Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 164 total)
  • Show me your Covert
  • patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Sorry

Jamie
    Free Member

There’s no need to be sorry, Patrick.

….after all we’ll be dead soon.

….oh, and this ones for Twitter:

endurokid
    Free Member

I’m getting some great landscaping tips, ha!

passtherizla
    Free Member

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

lol if only for the fish from the simpsons.

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

This thread is amazing. 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Meanwhile at Destination X

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Nice way to derail the thread jambalaya 🙄 😉

therag
    Free Member

Another covert owner who can’t post a pic

http://pbckt.com/pf.JUm6OV

prezet
    Free Member

duntstick
    Free Member

tops5
    Free Member

And when she was new and shiny………

VanMan
    Free Member

There you go therag (hopefully!)

jwr

Jamie
    Free Member

endurokid
    Free Member

Loving all the funky edits of my bike!!

Loving the other Covert pics more!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@gofaster I don’t have the skill or creativity to join in. Anyway I expected Jamie to do something with it and he has obliged 🙂

I always claimed to be not I to bike bling but once I started with the gold I couldn’t stop. Love the black bike @VanMan, they where sold out when I got mine but I really like the white now.

banks
    Free Member

[/url]
    Untitled by rickbanks89, on Flickr[/img]

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not so glamorous but first time I’ve ridden the bike since Alps 2012 due to knee injury, she needed to get out and get a little dirty. BTW I found I needed chain stay protection top and bottom (heavy tubes) and paint chips from chain slap where quite bad even with Blackspire chain device.

endurokid
    Free Member

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Oh this is golden….

@jamba – I’m just pulling your pisser, man 😉

endurokid
    Free Member

endurokid
    Free Member

FFS 😳 🙄

endurokid
    Free Member

Jambalaya, I know what you mean about using two chainstay protectors, I’ve done that from new, although I have to say, the paint does seem quite tough.

endurokid
    Free Member

Rick, where was that pic taken mate?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Instructions:
    1 – upload to tinypic

2 – copy the text under “IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards” – ie “(IMG)http://i41.tinypic.com/35ivbx0.jpg(/IMG)” though with []’s not ()’s – I can’t type the whole thing or it’ll show the pic twice

3 – paste ONLY THAT into your STW reply text box [don’t press the IMG button]

4 – enjoy

ie

(IMG)http://i41.tinypic.com/35ivbx0.jpg(/IMG) =

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Here’s mine. And before someone says its been photo-shopped, its a 29er so the wheel’s havn’t been enlarged! Am I the only Covert 29er owner in the UK?

image by wobbliscott, on Flickr

endurokid
    Free Member

Anymore 29ers out there?!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I, just, uhh, oh…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Oh no, no silly buggers there at all 😉

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

No, wait, what?

banks
    Free Member

somewhere in the pyrenees aaron, went away with basque mtb early this year.

endurokid
    Free Member

Nice, lucky bugger!

maccruiskeen

jambalaya
    Free Member

@eurokid – I wouldn’t say the paint is tough – it rubbed off when on a single uplift van, rubbed off under crank where cable touches, few decent dings in upper chain stay till I covered it. Now this was when being used in Alps which is pretty tough on the bike but that was in just a few days. I had an old Reign (2006) before and the finish on that was much more robust

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I don’t think the paint is that tough either. IT started to rub off afer a few drives with the bike in a Thule 591 carrier. I’ve now put heli-tape on the contact points. Also the supplied touch up paint is very thin and I can’t get a decent covering without it dripping no matter how thin I try to apply it. I’ve just resigned myself to the fact that in a couple of years time it’ll need a re-spray if i’m that bothered about its appearance, but to be honest i’m not that precious about it, I use it and accept that in the act of using it, it will pick up bumps, scrapes and damage. I’ll take reasonable steps to protect it but wont go anal over it.

endurokid
    Free Member

I’m OCD with my bikes so they get covered in tape and polished after every ride!

Not had any chips yet but the rear hose did wear through the tape on my headtube after riding solid for 3 days in Scotland. I also use a Thule 561 fork mounted carrier so thankfully I don’t have to worry about frame rub, and the bike seems to be more secure.

Don’t get me wrong, if I scratch it when riding then so be it, afterall, I’m a mountain biker in the uk and the weather doesn’t help! I just hate uneccesary marks that can be avoided. (Cue further abuse!)

jambalaya
    Free Member

gofasterstripes – Member
    @jamba – I’m just pulling your pisser, man

I know, no offence taken

@eurokid – I am a big fan of pride in ownership

@wobliscott – you might be the only person to admit to owning one ! Nirvana Cycles where I got my Covert had a Bandit 29er as a demo which looked pretty good I have to say.

banks
    Free Member

Raw frame here & the lacquer has rubbed off pretty easy but touching it up with clear nail varnish seems to help.

66deg
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong, if I scratch it when riding then so be it, afterall, I’m a mountain biker in the uk and the weather doesn’t help! I just hate uneccesary marks that can be avoided. (Cue further abuse!)

Right there with you on that one , if my bike looks beaten up from use that’s just the scar’s of life but damage in transit is annoying.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 164 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Covert’ is closed to new replies.