show me your cx bikes

Home Forum Bike Forum show me your cx bikes

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • show me your cx bikes
  • Premier Icon davetrave
    Subscriber

Can’t do pics from work but got a 2014 Felt F5X just before Christmas – great bike, Avid cable discs, etc. Not raced on it yet unfortunately but been training in the local woods around Minley and it’s a great bike – can’t wait for the next ‘cross season.

Light, snappy, stiff and all-round good, muddy ‘cross fun – so much better than my last ‘cross bike (Cube Cross Race) as it’s just that little bit more aggressive in geometry and sharper in handling, as well as having a carbon frame that is so much more comfortable through the seatstays despite the additional stiffness at the BB. The SRAM drivetrain wouldn’t have been my first choice but am quickly getting used to it and it’s working out fine. The frame’s eminently upgradeable too when the time, and funds, allows.

metters

Charge Freezer Ti 🙂

simondbarnes

Got a Felt F65x last year and really like it. It’s changed a bit since I got it – ditched the Sram for Shimano, replaced the BB5s with TRP Spyre (the BB5 worked really well but fancied trying the TRPs) and have recently replaced the wheels with A2Z hubs, Stan’s Crest and Sapim CX-Ray (the stock hubs were awful)

It’s been used for racing, commuting and social rides.

bigbeard

Here’s my Guercotti all set up for a trip to Belgium to watch the Ronde Van Vlaanderen this weekend (woohoo!).

It also gets raced and used as a winter bike.

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Subscriber

Excitedly opened this thread expecting to see some nice CX bikes but then read this…

commute

Thankfully still some racey numbers posted 🙂 That freezer is lovely.

clubber

I have a Chinese carbon frame which is the same design as the Fuji Altamira Disc/CX 1.x. Very happy with it for both on and offroad.

craigxxl

Planet X XLS Flanders

Premier Icon darrell
    Subscriber

gonna be buying one in the next weeks. No idea which brand or model yet. I have a new job and my commute is 15 mins by boat across the fjord to the town and 5 mins to the office and then coming home a nice 30km route down the fjord over some hills and drop down in to the next fjord and home. 15km is offroad mixed surface. A cx bike is ideal.

so inspire me a little. Currently looking at Felt and Fuji. They are easy to get here in the lbs

racefaceec90

craigxxl how do you find your planet x bike? (they do look like great value) not that i can afford one at present 🙂

Premier Icon kiwijohn
    Subscriber
    craigxxl

It’s a great bike, stiff but comfortable too. 57cm frame fits me perfect at 6′ tall. Collects a bit of mud around the front derailleur but shifts without a problem. I was a bit sceptical about their own brand wheels but again no problems with them.
    My first complete bike from Planet-X/On One and it’s one of the best built up bikes I’ve had which being as picky as myself is a compliment to their bike mechanics.
    Only problem I have is that you can’t fit mudguards and even SKS race blades don’t fit due to the rear brake and derailleur cable/hose routing, probably same with all CX bikes without eyelets.

Premier Icon porter_jamie
    Subscriber

dirty disco. i love it, but the wheels are a bit heavy – on the lookout for some nicer ones

LS

These spend a large proportion of their time fighting that Charge up there ^

clubber

even SKS race blades don’t fit due to the rear brake and derailleur cable/hose routing

Couple of zip ties and if necessary a ‘dummy’ bit of brake outer so that it matches the other side (that actually has a brake cable) underneath and it’ll work fine.

bikebouy

TCX Advanced, not my pic because I’m not posting pics from flickr anymore..
    It’s
    Ace 😀

crispycross

It’s an aluminium Crux, 2011 model. As seen in the pic, it was 7.75 kg. I raced it last season and loved it – made me wonder what all the fuss with carbon frames was about.

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

had this for years, but sold it last Autumn

and got this instead

[/url][/img]

Jamie

@bikebouy

That about £3k worth? That and the Niner RLT make me want to sell a kidney.

Anyway, here’s mine:

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Subscriber

@bikebouy, I am sorely tempted! (Jamie, yup, 3k retail.)

bikerbruce

mine.. Usually Chasing the Fossa and the Charge

scud

Known as the “Snot Rocket” here is mine, will never be a race machine and shown here with 28c road tyres, but great for commuting, bit of off road and winter road duties.

Premier Icon sefton
    Subscriber

It’s an aluminium Crux, 2011 model. As seen in the pic, it was 7.75 kg. I raced it last season and loved it – made me wonder what all the fuss with carbon frames was about.

did you suffer from mud build up at the BB area (with the chainstay bridge)?

carbon cx frames ‘a luxury item’ 😉

Paul Milne & Columbus xwing – Ritchey WCS forks – TRP Euro’s (pretty simple stuff)

jools182

Clubber

Have you got a link to where you bought the frame from?

Jamie

I think he got it from here, Jools.

trickydisco

race mode

Considering 1×10 absolute black set up

Premier Icon cinnamon_girl
    Subscriber

Here’s mine with a different chainset:

trickydisco

Yea. saw that sefton.. Sorry for thread hijack but wondering either

42 with 11-32 (mtb mech)

or 38 with 11-28

11-32 would give me a good range but worried that they are too spaced apart

Premier Icon sefton
    Subscriber

I was thinking 38/ 11-28

I know sora do a mech that allows 32 as a guy from our club runs 1×10 (top 5 vet too)

he has no trouble but I’m not sure about long cages hanging down.

londonerinoz

MikeWW, what make would that be? :o. Or is it no brand and you came up with own “For me” stickers?

Just ribbing, I like white bikes, and I even like big logos and Cervelos unlike so many here.

bikebouy

Yup £3k. 😕

I’d been looking for ages for a CX’er that will not just allow me to start in earnest racing, but hack along the South Downs I do currently on my Niner. Looked at all sorts, custom builds from Condor and such like, I ordered mine (Dec13, received a week later)
    Also, being a ponce, I like a bike to look nice too. Some CX’ers are a bit bulky in seat stays etc. and also for some reason look a bit “long”. Of course I know why this is, but hey I have to like the look.
    So, bored one day, popped over to Giant in St Pauls (London) and ended up not only chatting about bikes in general but Roadies and CX’ers too. I was looking at the time to replace my Parlee Roadie so the TCR and Propel were of interest. I simply turned the corner of one of their booths and there was this TCX, only one left in the country at the time, just so happened to be the right size and exactly what I was looking for, deposit placed there and then.
    I borrowed for a test ride an Ali TCX2 for a day whilst they fettled the Advance and thats a mighty fine bike as well, had I not been slammed over the head by the Advance’s looks I would have bought the TCX2 in white/orange (£2.2k IIRC)
    I’ve ridden it hard over Xmas and a few times since, but I’ve been plagued by the SRAM recall and whilst I don’t really GAS about recalls in general this one has kept me off the bike. No way was I changing my brakes for cables, I chose to wait for the Hydro replacements which have yet to appear but are imminent I’m told.
    Ride: Light, flicky, makes your heart pump and legs fall off. Bloody brilliant for the trails I normally ride my Niner on and is very very capable indeed. I’ve yet to ride it in anger racing but I do look forward to that soon or when the brakes have been replaced and the trails dry up a bit.
    As is I’ve just taken delivery of a Cervelo R5ca which will keep me bouncing the hills 😀

Edit: I’ve changed the tyres for Griffo’s and now it looks the bits.

LS

trickydisco – Member
    Yea. saw that sefton.. Sorry for thread hijack but wondering either

42 with 11-32 (mtb mech)

or 38 with 11-28

11-32 would give me a good range but worried that they are too spaced apart

Aren’t you the guy who was telling us all last year that we need a 46t to get anywhere? 😆

clubber

jools182 – Member
    Clubber

Have you got a link to where you bought the frame from?

Thanks Jamie 🙂

Do a search on here on “MC098” – in short it’s from Miracle/Ican on Aliexpress

antigee

my drop bar hybrid Kinesis pro6 soon to be rebadged as a café et gravel tourer

taking the long way home as you can – apologies for the mirror and completely the wrong tyres – have a 2nd set of wheels but can’t always plan in advance…and that is the beauty of cx style
    (and apologies to the cx race guys and gals)

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Subscriber

Bikebuoy, I really must try the new TCX. Rode last years alu one and thought the handling a bit floppy (probably the high bb.) Don’t know if this years is any different but I really want to like it! Maybe I just need to spend a bit more time with it. Also test rode a carbon crux and thought it was bloody brilliant, though the reported mud issues put me off a little.

Having said all that I should probably just buy a pro6 frame and get some Chinese carbon wheels for it.

Premier Icon sefton
    Subscriber

Dont think the carbon Crux should have any mud problems

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘show me your cx bikes’ is closed to new replies.