR1400 which will eat just about anything this side of £1m

Klunk
    Free Member

1966 mk1 1275 mini cooper s

bigfoot
    Free Member

like the clio above not that fast but quick enough to be great fun on twisty roads and track. sold it to buy this

top speed not that high but not much keeps with it round the track, 160bhp and about 450kg

bearnecessities

Spy shot.

I win.

jimjam
    Free Member

Can’t wait for all the pics of diesel vans. I’ve recently learned that they are properly fast 🙄

Drac

Maybe we make a deal.

legend
    Free Member

I’m just waiting for someone to mention a maxtorque project….

slowbloke
    Free Member

Mostly unused these days since I stopped racing and hence up for sale

submarined
    Free Member

My garage ornament. Half the turbo count it should have, more wheel and power than it needs, 0 to rebuild in under 5 minutes.

Andy_K

Coming up 9 years now, still love it.

cookiemonster27
    Free Member

Pah, Evo, 911, RX7, you all don’t know the meaning of power.

I’ve got a 1.4 TDCI Fiesta with a crack in the manifold so it letting half the ponies straight out the side before it hit’s my gargantuan 10p sized turbo.

rs
    Free Member

somewhat fast, much more fun and much more fuel efficient than my kia SUV…

muddy@rseguy

Ok then, not exactly mine but….

620kg, currently we’re getting about 330bhp, generates usable downforce at about 60mph and glues itself to the road when going faster. 0-60 currently at about 3.2s but we think we can pare this down a bit more…it’s very, very fast…. 8)

Oh and it’ll do 40mpg when you aren’t pushing it 😉

somafunk

Not fast by modern standards at all but helluva good fun to drive on a twisty road and something you take out on a run just for the smiles.

1984 Golf GTI with a ABT tuned 16v engine and close ratio gearbox with quaife diff, Bilstein B12 shocks/eibach springs and anti roll bars/fully polybushed, uprated brakes. 192bhp and 168lbft torque.

And purely to irk jimjam 😉 , my 1.6tdi caddy – remapped to 148bhp and 224lbft torque, not exactly quick but can surprise a few hot hatches. Considering a new turbo/ stainless exhaust and intercooler to give a bit more poke.

jimjam
    Free Member

And purely to irk jimjam ,

Thanks for making me feel special x o.

matt_outandabout

Klunk and somafunk win the thread imo.

colournoise

Sadly don’t have this anymore (and couldn’t find a better photo easily).

Renaultsport Megane 225 with the Cup chassis. Most fun car I’ve ever driven. 0-60 in 6 seconds (more than quick enough for non-track activities) and cornered like a kart.

In terms of a balance between cost, real-world quickness and practicality not sure there was much better at the time.

VERY thirsty though…

DezB
    Free Member

Nice to see some other tiny-willy folk coming out to play
    That lambo is a bit bold for my liking!
    Jealous people always slag my motor

bigG
    Free Member

Not massively fast, but certainly pretty rapid and about as quick as I reckon I can actually use on UK roads.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/FuSV4R]Untitled[/url] by Graeme Matheson, on Flickr

tpbiker
    Free Member

Nice to see some other tiny-willy folk coming out to play

worried about your obsession with member’s ‘members’ dez. Maybe start a thread asking for pics? 😉

in fairness some of these cars could be had for the price of a blinged up santa cruz. I know what id rather spend my cash on!

Kryton57

Mine:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/xKXx6V]VehicleImage[/url]

Standard 120d MSport, 0-60 7.7secs loads of torque yet easy 55mpg+. It was originally a gap filler but now after its more practical, sensible and fun than I first thought, I’m seriously considering the £300 remap to 225bhp/420nm and keeping it.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

that reminds me, I need my hair cutting.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

More downforce than power here

slowbloke
    Free Member

tpbiker
    in fairness some of these cars could be had for the price of a blinged up santa cruz. I know what id rather spend my cash on!

My evo was actually slightly less than my 5010 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Love the stealth White Van !!

TheGingerOne

Still have a very soft spot for my BMW 130i, so replaced it’s replacement (Yeti) with it’s bigger brother, the E91 330i Touring last year 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I currently have a rental.

Which we know are the fastest cars around.

…but it’s not actually that bad.

olly2097
    Free Member

yeah I know its a Saxo. Tis a VTS though. weighs nothing. sticks like glue. sooooooo much fun. so misaligned in terms of image.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not fast but a lot of fun. URL from Flickr mobile app not working.

Smart Roadster

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 189 total)

The topic ‘show me your fast cars!’ is closed to new replies.