Show me your black MTBs

Home Forum Bike Forum Show me your black MTBs

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • Show me your black MTBs
  • Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

“Murdered out” look, eh?

rocketman

Haven’t got it now but I used to have a satin black Commencal. Everything on it was black apart from a Renthal Fatbar and a matching alugold Bontrager seatpost. Looked oarsum imo

Tried the coordinated doo-dahs look but tbh it looked super naff

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Subscriber

Thinking of adding a touch of colour on the rest of the build

Don’t do it! And definitely don’t sprinkle it with matching anodised parts.. Also steer clear of coloured gear cable or brake hoses. If you really are a man of style and good taste and do it really well there is a slim chance that it will look ok but most likely it’ll just look rubbish.

FWIW here’s my black bike from a few years ago parked outside a pharmacy in Morzine. I’m inside buying antiseptic cream, gauze and bandages… ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Mackem

The red collar on the seatpost spoils it.

crosshair

Might be dark grey but I call it black

mark88

If you really are a man of style and good taste and do it really well there is a slim chance that it will look ok but most likely it’ll just look rubbish.

I’m currently thinking everything black with silver seatpost collar (did think about matching silver Thomson collar and post but bit OTT I think), headset and bottom bracket.
    Shiny parts are very much budget dependent.

munrobiker

I had this-

which sadly became this after a warranty job. Much preferred the more black, less colour look.

As above, no revolting anodized bits, headset caps, bars, hoses, hubs etc. They WILL look awful.

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Subscriber

I’m currently thinking everything black with silver seatpost collar (did think about matching silver Thomson collar and post but bit OTT I think), headset and bottom bracket.

It’s risky but that might just be ok.

Milkie

Matt Black frame, White Forks, Seat & Hubs, Red Chainring Bolts, Red Floating Rotors, Black n Red Chain. Although there are no red bits on this picture as it was 2 years ago, and it doesn’t look as bad as you think it would. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Agreed – avoid the anodised colour bits. Here’s mine.

Yes, the grips go against what I said. No, I’m not sure about them either.

timb34

Black/white frame
    All pretty much stock except for (black) ESI grips, (white) SPD pedals, (black&white) bottle cage and (black&silver) Deore brakes – shame about the silver.

White stickers removed from the stock wheels for more blackness.

The white paint on the frame appears to actually be tippex, so I expect it to be all removed after 2 or 3 more crashes.

mindmap3

I’ve done the whole black on black thing – my old Demo 9 was black with black 888’s with the decals removed and everything else was ano black too aside from the saddle. Looked pretty good.

My Rune is black but with some colour…I break the STW taste rules my the sound of it but I like it.

Black rune, white Bos Devilles, white and green saddle, white hoses and gear cable with green grips, chain ring and pedals.

Will try and dig a pic out so that the STW taste police can get ready to lynch me! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Premier Icon faustus
    Subscriber

If you have self respect you need to go matt black and no decals anywhere (especially wheels) and nothing white, ever. Many disagree. Ignore them.

cdoc

This colour scheme (or lack of) came about entirely by accident. Bought a frame to replace a broken full suss and everything I had that fit seemed to be either black or black and red ๐Ÿ™‚

munrobiker

My own wheel logos make me queasy sometimes.

Premier Icon BillOddie
    Subscriber

Black is bestest!

plyphon

Please no red anodized bits!

heres mines, instagram spesh:

timb34

If I cover up the saddle with my thumb I really like that..

mark88

I’ve just ordered a black carbon frame to go with black wheels and forks.
    Thinking of adding a touch of colour on the rest of the build, show me what you’ve got for inspiration.

Kit

[url=https://flic.kr/p/n9EmbV]Yeti ASR5[/url] by Ginger F0x, on Flickr

jimwah

Looks a bit grey here (terrible pic), but is black with fluoro green/yellow details. I like it, was thinking about some combo of silver seat post/collar and silver stem/bars, but I haven’t even got it muddy yet, so should probably ride it before replacing parts ๐Ÿ˜€ Also thinking amber wall tyres, but can’t decide if that’s going to look ‘right’.

Liking that Spesh timb34

mark88

Also thinking amber wall tyres, but can’t decide if that’s going to look ‘right’.

Unless you’re Nino Schurter, anything but plain black tyres look terrible.

Premier Icon firestarter
    Subscriber

Plyphon ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Initial colour coordination was accidental but I then went into overdrive ๐Ÿ™‚

Premier Icon Johnny Panic
    Subscriber

I was going to post mine up but after all the negs on here against anodised bits I’m not so sure…

Kitz_Chris

Stealthy as a stealthy thing. Any excuse to post some photos!

Premier Icon scandal42
    Subscriber

I certainly take great comfort in the fact I have done the exact opposite of what most say on here.

**** love my red anno bits :mrgreen:

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

[url=https://flic.kr/p/odFBnm]IMGP0159[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

carlos

In the garden

Local woods

Just past the miners hut after doing the Dolly Wagon

tops 5

[img]http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb11287209/p4pb11287209.jpg[/img]

Mine at Laggan

Premier Icon seadog101
    Subscriber

[/url]R0012432 by Matt1833, on Flickr[/img]

Maybe not black enough…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘Show me your black MTBs’ is closed to new replies.