Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Show me your 650B Hecklers
  • SBrock
    Free Member

Well I have been without a bike for 6 months, I have my heart set on a new 650B Heckler in Blue.

Spent yesterday buying on CRC buying drivetrain, mechs, shifters etc for £260

Not sure if I should put a 150mm or 160mm Pike on or not, will probably go for Hope Hoops with Arch EX.

Would be good to get some advice and pics of your 650B Hecklers

Thanks

SBrock
    Free Member

anyone?

awh
    Free Member

Try the Stif Cycles Instagram account for photos.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.santacruzbicycles.co.uk/demo-dates/
    nothing up yet but there should be some for 2014

dantsw13

Since its pretty similar to my non-650B Heckler, I’d say it defiantly wants a 160 fork if you want it to go down like a rocket. Mine has Marz 55 on and it is a ball!

SBrock
    Free Member

ok thanks Dan, gonna go for Pike RCT3 160mm solo air and Hope Hoops Arch EX

rickon
    Free Member

Arch EXs are great, far nicer than Crests and a bit lighter than Flows.

160mm on the 650b…. Won’t that give a bit extra height at the front compared to the same setup on the standard 26? They are specced from Santa Cruz with 150mm forks….

Pikes though, great choice 🙂

SBrock
    Free Member

think a 150mm on a 650b Heckler will be the sweet spot

slackalice
    Free Member

Rickon Arch EXs are great, far nicer than Crests…

Que? Please expand, I’m curious, thanks

rickon
    Free Member

Just that little bit stiffer, and don’t seem to be as soft against rocks, I dinged my Crests no end, in a very short time. Since having the Arch I have scuffs, from hitting rocks, but no dings.

SBrock
    Free Member

Ordered my Heckler 650b frame from Stif today with a Hope Headset – should arrive early next week – let the build commence!

Ordered the Tropicana Blue – should look good with a set of black Pikes!

soulstealer
    Free Member

http://m.flickr.com/photos/rocketdog/10886780323/lightbox/ here’s mine, got 160 pikes on mine slackens it a bit but feels ace! You’re gonna love it!

SBrock
    Free Member

Hey nice one, it looks really slack – Im getting 160 pikes (black) too!

How does it ride compared to the previous heckler?

What do you think of the rear shock?

soulstealer
    Free Member

I’m not the best person to ask as the last FS bike I had was a first generation heckler! I’ve been riding either hardcore hardtails or rigid ss since then! To me it feels really plush, the forks live up to all the reviews straight out the box and to me the rear shock seems great too! Ridden my local trails which are very rooty and trail centre reds/blacks and it just ploughed over, through and down everything. It flatters my limited skills and definitely brings out the hooligan! Just get used to answering the following questions:
    Is that 650b?
    Is it a Bronson or a heckler?
    Is it carbon?
    Can you notice any difference in ride!

Look forward to seeing pics built up!

SBrock
    Free Member

thanks fella – what size is yours? I have gone for Large as I am 5’11 with 32 inside leg!

Pics will be coming – Pike RCT3, Flows, High Roller IIs, Thomson, SLX Dbl, X9 shifters/mech XT cassette, Gobi etc

soulstealer
    Free Member

It’s an XL but I’m 6’5″ so a large should be bang on for you

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Show me your 650B Hecklers’ is closed to new replies.