Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)
  • Show me your……. Bling Single Speeds!
  • sofaking
    Free Member

blimey theres some tat on this thread

miketually
    Free Member

One mans bling is another mans mass produced steel hardtail. I think the green On One looks great.

My white, battered On-One looks great. And it is. But it ain't bling.

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

Thanks soma_rich… more importantly though how on earth do you get the pic to embed like that from Flickr!?

Thought 150mm might be a little much (hence U-Turn), i quickly found out that its an awesome ride at that travel though!

maxray
    Free Member

That Penance Ultraniche SS69 belt drive one is streets ahead of all the others. So so nice! Reminds me of a Velocette… mmm how does it ride?

soma_rich
    Free Member
    shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

I do the blah blah blah thing but it never seems to work…. most odd

miketually
    Free Member

I do the blah blah blah thing but it never seems to work…. most odd

It's not odd, you're just doing it wrong.

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

Cheers miketually… very constructive 🙂

Not sure what u can do wrong though.. copy and paste image source into the correct bracket bits… worked before just not anymore. I was blaming Flickr, although it is far more likely to be me!

soma_rich
    Free Member

You know the image source/url is

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4035/4492528535_3f52529ce9.jpg

then you type :

[ img ] http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4035/4492528535_3f52529ce9.jpg [ / img ]

Without the spaces.

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

Ahhh, i think i see where i have gone wrong, although not sure where the

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4035/4492528535_3f52529ce9.jpg

comes from, the source i get doesn't look like that! I'll just continue to play, sure i`ll figure it out, cheers for the help!

It appears we have hijacked this thread a little bit… back to nice SS 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

stevek's is my favourite, nice clean lines on that 🙂

To throw an ugly spanner in the works here's my singlespeed. It must be bling, the sun glistens off the chrome bits!

Depending how much use it gets after uni it'll be sold/traded for a proper SS, either an MTB or SS road bike (Charge Plug!).

MrSparkle

unique frame (surely to God there can't be another?!)
    titanium handlebar
    rare dynamo front hub
    how bling do you want your singlespeed?

adeward
    Free Member

pauls wheels ti bits inc frame discs bolts

postierich
    Free Member

What!!! 54 posts and No IF tat yet

peteimpreza

Wokboy must be polishing his towel rail.

donks
    Free Member

Ok so it's not quite up there with the uber bling beardy singlespeeds but there's not too many around and I have a little dog in the pic so that's got to count in my favour.

epicyclo

maxray – Member
    That Penance Ultraniche SS69 belt drive one is streets ahead of all the others. So so nice! Reminds me of a Velocette… mmm how does it ride?

Funny you should mention Velocette. Ex owner here.

The Penance as shown handles slightly better than a wheelbarrow at low speed. Once it's tooling along it's fine.

That problem is down to sticking a 29er wheel on it with a suspension corrected 26" fork. Pushes the headangle out too far, and the fork offset is wrong.

So now it has a new fork. (Sorry about the mud on it – I was testing it in some bogholes)

It now handles much better. I reckon I could drop the front another 10mm with a bit more judicious modification of the frame (spare 5mm in headtube) and lower the crown race further down the steerer (5mm).

I'll consider that when testing the springer fork tomorrow. I'm taking it around the 'Puffer course.

miketually
    Free Member

That looks even more awesome!

AJ
    Free Member

OMG eaqlly that wins that is awesome i want it please

donks
    Free Member

I want another go…the first image was too small.

ken_shields
    Free Member

epicyclo

I like that a lot…..that Moots is nice but that is special

Reminds me of one of these

fontmoss
    Free Member

Clembo
    Free Member

I always enjoy seeing that Fisher!

I thought my 853 simple was resaonably bling but obviously not 😥 My wallet thought it was bling enough.

oldgit
    Free Member

Mmmmm Argony

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

waiting on a brooks b72 saddle to come up on ebay.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Cheers Clembo, the parts have come together over several years and then when the frame came up last year I sold camera kit to fund it. Can barely find the time to ride it though :'(

Clembo
    Free Member

No worries. I know what you mean about finding time to ride. I try and "make" time to ride but that never seems to work

cullen-bay
    Free Member

epicyclo- im about to head out on the puffer, if i bump into you i want a shot! will I post the picture of andy riding it in the square? 😕

The Penance looks better in the flesh folks and it didnt ride all that badly around the car park 😀

This is my "bling singlespeed":

Oli-B
    Free Member

No doubt I can look forward to some "your bike's worth less than £5000, so it's rubbish" type comments. Hey ho.

Oli

fontmoss
    Free Member

bling bike or not theres no danger it'd be allowed to hump my couch

_tom_
    Free Member

fontmoss' wins the thread, although I'm intrigued by that Dialled. Need more pics!

firestarter
    Free Member

neither of these are bling but i like them, lots

edit.. that said they are carbon cranks on the crosscheck if that counts 😉

fontmoss
    Free Member

to be fair there are a fair few who havent posted eg sss, sheldon and Dr Jon to name a few Id swap with

poppa
    Free Member

Blinglespeeds?

Oli-B
    Free Member

bling bike or not theres no danger it'd be allowed to hump my couch

It gets a bit randy sometimes!

In truth, I thought I'd just go for something a bit different from the usual "in garage"/"against plain wall"/"on trail"/"in garden" options. The sofa's not only ugly, but uncomfortable too, so I wasn't going to worry too much for its sake!

Oli

witty.name
    Free Member

Heres my IF tat.

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3321/4620954255_37388a332a_b.jpg[/img]

epicyclo

cullen-bay – Member
    epicyclo- im about to head out on the puffer, if i bump into you i want a shot! will I post the picture of andy riding it in the square?

Nah, don't post a pic of Singlespeed Carbon Andy – he's still a closet SSer

Besides, you know he'll make you really really suffer next training session 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

witty.name, now that's a bling singlespeed! Tell me that's a King Ti headset and an Erikson 'Sweetpost' and I'll give you my vote as the winner 🙂

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Some very nice bikes in here, thanks for your responses and keep um coming!

My new Fox forks have arrived today as well as a matching rear tyre – lol.

I have to decide on finishing kit (bars, stem seat post), I all ready have brakes I want to keep and I have decided on the wheels. Just need the funds to finish it!!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Show me your……. Bling Single Speeds!’ is closed to new replies.