Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • Show me your……. Bling Single Speeds!
  • Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Show me your bling single speeds, not the ones you put together with old parts but the ones you spend lots of money on getting right with top of the range parts.

I have decided to upgrade mine as it's the bike I ride the most and it helped when Mike at Dialled told me my frame was only one of 200 ever made so she deserves it!! Bought some new forks, now all I need is everything else 😀

epicyclo

Penance Ultraniche SS69 belt drive.

Created specially for SSUK.

Will have a different front fork by then – probably a Girvin 🙂

Also a drum brake on the back as well.

I'm trying to max out my niche points because my beard won't be long enough.

J0N
    Free Member

I really like that. Gorgeous! Reminds me of a classic racing motorbike. Well done!

sam-r
    Free Member

epicyclo – now that is a niche bike 8)

what frame etc? Budget (v cool) or bling (less so)?

ps. on the Girvin front, later ones – post K2 takeover – had a coil shock (elastomers collapse over time) but not sure if these came polished… nothing that couldn't be rectified given time/patience, which you appear to have.

ononeorange

Nice. Good Middleburns too.

Clembo
    Free Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/Clembo/CoticSimple.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5Dnull

My Cotic Simple, not sure if its bling but cost me plenty (dont tell the wife!)

Magura Durin Race forks
    Hope hubs (SS rear) on dt 4.2
    Chris King Headset
    Middleburn Uno
    Hope x2 brakes
    Thompson Finishing kit
    Gobi saddle
    Nuke proof bars

Great service from the 18 bikes boys by the way 🙂

It rides so light, espicially as I came from quite a heavy P7. The new Michelin dry tyres have made it even faster.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Kindof mainstream bling…… 😉
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/31451585@N08/4606236174

if somebody could oblige, I can't post piccys from my phone

epicyclo

sam r – Member
    epicyclo – now that is a niche bike
    what frame etc? Budget (v cool) or bling (less so)?

£29 for the frame, that budget enough? 🙂

At the moment it steers slightly better than a wheelbarrow until it is up to speed. May have to find a way to drop the steering head if I keep the 29er wheel. May bring it down to a 650b, cut the fork, and remove the bottom 5mm of the head tube. I'm sure that would be worth more niche points 🙂 Alternatively I could build up a 650b for the back to level the bike out – it might just squeeze in. Mmm 29er/650b combo…

Otherwise it's the Girvin – or the Look Fournales, but that's black and not shiny. I may even put on a chrome springer cruiser fork.

sam_commencal
    Free Member

My on-one inbred singlespeed.
    Carbon forks, gold KMC chain, white elixir brakes, soon to have red hope hubs 🙂

tang
    Free Member

ok not mine but i had it for a couple of weeks and im working on trying to buy it (with little luck)
    swift frame
    pace carbon 29er fork (with sag is ok, looks better with the singulars)
    middleburn uno 32
    king ss wheelset, king 20 sprocket built by jeff jones
    king headset, king ti bottle cage
    marta sls, xtr pedals
    thomson stem/post and easton monkylites (flats on now)

BigDummy
    Free Member

Epicyclo, that is really quite something. 😀

oldgit
    Free Member

Anyone seen my old Nicolai factory custom singlespeed, sold it to someone down south who was going to Rolhoff it?

MrSmith
    Free Member

taiwanese made £200 stovepipe frames are not bling no matter how much bike jewelry you throw at them.

sssimon
    Free Member

worst pic ever but can't find the better ones

blam!

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

There seems to be a lot of middleburn cranks, I was thinking SLX or XT, explain to me why I should be thinking Middleburn?

tragically1969
    Free Member

Because by the time you have bought the SLX chainset and a decent SS chainring you are within £20 of the price of a SS specific Middleburn, i like the look of SLX though so thats what i have.

tails
    Free Member

I can't think of any reason to go middleburn, with the exception they don't change aesthetic every 2 years.

flange
    Free Member

I think my 'Burns are lighter, but that could be bollocks. Plus they look better

STATO
    Free Member

epicyclo – got any more pics? thinking of getting one of those frames for the GF. Whats the sizing like? quality of finish etc.

Cheers,
    Nice build too,
    Rich.

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Not a great pic either …

Polished XTR M960 cranks for me, chopped down like the Jeff Jones ones.

qwerty
    Free Member

Kona JtS, with WI Eccentric Eric rear hub

Bedds
    Free Member

Scandal Frame..
    Thomson seat post and stem
    Ritchey Carbon bars
    Hope Hoops with DT swiss rims
    Chris King headset
    Hope QR's
    Reba forks

😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

bigsi
    Free Member

Oldgit – How long ago did you sell it, mate of mine rode a Nic that he had Rolhoffed. Looked exactly the same as that but it was at least 3yrs ago now 😕

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

Have a Tranny

now with SID Teams on instead of the over-noodly Nukeproof carbons

epicyclo

STATO – Member
    epicyclo – got any more pics? thinking of getting one of those frames for the GF. Whats the sizing like? quality of finish etc.

There will be more pics as it progresses. The steering means I have to change the fork. I need to drop the front end a bit to get the head angle right – not easy when using a 29er wheel on a bike intended for 26" (Being a cruiser frame there's no suspension correction which also makes it trickier to get the angle.)

I'm not calling it the Ultraniche without good reason 🙂

Look for bankrupt on eBay. Sizing seems comparable with a mtb – this is 18", and my mtbs are 18" and it seems the same.

Quality of finish on the one I got was raw, but that is easily fixed with a bit of polishing. I think the frame is reasonably well made. For example when I cut the rear it did not spring apart which suggests it was welded up properly.

I should probably do a separate thread on it seeing as so many people like the idea of this bike.

BTW as setup it has a wheelbase of 43" so it won't be nippy through the technical stuff 🙂

STATO
    Free Member

cheers, non-corrected head angle might be an issue as i was hoping to fit a short sus fork to it.

Cheers for the info,
    Rich.

oldgit
    Free Member

bigsi it was the end of 2009. Mine left Nicolai as a singlespeed which simply meant no brazings and a s/s slidey drop out.

stevek
    Free Member

Here's mine.

Must get a new pic…

theflatboy
    Free Member

how much does that weigh, steve? must be absolutely **** all, as they say!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Stevek Wins….

Clembo
    Free Member

That ibis tranny is lovely.

singlespeedstu

I think some of you guys need to have a rethink on your definition of bling.

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

Does this count as bling….

P4040331

I know its only a P7 but nice bits:

2010 U-Turn Maxle Light Revelations
    Elixr CR
    Hope hoops (SP4 with Stans Flow)
    Thomson with Easton carbon bars
    CK Headset
    Atlas Cranks

Is nice, i like…

miketually
    Free Member

stevek wins, but only because singlespeedstu hasn't posted his.

69er
    Free Member

Mmmmmmm Moots! that is a lovely bike.

Spot the bike snob! singlespeedstu, take a bow! 😉 One mans bling is another mans mass produced steel hardtail. I think the green On One looks great.

singlespeedstu

I'll give you amatures a little tip.

Start with some of these then work your way outwards until you have a true blinglespeed. 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

Stevek wins…

soma_rich
    Free Member

Shorts_in_winter nice Orange!

singlespeedstu

Spot the bike snob! singlespeedstu, take a bow!

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Show me your……. Bling Single Speeds!’ is closed to new replies.