Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 290 total)
  • Show me your bike vans
  • firestarter
    Free Member

your not wrong 😉

somegeezer
    Free Member

Just for Metalheart

Still looking for something more modern to run as my daily driver / bike van.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

I would LOVE a van but cant see fun control signing off on it… BUT i guess if you say its for the family / weekends away in the summer thats got to count for something 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_By42uYleqms/S3gEE5sxORI/AAAAAAAAGOY/2NJbI2w0A6Q/van.jpg[/img]

my pug partner 1.9d 56plate- 38k on the clock and silly mpg compared to my old car which did 33mpg on a good day unloaded and about 27/28 when loaded is great at about 50-55mpg – did 62 on my last long motorway trip.

roof rack is off , takes 4 bikes no bother with the wheels on , havnt tried wheels off.

its slow – but i dont care ! does 84mph flat oot but i dont care – just leave earlier and if im late im late thats the end of it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

aint quite so hot on the capacity with the 29er in there ….. that eats up the room , my merida nearly goes straight across with little angle – the 29er goes corner to corner —- oversight lol – might have to take the wheels off that one – because you need to compress the forks to get the bars through the back doors as well.

they are also pretty sweet in the ice and snow – aberdeen was mental today with lots and lots of vehicles getting stuck on north anderson drive – 2nd gear – no accelerator – lift the clutch slowely and i just cruised on through like it was a dry day 😀

AirconAde
    Free Member

T4 is the one to have. I've had mine from new (98) and it's now done 271,000 miles and never let me down. Still does over 110 leptons on private roads! 34 to the gallon. Space, Grace and Pace.
    But if you go for one make sure it's the 2.5TDI 102bhp or if you can find one a 150bhp one.
    Ade

NZCol

An update on my T5 SWB 1.9TDi – lovely thing. ABout to get the bumpers colour coded and add a set of 18" wheels to it. Has had an extra window on the drivers side added and a bench rear seat (fully certified). Had a very light aluminium frame built for the rear – two sides about 10" high and a channel in the middle – storage boxed push under with fold out seats and other gubbins, bikes sit on top fine. ABout to ply line and insulate, install the 6×9's in the rear door etc. Have done 6000ks in it already and has been superb, really frugal at about 900km to a tank which is pretty good.

Had a look at a 2006 California today at the VW dealer. It was on the yard for 6 hours before it sold for $70,000NZD – jeeeeeesus. Nice though, all electrickery roof etc and roll out awning. V nice but not enough room for me.

mandog

NZCol – how about a pic of what you've done in the back?

The bike rack thing sounds like a good idea.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Just don't get one of these. It was a right old piece of shit…

It was woefully slow and a rustbucket. A decent estate car is nearly as practical and massively better to drive/own.

NZCol

Was planning to take some photos as I progress through ripping it apart and putting it back together. Frame has been test fitted but really busy just now so will be a few onths before i do the rest – June probably !

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Just a little bump, Anyone got any really sexy Transporter Pics?

Curly68
    Free Member

My mate converts transporters. Just got his own unit now, so if you are in or near Suffolk I can give you his details. Here is a vid of an earlier conversion.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Bigface0_0 – Member
    Just a little bump, Anyone got any really sexy Transporter Pics?

Well I think it is, even if no-one else does 😀

And before anyone says anything, yes it is very flat… that's why the boards are on the roof…

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Rare rear view of our tin top Bongo.

Can get bikes inside with wheels off, but went for the pricy Thule rack. Full size Rock n Roll bed and partial conversion. Looking forwards to 3 weeks in the Alps in July.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

MMMMMmmm Transporters ))

SirJonLordofBike1
    Free Member

I've been running a 2.5 diesel lwb transit (R reg) for four years now, its mileage is 165k (65k by me) and its been great, the running costs have been good(exhaust, servicing,tyres, replaced the locks and a water pump,£200 insurance) but fast enough comfortable enough, huge – I drove it to the Algarve and back no problems, loads of second hand parts if the worst happens.
    ok the body work got rusty (which attracts a lot of attention in Spain and Portugal!) but who cares its a van!

My tip for a DIY bike rack is second hand Tubeclamp its great for building loads of things and can be dismantled in minutes with one Allen key.

robarnold
    Free Member

I HEART BONGOS

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Had a few T4`s I love em! Got a T5 kombi now couple of pics of us on a trip 5 bikes all the camping gear had to take a little trailer. Couldnt even feel it behind the van!

Vans for sale if anyones lookinf for one.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Oh and can someone tell me how to post slightly larger pics. Mine are always smaller tha everyone elses:( 😕

rickmeister

Our van, remapped, de-catted and ace. Posted on page two but you did ask for sexy vans….

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/rickmeister/building002.jpg%5B/img%5D

brack
    Free Member

Lived out of mine for over a year…ahhh the irony of working as a Paramedic and being called out to help the homeless!! LOL

flamejob
    Free Member

On the other end of the scale…

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

rickmeister – your T5 rocks! Love our T4, but now have van envy 🙁

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

. Mine are always smaller tha everyone elses:(

That happens a lot in life!!
    So I want to know, whos got the best van inside and out??? Get those pics in….

khani
    Free Member

another bongo owner here
    just got back from livigno with 5 peaple and ski kit and luggage 758miles each way
    did'nt miss a beat cruised at a steady 75-85mph all the way there and back
    love it 8)

khani
    Free Member

PS
    how hard is skiing 😯
    i'm nacked 😳 my poor leggies
    looks easy on the telly

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Anyone got a scudo/expert/dispatch?

taka
    Free Member

mi dad has one of thease

53plate ex.MOD, LDV Convoy double cab, 7 seater, massive parcel shelf,room for 2 bikes behind the rear seats, boot big enough to fit 5 bikes and tool chest,towball for towing caravans, av.38miles to the gallon in very hilly area

like this

sizes except his isnt the minibus version..

ness
    Free Member

http://www.fleettimes.co.uk/images/stories/reviews/commercialvehicles/p34_Extol.jpg sorry stock image due to difficuty postin 9 images on ebay

Here is a first on the topic of vans, a dihatsu extol converted with a bike rack in the back for 2 bikes and even room for camping gear and a dog! taken us up to scotland a couple of times no probs didnt get stuck in the snow and drives like a car. the van is currently for sale on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110509178198&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

as now have a vito!

epicsteve
    Free Member

Here's mine:

Would quite like one of those VW transporters for everyday transport.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Ex florist or sarnie shop?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

mi dad has one of thease

53plate ex.MOD, LDV Convoy double cab, 7 seater, massive parcel shelf,room for 2 bikes behind the rear seats, boot big enough to fit 5 bikes and tool chest,towball for towing caravans, av.38miles to the gallon in very hilly area

like this

pmsl, jackanory time

LDV's are officially the shittest of all vans

matt_outandabout

*nods*

I am saying goodbye to our last LDV in the line up this week, and good riddance.

I have to say our 08 plate Transit with flippy seats and rear cage is growing on me all the time – does about 30mpg bezzing around with the groups in at work, seems to get near 40 on long runs. I was talking with a colleague about looking into one with six seats (2x rows of 3) and a biiiig boot for bikes n stuff.
    Does anyone know if you can get bikes stowed vertically inside a standard roof Transit, front wheel off? I am trying to work out if I could get 5 across vertically in the back, with a 'front' accessible boot/storage area behind the second row of seats.

forge197
    Free Member

Did the OP (racing_ralph) ever buy a van after starting this epic thread?

Dunno, but if he did, he's probably sold it by now, or broken it up for tat. 😉

matt_outandabout

lol

khani
    Free Member

thats the yin to my bongo's yang!

Andyhilton
    Free Member

That is awesome

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 290 total)

The topic ‘Show me your bike vans’ is closed to new replies.