Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Show me your CX bikes.
  • MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Looking to get one soon and need some inspiration. 😀

norcbot
    Free Member

Have a look at the moda lagato. Just got one in and whish i could justify getting one.

simondbarnes

Untitled by simondbarnes, on Flickr

tony24
    Free Member

i have a lovely looking focus mares for sale in the classifieds only 3 rides old might be worth a look 😉

crikey
    Free Member

Got me one of these, but they are very rare now, new 2011 version out in august/september.

This is the Ultegra version;

rossrobot
    Free Member

On my phone so can’t post photo but i have a Focus Mares AX2 and love it. Mostly use it for singletrack and general exploration. So much fun and more versatile than I expected. Brakes are rubbish though if you’re used to discs.

GaryLake
    Free Member

headfirst
    Free Member

GaryL, that looks lovely! Any good as a do-it-all bike, ie. Off-road explorer, commuter and light tourer (back panniers only) as well as possibly a cross racer?!
    Was starting to think next bike would be a croix de fer, but my head is being turned…

clubber
    Free Member

dolan multicross. very happy with it.

paul78
    Free Member

bigG
    Free Member

Kona Jake the Snake, absolutely love it.

maxray
    Free Member

White Castle II by Sush Kelly, on Flickr

GaryLake
    Free Member

GaryL, that looks lovely! Any good as a do-it-all bike, ie. Off-road explorer, commuter and light tourer (back panniers only) as well as possibly a cross racer?!
    Was starting to think next bike would be a croix de fer, but my head is being turned…

I’d say its strength is its offroad manners. I largely ride it instead of an MTB if I want to link up some more spreadout/less ridden trails.

Not fitted a rack though but have run it with slicks and some SKS race blades – super smooth ride and the slack angles make it very stable (some would say slow to turn) so I’d wager it would be great with the full rack and pannier setup. Racer? Bit heavy with discs – 23.5lb as above but the Cotic wheels alone are 2.2kg with skewers. 23c tyres bring it down to 21.5. I reckon with new wheels 21.5lb with cross tyres and discs is perfectly doable without spending big money – I think sub 20lb is going to cost you somewhat.

The Croix de Fer is very good, the X is just a bit more special and lighter (tested both for about 6 months)

[video]http://vimeo.com/23672452[/video]

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

maxray
    Free Member

Nice video sir!

headfirst
    Free Member

Cheers Gary, that was very helpful. Racing would be more ‘give it a go’ than competitive…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Plannet – X Special..

105 & Full Carbon loveliness..

raddaz
    Free Member

here’s my salsa la cruz.

Untitled on Flickr

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Mine before I had even ridden it

andytherocketeer

Not the best angle. Droessiger frame. Think the frame cost about €180 new, including paint+decals (from a pretty sizable range).

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

teetosugars, really like your Guerciotti. Did you build it your self or was it done by Planet X?

Tony, not looking to get one until about October time otherwise I would be very interested.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Mulletus Maximus – Member
    teetosugars, really like your Guerciotti. Did you build it your self or was it done by Planet X?

To be honest, I bought the frame from them, bought the 105 from Ribble in their sale, and then took it all along to my LBS ( Royles in Wilmslow) and handed it over to them..

rossrobot
    Free Member

Here’s mine – glad I got one with the second set of brake levers on the flat part of the bar. Helps my confidence hugely off-road.

I do like the look of that Cotic X above. Would make a nice set with my Soul.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Lovely Cotic X there!

Does anybody know the weight of the fork? Would have thought that there was some potential weight loss there by going carbon?

Paul78 – What wheels are those?

GaryLake
    Free Member

Don’t know the fork weight but I’ve got the Carbon one on there.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

OK, thanks, the Cotic website states a steel fork is provided.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Also, I’ve hopefully got an FSA SL-K crankset with proper CX ratios coming so reckon there could be a good half pound difference between it and 105.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Last years race bike, now demoted to road riding and turbo training duties.

resisted
    Free Member

ARCX by re5i5ted, on Flickr

That’s mine. Only changes are the addition of some mud. Only way I’d ever replace it is if they did a version with a disk mount, other than that, I love it.

charliedontsurf

Somewhere near belgium, but might be france as I have onions on my bars

thegreatape
    Free Member

Like that Yeti. What’s with the top tube shape? Functional or aesthetic?

resisted
    Free Member

Like that Yeti. What’s with the top tube shape? Functional or aesthetic?

Ta, It’s to allow more comfortable shouldering apparently. It’s of great help at the 3 styles and kissing gates I encounter on my way to work!

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

I have a Genesis Vapour X

ourmaninthenorth

Sorry about the link, not about to try to stick these in Flickr:

This is my Uncle John before I bought it (I paid “250 a couple of weeks ago..!). Yet to ride it (needs a saddle, and I need the time). Some changes will be needed before the cross season (new bars and stem change tyres).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Planet-X-Uncle-John-CX-Bike-52cm-/150545970308?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item230d3d3484

EDIT: this is my SS cross bike. Based on an old Holdsworth road frame. For sale if anyone’s interested…

Coleman
    Free Member

Whooooh! Some nice bikes on here. The Yeti looks so hot!
    Can’t have a cx thread without my old TCX so here goes.

sefton
    Free Member

love the cotic – tell me more – did you fit the discs? would discs be much heaver than v’s

whats it like compared to a average xc hardtail?

flip
    Free Member

How much for that Holdsworth???

ourmaninthenorth

How much for that Holdsworth???

Mail me and we’ll sort something out. It’s a 52cm, btw, but a nice long 54.5 toptube.

DezB
    Free Member

NOOOO!!! Don’t do this to me!
    My new commute is 15miles, half road and half offroad and I NEED a cross bike for it!
    Now I see all these! A COTIC! A YETI!

I hate you all!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Show me your CX bikes.’ is closed to new replies.