Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Show me your downhill bikes. need inspiration…..
  • finners

Pics and words on your downhill bikes please….

kimbers

2006 kona stinky got the frame mega cheap on pinkbike, got the rear tuned by loco- made a big difference to the ride, everything else s/h or on sale, apart from the wheels pro2 on mavic freeridey rims rather than full on dh, ifly saddle, lg1+ guide etc managed to get the weight under 40lbs
    use it for general mucking about as well as uplifts and the odd race, did the mega on it last year with a gravity dropper, FOD uplift in a couple of weeks and morzine in july- cant wait!

finners

Low price bargain, high price fun. Nice, may see you in July then 🙂

legend
    Free Member

photo’s a bit out of date now, but you get the idea:

Untitled by mark_penman, on Flickr

Northwind

A Last Herb. Was trying to find a good-value used 224 Evo, just because I had nice 135mm wheels and 73mm cranks, when CRC stuck this frame in their sale for £700. Rude not to really. It’s built pretty light, I’m not hard on kit so I thought I’d see what happens.

toys19
    Free Member

Transition tr450, proving that no amount of money can make you a decent rider.
    In all probably cost me about 4.2K. I look now at pauls cycles who have giant glorys in small (my size) for 2250, or yt tues downhill, 1899-2499 depending on spec, I’d have the 1899. Not that I don’t love the 450, but I realised that you don’t have to spend millions. Its a fricking ace bike though, and transition USA are a frickin ace firm, lots of direct contact for advice on sizing and components and set up etc. Small enough to GAS.

tr450 small
    fox latest bellsy whistly shock
    40mm fox forks
    avid elixir 5 brakes (I’m 14 stone and they are more than man enough)
    superstar 204 mm discs
    superstar switch dh wheels
    kore bars
    superstar lock ons
    sram xo
    saint cranks
    e13 lg++ chaindevice (easily the toughest, I bent MRP’s for fun until I went e13)
    high rollers 2.5
    maxxis dh tubes, never ever ever get a puncture, 2 weeks in spain, a week in morzine, and 10 odd uk dh days on the same tubes.

davy-g
    Free Member

Trek Session 10 (AKA The Beast) , took it for a test ride and everything felt right with the bike… 50lbs of pure downhill Tractor… loving it to bits.. spent a few hundred quid on parts replacement… but for what it cost in total It was a bargain, cam with Marzocchi shivers DC forks.

honourablegeorge

That Last frame looks a proper bargain. I’d have nabbed one of those if I’d seen.

zangolin
    Free Member

Scalp with lots of gold bits

_tom_
    Free Member

Short steep and tall but it’s fun to ride.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Top notch.

duir
    Free Member

Mental

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Who else makes motorbike noises when on theirs?

toys19
    Free Member

bbrraaaawwwpp bbr bbrr brbrrr braaaawwwwwppp

xiphon
    Free Member

Orange 222 (2002). Soon to have a second Mono6 caliper, and pink/white camo wheels.

scruff
    Free Member

moniex
    Free Member

my son on his norco b line 24 in les croset:

sailor74
    Free Member

Rosss
    Free Member

2006 Norco Team DH

I paid £600 on Gumtree from Ireland. Consequently spent another £400 getting it running. Now all thats left is too see how it handles Morzine in July

ComradeD
    Free Member

that Orange is probably the ugliest bike i’ve ever seen

cookeaa

She’s basic and cheap but does the job:

Its changed a bit since this was taken but not a great deal…

Mark78
    Free Member

Here’s mine

Majority of it was secondhand, but had seen little or no use.
    The bike feels as though it’ll ride anything, shame the rider doesn’t feel the same way.

Euro
    Free Member

Euro
    Free Member

oops

GlennG
    Free Member

Moniex, loving that picture, thats the sort of thing that make me feel good about mountain biking, he looks chuffed as **** so good to see young kids out enjoying our great sport/hobbie (especially with all the protective kit).

Toys19 also a good picture, I bet the landing was all floaty lite? 😉

STATO
    Free Member

My Socom, no idea what it weighs at the moment but it was 37lb last year, but that was with a few different (but similar) parts.

Great fun, even better with an angleset and offset bushings. Been very impressed by its composure when i took it to Alwinton a few weeks ago (VERY steep and muddy track if youve not been).

Socom by dickyelsdon, on Flickr

rocketman
    Free Member

More FR than DH but I have to ride it 9 miles to the hill and then back home again

Spank bars/stem
    FSA sp
    Funn saddle
    ODI grips/bump stops
    e*thirteen guard ring
    XTR chain
    PD-M530s
    Minions f&r

Surprisingly rideable on normal trails for something so DH-orientated.

Rickos
    Free Member

My old Gemini bitsa. I think my Stumpy EVO probably has a slacker head angle!

Cannondale Gemini DH by Rick T., on Flickr

stevenieve
    Free Member

Yeti 303 RDH, now with a Cane Creek DB Air.

toys19
    Free Member

GlennG yup perfect landing. x

Chewie
    Free Member

Big bike. Turner 6 pack. Not my garden etc etc 😀 😉

Turner6Pack by Paul France, on Flickr

Bigger bike. Old school, yeti dh9.

Yeti by Paul France, on Flickr

P1000182 by Paul France, on Flickr

Just been TF T’d to keep it going!

cookeaa

Hey Chewie I used to have one like that:

I didn’t sell it to you did I?

Too much bike for me and the shock was cack, but still not a bad bike for blatting through just about anything…

cookeaa

Oh and Kimbers I just realized I was at that same race in March, in masters…

And I beat you by 4 whole seconds… 😉

Wibble89
    Free Member

Photo from when I built it in December, now just covered in mud. The faster you go the better it is! Only 1 month to go before 3 glorious months in Morzine.

carlosg
    Free Member

More bike than I’ll ever be able to use properly.

partickbateman
    Free Member

Not the best photo to show the bike but here’s my Summum. Handled everything I can throw at it and more and even got me down Champery (relatively) safely:

partickbateman
    Free Member

Edit – d’oh, double post.

Chewie
    Free Member

Cookeaa, no you didn’t sell it to me! Had mine from new. Always got on fine with the shock, but yes I agree it can handle pretty much whatever you throw at it! Never seen another one while out riding.

flyingmonkeycorps

partickbateman – Is that Ben Lomond?

grum
    Free Member

rocketman, what bike is it? Looks cool. Really want a DH bike but can’t justify it at the mo. YT Industries DH bikes look good.

And yeah pretty sure that’s Ben Lomond.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Show me your downhill bikes. need inspiration…..’ is closed to new replies.