Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Show me your…
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

Airdrop Edits pls…

Want one, anyone got a V2 on order, what spec you gone for? Tempted but unwilling to purchase SRAM brakes so awaiting possibility of speccing Shimano on a ‘Pro’ bike.

superstu
    Free Member

Don’t not mean to derail the thread but SRAM brakes are miles better than they used to be. I tested some on an Aeris demo and was really impressed.

You could flog them as new and get shimano cheap? There was a thread yesterday with someone finding six at a very cheap price

patriotpro
    Free Member

SRAM brakes are brilliant until you have to either bleed or replace the pads at which point they start to deteriorate soon after. Happened with all 3 sets I had, (Juicys and Elixirs). The levers also seem to go floppy. Safe to say i won’t risk another set of SRAM brakes failing when there are the likes of Shimano producing brakes that work well and last beyond a change of pads.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    legend
    Free Member

Juicys and Elixirs were Avids (later branded Sram), Guides are genuinely far better. Certainly wouldn’t let them put me off a bike without giving them a fair crack first. I got hold of a set after experiencing several shitty pairs of Shimanos

P.S. Clickbait thread title means you’ve opened yourself right up to people that don’t know anything about the bike in question

core

Shimano are no Gods in the braking world, widely reported caliper leakage issues on lots of models leading to repeated pad contamination and no power/horrendous squealing. They are easy to bleed and replace pads though, something I’m now an expert at, owning two pairs of Deore M615’s that need constant attention.

New SRAM are supposed to be miles better than the old Avid brakes in every respect.

jamesfts
    Free Member

As people have said I’d not let a set of brakes put you off, they’re a great bit of kit.

Also I’d be surprised if Ed wasn’t happy to tailor the build for you so you were happy with the spec, best bet would be to drop him an email.

mrblobby
    Free Member

P.S. Clickbait thread title means you’ve opened yourself right up to people that don’t know anything about the bike in question

Don’t really understand why the OP wouldn’t just put Airdrop Edit in the title? Surely would get more/better responses. Confused 😕

Maybe we should all start doing it, might be quite fun… e.g.

Another …, but not professional!
    … – any reason why not?
    Show me your..
    Nice …. film
    …, with a few mods to show what can be done
    … or …?

jamesfts
    Free Member

In an effort to keep vaguely on topic….

Excuse the filth – large, raw Edit v1 frame built up with parts from my last bike swapped Bos Deviles/Kirk for Pike/Monarc Plus that after some tinkering I’ve been pretty impressed by. Far better both up and down hill than the Commencal it replaced.

mark90
    Free Member

Not my Edit…..

patriotpro
    Free Member

Also I’d be surprised if Ed wasn’t happy to tailor the build for you so you were happy with the spec, best bet would be to drop him an email.

In touch with Ed at the moment…

If any one wants to buy the SRAM brakes off me straight away, then feel free to your money where your mouth is…

patriotpro
    Free Member

In an effort to keep vaguely on topic….

*Sigh*

Looks well in the Raw colour-scheme! Be interested to know what size you went for and your height, if you are happy with the fit, etc…

patriotpro
    Free Member

Not my Edit…..

Both look well, I believe the grey has been discontinued for the V2 which is a shame cos i really like it with the Black decals.

Again be interested to know the owners thoughts of the bike, especially regards to sizing… Cheers

legend
    Free Member

patriotpro – Member
    If any one wants to buy the SRAM brakes off me straight away, then feel free to your money where your mouth is…

No point when the set I already have are so reliable 😉

patriotpro
    Free Member

No point when the set I already have are so reliable

Well there’s always one set that has to buck the trend 😉

jamesfts
    Free Member

Looks well in the Raw colour-scheme! Be interested to know what size you went for and your height, if you are happy with the fit, etc…

Yeah, I think it was the last v1 raw in large available – I do like the finish. As a bonus it seems to not show damage/scratches as easily as a painted finish would.

I’m near probably knocking on 6ft and bought a large, running 35mm stem and 800mm bars. I could probably go a touch longer on the stem but the frame is spot on. No gripes with the bike at all.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Not to derail, but I’d be interested in the Guides (depending on how much you want). Missus needs some new brakes for her birthday at the end of the month 🙂

More on topic, I was interested in a V1, but ended up going for an Aeris. Had a chat with a bloke who had one last year and he was really impressed with it.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Not to derail, but I’d be interested in the Guides (depending on how much you want). Missus needs some new brakes for her birthday at the end of the month

I’d take you up on that but the V2 isn’t out for another month or so.

mark90
    Free Member

Again be interested to know the owners thoughts of the bike, especially regards to sizing… Cheers

6′ maybe 6’1″ on a good day, large, 35mm stem, 800 bars. He loves the bike, and jumps everything possible on it. Coming from a Canyon HT with 100mm of travel I guess any mid travel FS is going to be a revelation.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Show me your…’ is closed to new replies.